• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC 2010 South Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Divine Dutchfag here. I'm surprised there hasn't been a proper Hive thread about WC2010.

Let's keep the football stuff you want to share with us in one big thread, instead of smaller but numerous threads.

Go Holland!

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html

And here's the schedules of the matches.

Edit: And if you're a proper footballist, then you do not say "soccer." There is a strict difference between football and American handegg.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I cant wait to hear of all the near death experiences fans will have in South Africa. Gangs have been fighting since 2008 over what areas they can kill forighners in and the police in SA offically threw in their towl in the fight with only a small squad of them remaining active during the matches. I recon that atleast 25% of tourists going for any of the games will be subjected to some form of falliny, ranging from death at gunpoint to scams.

I have no idea what the hell made them choose South Africa to host the 2010 world cup. Why not just host it at Chnobil and be done with it, its as safe for the spectators.

What is even more amazing is that after the World Cup, there is an 80% chance that there will be a mass genocide for any light toned people in South Africa with a high chance of a genocide of all people from competing tribes. Already many of the political leaders in South Africa are openly preaching to their people to kill any non dark origin people in South Africa or any person who is not from their tribe.

I am not even going to bother raising the fact that the president of South Africa is a rapist, oh wait I just did.

Other interesting factors you should know...
Most of the electricity used in SA is stolen.
Nearly every pale toned person living in South Africa has been threated at gun point or lost someone close to them by criminal shooting.
HIV and being shot are natural causes of death in SA (if you are shot you are noted to have died of natural causes).
Millions of illegal SA passports are issued every year on offical SA passport paper sold by the offical suppliers to the black market.
The fastest internet available is by attaching a USB memory stick to a bird (a bird with a memory stick has a higher transfer rate across africa than their normal dileup connections or even their premium non dileup connections).

Lets not forget all the racial killings that occured a few years ago when Zimbabwy had mass migrations to SA.

How the hell could this country get to host the World Cup... Especially after Germany did so well with it 4 years ago in 2006. Even places like Cuba would be a better choice.

The fact I hate football yet still am willing to warn people about South Africa just shows you how bad the country is.

Also do note that the content here is not aimed at being racist, it is aimed at factually representing what is going in South Africa.

Level 19
Cape town is the most dangerous city in the world, i have seen this on Discovery(my fav program) there are lots of gangs and murderors. And how on earth are they playing the cup?

What? I heard from a research that Moscow was the most dangerous city.

DSG said:
I am not even going to bother raising the fact that the president of South Africa is a rapist, oh wait I just did.

He was proven innocent.

GO HOLLAND! :D

Level 8
I cant wait to hear of all the near death experiences fans will have in South Africa. Gangs have been fighting since 2008 over what areas they can kill forighners in and the police in SA offically threw in their towl in the fight with only a small squad of them remaining active during the matches. I recon that atleast 25% of tourists going for any of the games will be subjected to some form of falliny, ranging from death at gunpoint to scams.

I have no idea what the hell made them choose South Africa to host the 2010 world cup. Why not just host it at Chnobil and be done with it, its as safe for the spectators.

What is even more amazing is that after the World Cup, there is an 80% chance that there will be a mass genocide for any light toned people in South Africa with a high chance of a genocide of all people from competing tribes. Already many of the political leaders in South Africa are openly preaching to their people to kill any non dark origin people in South Africa or any person who is not from their tribe.

Other interesting factors you should know...
Nearly every pale toned person living in South Africa has been threated at gun point or lost someone close to them by criminal shooting.
HIV and being shot are natural causes of death in SA (if you are shot you are noted to have died of natural causes).
Millions of illegal SA passports are issued every year on offical SA passport paper sold by the offical suppliers to the black market.
The fastest internet available is by attaching a USB memory stick to a bird (a bird with a memory stick has a higher transfer rate across africa than their normal dileup connections or even their premium non dileup connections).

Lets not forget all the racial killings that occured a few years ago when Zimbabwy had mass migrations to SA.

How the hell could this country get to host the World Cup... Especially after Germany did so well with it 4 years ago in 2006. Even places like Cuba would be a better choice.

The fact I hate football yet still am willing to warn people about South Africa just shows you how bad the country is.

Also do note that the content here is not aimed at being racist, it is aimed at factually representing what is going in South Africa.

The reason why these are facts is because im white and i Live in SOUTH AFRICA.

Cape town is the most dangerous city in the world, i have seen this on Discovery(my fav program) there are lots of gangs and murderors. And how on earth are they playing the cup?

This is not true really, It is Johannesburg, more at our northerly part of ZA.

Back to DSG's Post at top.
Gangs have been fighting But our cops finally pulled there fingers out of their ass's and have arrested quite a bit lately.

there is an 80% chance that there will be a mass genocide for any light toned people in South Africa with a high chance of a genocide of all people from competing tribes.

This is something called "Night of the knives". The black's plan to kill all whites in south africa when Nelson Mandela dies, his death is their signal. But if you live here you would notice 50 % of Black are in a tribe called Xhose and the other 50% in the Tribe ZULU, These two factions if i can call them that Hate each other more than they hate white, and im being serious, they would first kill the other tribe before turning on the whites. Now the coloured, mix of black and white, Hate the Black more than anything else so the coloured would stand with the white, but i doubt this will happen. 80%? haha is this what the other countries are saying about us? HAHA i've heard people asking are we riding on lions but this is Stupid.

As for Security, HAHAHA, Everyone here in ZA is too occupied watching football, ZA 3 great loves are Rugby, Crieket and Soccer.

This is True... LOL..he says its his xhosa culture, i call it stupid.

This is a load of #*$% unless u were joking.

It isn't a bad country, you just need to know how to survive, the us TOUGH ZA people.

How the hell could this country get to host the World Cup

Well it busy happening and it is succeeding.

Is true. lol, The goverment lets the poeple in shack steal it. Pisses me off though. but if your white, you stuggle.

I recon that atleast 25% of tourists going for any of the games will be subjected to some form of falliny, ranging from death at gunpoint to scams.

I doubt this seriously.

The whole country is a mess. Thus why most people my family know no longer live there.

No its not, Do you have something against us???

Most people think South africa is F-Up but listen, its not, its very pleasant and beautiful, sure we have a lil crime problem every now and then but what place does not, except singapore. In England schools there are Stabbing, in ZA there is NONE.(nothing again england)(just an example).

Go BAFANA BAFANA!(ZA)

O YEAH! i've been too 2 Soccer Matchs!!!

Level 34
With all due respect, but could everyone stay on topic and stop responding to DSG's trolling? I do not want to see this thread derail into a racist thread about rapists and criminals just because DSG has his period again and has had a bad time there.

Level 35
Victory.jpg

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
This is a load of #*$% unless u were joking.
I was not, maybe you should read your own news, the one that said a law firm found birds faster than their internet. This maybe? I know this is from the BBC but its all over the internet.

No its not, Do you have something against us???
It is a mess, if it was not it would not be very difficult to get visas to go anywhere in the world. The only reason its universities are not degraded into worthlessness is because their old graduates who do the rattings for universities of the world still like them.

Most people think South africa is F-Up but listen, its not, its very pleasant and beautiful, sure we have a lil crime problem every now and then but what place does not, except singapore. In England schools there are Stabbing, in ZA there is NONE.(nothing again england)(just an example).
The schools in South Africa apparently hand out qualifications for nothing, just to reach the required pass rates. Ofcourse not all schools will do this and private schools are probably still good but you are getting a lot of "qualified" who are being given degrees with out much work. Yes its a beautiful place and stuff grows unlike in Scotland but atleast you dont have people with automatic weapons driving by who could literally open fire at any minute.

Im not even going to bother putting a sum on the ammount that crappy country costed my family. I admit it used to be good and even saved by ancestors long ago, long before all that racist crap of arparthite and stuff but since then it has pretty much gone down a land slide where it is still going. Most of the people my parents knew have left South Africa for good and atmost come back there for their work or occasional holiday.

Im sure there are horrific number of murders each year in South Africa. Yes its not the most dangerous country in the world but you are probably at multiple times the risk of fatal attacks compared to other countries. Obviously there are safe areas and no go areas, just like in the UK but in the UK most of the country is pretty safe unlike in South Africa where even in a car you have to drive fast inorder to stop people jumping in and hijacking you.

Lets not forget their retarded aids prevention education they gave.

As people seem to be having problems grasphing how bad South Africa is, ill stop and let them find out for themselves.

Anyway back to football....
What exactly is the point of football? It seems like a couple of potentially gay people (all males and I know some have wives but that still does not stop you getting that feeling when watching) kicking a ball around trying to hit it into the other teams goal. Yet for some reason every goal the british score is worth 75 million pounds or something nuts. On top of that the players have no self control and often end up with red cards for stuff they could easilly avoid doing like saying certain english words or attacking other players. It seems a bit pointless, does it not? Infact you could even replace the players for players in a game and have it all done virtually, it certailly would be more friendly for the environment and in 5 years or so time fans probably would not even notice the difference between a real and totally virtual match.

As for watching it in HD.... How does that exactly help? Yes the image is more sharp but the details you see are completly pointless and most of the people in the stadium itself can not see those details due to their distance away from the field. Which raises the question, stay at home for better vistual detail of the action or go to the match for just going to it? As for watching football in 3D, well I guess its a good use of 3D technology as that way it garuntees what you see on TV is actually better than going there, if they use non colour reduction 3D broadcasting which I doubt they do.

Still I fail to see why football is such a major thing. I understand that some people like it, afterall I like videogames but still, in a lot of countries you can generalise that most people like football. Infact I seriously believe that most people who say they love football actually do not, they purly think they should say that to fit in. Afterall you are probably writing some complainy, illogical or confusing replay to the football comments in this post just because I do not like football (odd one out).

As for being offtopic or not, well this is about South Africa, as the title says the World Cup 2010 in South Africa. Additionally it is about football as this is about the World Cup. Thus I am entitled to share my opinions on the subject(s) which is what I am doing. I have no idea why you think I am trolling. Or is it maybe because I do not fit in with your perfect football orientated universe or something so you are just sprouting random degrading terms at me?

Level 34
4chan changed the title of /sp/ from Sports to:

/sp/ - English Goalkeeping
BBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

And it's full of vuvuzuela spam :D

Level 8
the word Vuvuzele means Kudu Horn, Kudu being a specie that lives in ZA, Good hunting and it taste great, i've shot 3 before and in 3 weeks my 4th one :D(dads still overseas),
The old people of ZA use to make the kudu horn hollow and blow on it like the vuvuzela and that is where it came from.

@ Wraith : Hahaha its true, another thing Blowing the Vuvu is fun but if someone next to you blows it its annoyong XD

Level 16
@ Cpt.ZnacK: Aye, I can imagine why :D

By the way how much noise can a single vuvuzela actually make? I read somewhere that a guy blew his vuvuzela during midnight, and everyone in his 5-story apartment could hear it.

Well as for the World Cup, it is a first for me that I can't hear any cheering or singing during an England game (from the tv that is).

@ TheDivineBoss : I'm sorry, but I'm rooting for Denmark :D Alas I'm an arsenal guy, so I'm torn between cheering for Van Persie and Bendtner.

Status
Not open for further replies.