• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WC 2010 South Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
nooo.jpg

WHYYYY!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Level 13
I hate Spain I wish Netherlands would have won since Spain players just seemed like huge crybaby's when they got injured... buutttt it was a very nice game to watch.

Level 12
Lol and what you wanted to see 10 goals :D
They played carefully, it wasn't any other match, it was FINAL!

Fine fine, I guess some people enjoy waiting 116min. for each goal. Although playing carefully is probably the effect of having weak offense, thus ending all Spain's matches with 1s and rarely 2s.

biggest crybaby is robben and van bommel :)

Why you make joke on their bad luck? These 2 are now maybe the greatest players on the world! You must understand that final match in World Cup isn't just any simple league game! Robben missed 1v1 2 times, not because he don't know but because of pressure! Why Spain players few times wanted to score goal themselves, they didn't wanted to assist?
Sub Cesc Fabregas then passed up a great opportunity when he was played through by Iniesta but Stekelenberg blocked his shot with a leg, with Villa screaming for the pass inside.
Iniesta will go to history, not Torres who assisted...

Level 34
You can say what you want, but game was awesome, they both deserved to win, just in last seconds Spain wanted that more!
I wouldn't describe that as awesome. A decent finish, but most of the game was rather dull soccer. The whole tournament was a disappointment, except perhaps the fact that some teams that never should have, got out of the group stages.

Honestly the reffing was pretty poor all around (more so group play), and the ball must have been strange, the way people couldn't handle it or shoot properly.

Honestly the reffing was pretty poor all around (more so group play), and the ball must have been strange, the way people couldn't handle it or shoot properly.

the reffing was terrible in the games i watched.
the germany vs argentina game - mueller got a yellow card for.. what? getting knocked down? i might've missed something crucial there, but it sure looked to me like he just randomly got yellow carded.
then in germany vs spain, oezil got blatantly tackled INSIDE the penalty area, and nothing. schweinsteiger, in a good position, got tackled pretty obviously again, no free kick whatsoever. i found that rather disappointing.
although, really, imagine how a germany/holland game would've turned out. especially when you consider how badly the spain/holland one turned out.

Level 18
Watched the match with about 150.000 others on large screens in Amsterdam yesterday. Was interesting to see those masses, but the match itself was quite boring. It was about 115 minutes of the Dutch team trying to show its ninja skills (I'm no expert on football, but it was impossible not to see a red card coming sooner or later) and the Spanish team lying on the ground then suddenly seeing it come to an end due to a late goal on Spanish side. I was hoping for penalties to make it a bit more exciting, but I'm of the opinion that Spain deserved the win (although I do think the ref went overboard with yellow cards in a few cases).
Remember that is just my football-newbish opinion.
Now that the vuvuzela show is over, let's sign a petition to spam the next world cup full of them as well.
For some reason I agree with you. :p

Last edited:
Level 4
I was cheering on Holland, but when I saw the way they played, i switched sides. De Jong and Van Bomel should be suspended for ever playing football again. Anyway, the commentator from my country said that Holland has 8 milion citizens. Is that true, because i think they have around 16?

Level 18
I was cheering on Holland, but when I saw the way they played, i switched sides. De Jong and Van Bomel should be suspended for ever playing football again. Anyway, the commentator from my country said that Holland has 8 milion citizens. Is that true, because i think they have around 16?

Should be 16 million indeed.

Level 34
I simply hope the next world cup has a better ball, and the coaches actually attack, instead of this lame defensive game.

Level 10
Agreed w/ imtor, Germany would have made the game great. There were alot of close calls, but no follow ups. IMO they deserved to win; they played better, simple as that.

wtf is this octopus anyway

it's a supposedly 'psychic' octopus that can predict the outcome of games. It's given two things of food with different flags in each one and whichever one it chooses is supposed to win the next game. Apparently, he was 100% accurate this world cup. IMO they just put something alluring in the food of whatever team is likely to win.

Btw, his name is Paul and he hails from England.

Agreed w/ imtor, Germany would have made the game great. There were alot of close calls, but no follow ups. IMO they deserved to win; they played better, simple as that..

they would've made a better game - but. the dutch got angry at the spanish people in that game pretty extremely. imagine what that would've been like against Germany. especially with the '74 world cup

Level 9
Spain just played a hell of a lot better then Germany this time, and that's that.
Maybe Germany really deserved the win like you say, N1ghthawk, but they didn't play any better xD They should stick to beating the Australian team as a pastime.

Status
Not open for further replies.