• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Dawn: Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Okey, this is nothing new, another zombie map I know I know but I'm putting good amount of effort in it and this time, it's something new. This map will feature North American factions, Mexico, western part of Europe, and Africa.

Background Story

Year 2010, the glorious Human Civilization was in edge of destruction. The world's population reached 20 billion. The carbon dioxide in the air tripled over few years. Terrorism, Riots, and energy crisis put many nations in panic. As the balance of peace between nations fell, so did the serenity of the world.

Year 2011, the United World organization was set by few countries in the world. They have few goals to save humanity from heading toward destruction. 1) Search & Destroy Hackers, Terrorists, and Rebellion Leaders all around the globe. 2) Space expansion program hoping to find the answer to overpopulation and Energy crisis. 3) United the world under Peace & Law. Not including few unstable countries such as those in Africa and Communist China/North Korea, (North Korea united with China because their citizens were basically starving to death.) Many countries all over the globe joined the Organization in search for peace.

Space expansion program and Uniting the World under same law failed due to it's expanses and disagreements. As many third world countries dropped out of the United World Organization in their struggle to pay for the still going goal #1 Search and Destroy mission. The many first world countries started panic. The countries still in the Organization was finally ordered to embargo the leaving 3rd world countries. Angered, many 3rd world countries joined the opposing side with China. China, Joined by many former allies during the cold war including Russia bonded together to make a new organization called United Powers. The army of United Powers (Mostly China) quickly took South Korea and Japan, The Third world war broke out in February 2nd, 2012.

United Powers was soon met with army of U.S. and it's allies of United World. Over 122,000,000 soldiers and Civilians died in both sides easily surpassing those died in WW2. China, angered by it's losses, decided to end the war quickly. Now armed with superior Nuclear Technology from Russia, China shot over 80 Nuclear Missiles to hit major cities in United States, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil. Although warned, evacuation was pointless, war ended with great casualties in both sides.

World went on as nothing happened. Over 120 years had past, enough time for two good generation to come and go. The United Power was ruled by few dictators whose name was unknown to us. We couldn't agreed on nothing, except the quarantine of the western hemisphere. We decided this after the shocking satellite photo (satellite had to be taken down thanks to energy crisis.) of New York and Mexico City. We were first very surprised to there were quite few many survivors. But we were very surprised to see that many of them was mutated in hideous way. Those Mutated was aggressive and bloodthirsty. Any physical contact with those Infected became one of them too. Two generations had past with very little knowledge of western hemisphere.

There is many different theories of how the damned mutants got into our continent. The most damn believable story I heard is that the damned Russian Scientists broke the quarantine law and went sailing to experiment with those zombie like creatures. The scientists made a mistake and boom! the damned zombies broke out free. Few days later Russia and it's surrounding countries were overran by Infection, and the next day we lost all means of communication with China. People kept fleeing west and always one of them seemed to be infected. The blood thirsty zombies spread world wide like wildfire and by yesterday we lost Germany and Poland to them. The Main cities were barricaded and Immigrants were slaughtered like pigs. There was no way of escaping out of this hell. I heard the idiotic Spanish government sent refugee boat across Atlantic to save Humanity, but that won't save them. This is pointless, Humanity is few hours from extinction.

When the survivors started crawling out of their little hideout, they found the world dark. Ash and carbon dioxide filled the air and nothing was functioning. Their homes destroyed and very little food they had. People killed each other over food, and shelter. at least that's what my grand daddy told me.

Wasn't long before folks started banding together. They built strongholds in the rubble, and they salvaged what they could from the machines of Before: cars, generators, guns. Eventually the dark times past, the sky opened up and things although slowly started growing again. Humanity has survived.

You think the worst has past, You think the civilization started again. But no, you are wrong my friend. You see, those "civilized" people, naturally fight to fill their endless greed. Some even take this as their chance to become a king. Many Greedy mans have set up their own little Nations but in the end, only Three survived. The Confederates, Dreamers who believes only fallowing their ways can save the civilizations again. The Reapers, Greedy Scums who goes around pillaging, Destroying, Raping, and Killing for their joy. And Finally the Redeemers, Religious Freaks who believes that only begging for mercy to god is the only answer to all these shocking truth.

No, the worst part is yet to come, Few who came crawling out of their little hideouts came out mutated, Bloody thirsty. They were no longer humans. More like zombies. Any blood or Saliva contact with these beasts turned you into one. Even Animals such as dogs and birds came out twisted. The world was no longer a place for humans, but place for Zombies and those Infected. As they were now the dominant race. At first, we thought they would start to starve them selves to death, but no, when they became hungry they came hunting for humans. We thought we will outsmart them, but they evolved. Evolved maybe too fast for even mother nature. We wait for our turn to die.

Few Years had past since the Nuclear Shower. Shit, who keeps track of time anymore? We got used to zombie raids and even kids learned to swing axe and shoot guns. Things were normal in sence untill one day, some ships landed on our beach near Florida. The heavy looking ships brought some tired looking people, armed with some heavy looking guns. In few days these "New Comers" set up some fancy buildings from year 2009 or something and got the system going of hunting our game, picking our fruits, and living in our lands. We watch them. They might not know we are here, but We are ready, ready to fight back for our land which belongs to us and soon our growing new generation. we are ready to fight. They don't expect a thing.

Factions & Strategy

British Isolationists
Central Europa Union
Spain & Portugal
Afrika Union
Danish Empire (Apparently separated from the Great Britain)
Mexico Imperio
The Redeemers
The Reapers
Confederates
and 3 zombie players

Unit List may Change over time

BASIC European Army List - Each faction will have 1-2 Special Units
-Infantary [Assault]: Simple Infantary armed with Basic M4A1 Rifle.
-Assault Infantary [Assault]: Simple Infantary armed with Heckler & Koch MP5. they have shorter range & Demage then Infantary, but bigger health point and way faster attack speed.
-Law Enforcment [Assault]: Armed Policemen, They are armed with big shield and Assault Axe to keep the Riots and panicked citizens under control.
-Refiner [Support]: Originally Invented by British Empire, but sold to many parts of the world thanks to their effectivenss against zombies, They are armed with highly concentrated Toxic Acid to melt away their enemies. Good for stopping mass zombies.

BASIC American Army List - Each Faction will have 1-2 Special Units.
-BoneBreaker [Assualt]: Survivors armed with Simple Blunt weapons such as FireAxe and stuff, Make most of American Army.
-Intantary [Assualt]: Same Infantary as European ones.
-Bartender [Support]: Armed with Home made Molotov cocktail, They are effective against buildings.
-Patchman [Support]: Carries First Aid kit around, these medics can be usuful to heal units after battles.

BASIC Zombie Unit List - There are total of three different levels.

Zombie [Level 1] [Assault]: Infected Survivors of 2012. They are core unit of Zombie mob.
Pork [Level 1] [Support/Suicidal]: Those mutated pigs have evolved in many ways after it was deformed. They use their massive amount of stomach acid to explode themselves in the middest of enemies.
Stalkers [Level 1] [Assault]: Lightning reflexes and hypertrophied muscles allows them to move faster than normal zombies. These superior zombies usually leads the mob on Human Hunt.

Basically, the game is a mixture of American Colonization, (by Grunty1) and World War Z (by Nos-Feratu. & MrApples). The African & European nations who wasn't affected by the Nurclear War will have civilized army. They will soon be attacked by massive number of zombie by zombie player #1, and will be forced to leave Europe and take the refuegee in America where they will find them selves attacked by hostile natives and more zombie.

The American factions will face Zombie and each other. They will also face civilized army of Mexican Imperio (Empire) seeing this as their chance to expand their lands and wipe out "no longer civilized Americans (and Canadians)" The three american factions will be very different, for example the Redeemers will heavily depend on their faith on god therefore having defensive army and lots of healers, while The Reapers, the outlaw factions, will have very mobile army because they raid other factions for living. Also the units of American army won't have official name for weapons of war like TI25...? or whatever... but slangs and made-up words showing lots of time had past since some real civilization.

for Zombies, you know what to do, go around killing humans and make them miserable as possible.

Credits
this is for everyone's model and other things I used, If you are willing to help with this map, I will also give you credit.

Cavman: for his UTN models
abriko: for his Acathla's Zergicid model
Mr. Bob: for his Building pack

The Current Terrain
The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

The map is being worked on as a side project, Dun expect it to be done in few days, but I will constantly update this thread. every unit is worked with detail and balance. Screenshots will be comin soon. I want new Ideas and criticism about it. Please I dun want comments like "boo this is soo unoriginal" and stuff.

I almost forgot! I chose the title New Dawn, becuase in many cultures (including western and Eastern, Dawn represents end of evil things like vampires, zombies. If you got a better name, please post it here.

Last edited:
Level 5
Sounds Great!
Im just wonder how much might the zombie players will have together?
Will the zombie players be able to mass produse weak zombies fast as hell or have strong slow produced?
+Rep for great map idea :wink:

Level 8
It will really depend on what kind of evolution techtree they will research. I'm sorry for not having much info about the map, I will post more and better Ideas later..... I hope.

EDIT: no ideas about the map? Really none?

Last edited:
Level 8
I like this idea it sounds pretty kl i am currently working on my own maps, (yea a zombie one too) so It so happens I have some kl skins and a few idea u may use (yea i got ur PM and im happy to help)

Ideas
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for the storyline you could have the brittish also comming over to steal land (they could be very powerfull with hi tec stuff) then say once a faction dies, they respawn with zombie workers and join the zombie team (so people do just die). Finaly you could also have the zombies starting off with powerfull units (they had 3 years to prepare) and they could begin some random attack lol.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yea I also have lots of weapon Icons, such as M4, Rocket launch and other stuff if u need them ill see about those skins tonight xD I look forward to working with you.

Level 8
That's all good. I already set the triggers that makes the killed people to become zombies.(stole it from WWZ) I would love to work with you too. Maybe I could give some comments on your map, and stuff....but dun't get too excited because this is only a side project. umm.... +rep noticing my post...lol

EDIT: Just posted the basic European & Africa Infantary list. Each different countries will have at least 2~3 special units. I want comments and stuff and maybe they will be added to the list. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/artins+the+great/albums/few+screenshot++my+map/5120-basic-european-unit-list/

Last edited:
Level 12
Why New Dawn: Apocalypse? Because you like the words? Because they mean opposite things. It just sounds weird to me.

Any screenshots of the map? Examples of custom units?

Level 8
Sorry for the double post, I decided the "American Colonization" terrain was not good for this type of map, so I decided to make my own. I'm posting the current Apocalypse map. I started working on the western side of the world and here they are. The Green Circle is The Redeemers' territory. the Pink Circles is the The Reapers' territory, and the Grey circle is the Confederates' territory. As you see, I made North America flat, so the "epic battles" between the American faction is possible. I'm not done with the America so dun't judge too harshly. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/artins+the+great/albums/few+screenshot++my+map/5183-america-map-my-side-project/ I can't seem to find the place for Mexico tho... oh and do you see the black dot in the middle of America? Ya that's where the Nuclear bomb hit. You will see these dots in several places later. the dots are where the zombies are gonna start.

Level 8
sorry for my long absence.... It was a long week, auuh jarri, the zombies are kind of mutated humans due to heavy nuclear bombin in North America and Pollution. Not all have died in North America. Many who survived made clan and stuff. In my map, The Redeemers are religious group that believes only god can save them now, Therefor they have powerful medic units. The Reapers are pirate/viking like group who took the whole thing as a ticket to freedom, do whatever they wanted to do. the Confederates are groups of people with heavy southern accent and wants to bring the other clans under constitution and try to rebuild the great country U.S. was once before. The Zombies are slow & dumb they are just a background people (monster).

edit: I could use some rep, I apologize for taking forever to take som screenshots. Be patient.

Level 6
In your screenshot, the tooltip has a fault, it says Assult, instead of assault.

also the big letters was to indicate what i was talking bout, and <3 means love

Edit: The teams also seems wierdly a lot like my dead zombie invasion project, "Central europe"

Level 8
Auuuh oops, My bad didn't noticed that. And about the teams, Ya, I thought of this map after I watched 28 Days Later movie and your Zombie map. Didn't thought that would borther ya Cause the maps we are makin is lot different. (Like WWZ & Eras Zombie Invasion) If it keeps borthering you, I would gladly change the names. Thanks anyways.

Auuh I was also planning to take the Mexico and Danish Factions out because for Mexico, I couldn't find the place for Mexico (check out my terrain), and for Danish, Britain was underpowered.. Two Less players means less waiting anyways... I will soon put up a better background story.

Level 6
Well, do NOT make it like eras or the wwz, those are plainy skillless, the 10k zombies is retarded, make zombies balanced without having em with 10k hp... make both teams able to strike each other, not just zombies attack humans.

Also, I could give a hand or two in this, sinceI dropped the zombie invasion of my own, oh and by the way, keep the danish faction or be destroyed!

Edit:
If you were even planning on mexico or africa, or just other europe than france, then you'd better expand the map down and sideways.

Level 2
Sounds like an Excellent map. Im good with Mapping and Custom things but Triggers are not my Forte. If you need any skinning modleing or mapping Pm me^^ Im also working on a map called Desert Warfare. Unfortunatly the ideas i hade for it involve superb triggering xP Can I get some helps = D

Also ive got some sample maps ive cast aside cause I had no idea of what to do with them. If you wanna see them I'll send you Screen Shts ^^

Last edited:
Level 8
Got the background story going. Hope you guys like it! and thanks for your comments Childeric & TwilightThief! +rep to all of you!

Edit: and ya the spanish colony in the screenshot was supposed to be spanish colony set by those refugee sent by spanish government in Europa Story and Spanish Colony in American story. So the spain & Portugal gets head start in American colonization just like they did in 1800's or something.

Level 2
Depends

Zombies CAN get old. It depends on weather or not they're a side dish or the full blown course. Zombies arent that bad but i have to agree over used, but its your map. And why not use the UTN modles? They're excellent. They're very good Infantry and Heavy Infantry modles. Im useing tem on my map ^^ Its almost done x.x just gotta add teh allying triggers and then its ready for its BETA test. = D

Level 8
I have a new Skin tell me if u like it might be useful for some heavily Armored Infantry.
6359-my-new-heavily-armored-space-marine-very-nice-plate-work-done-chest-shoulders-front.jpg

6360-my-new-heavily-armored-space-marine-very-nice-plate-work-done-chest-shoulders-back.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.