• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias Retaliation Community Rewriting Project *SPOILER*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

As announced, I'm publishing all the dialogues that still need to be looked over and improved to these forums.

Feel free to edit them within the bounds of the general theme of the specific quests. If you dont know which quest the texts belong to, just keep the general content of the message and rewrite the grammar and stylize the speech a little.

WARNING!
This thread contains heavy spoilers. I you haven't yet played the map and seen all content, I recommend not reading this thread!

So let's get started!
--------------------------------------

Some old stuff that needs to be redone (both from content and writing perspective):
Heh, didn't expect you to return that fast. Those crabs grew pretty big the last days.

I see you were successful? Great; maybe he will stop biting in my legs for a while now. Not that my legs weren't tasty, hehe ...

My little friend here is hungry and he's quite a gourmet; ... just loves this crabs.
Do you mind getting us some lobster flesh? You'll find them at the beach in the north west. I'd go myself, but I'm on guard-duty today.

Now that really tastes good, doesn't it, little one?

Ah, a new face ... Most of the time I'm living here on my own ... and yes, I sometimes feel a little lonely.
My Son is living in the village Riversdale south east from here, he's working at the blacksmith's... Usually he brings me food every day, but he wasn't here now for two weeks. I'm starting to worry about him.
I'm starving. Could you please buy me some food at the market in Riversdale? Oh and while you are at it ... Watch out for my son!

Content that has never been checked and needs a total makeover:
[Please don't mind the JASS stuff and only check the text, I was too lazy to remove all the additional stuff. Also, this allows me to c'n'p the stuff into the map without any additional work to be done.]
JASS:
                call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nFinally someone is volunteering to help Ankhmaron out of trouble. It may not be an important country, compared to those in the north, but it's the only homeland I have ...")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "So, err, excuse me if I have to get straight to the point: I am not entitled to tell you about the details. Neither do I know anything special about what is going on here actually.", 9)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "For now, I can just tell you what everybody knows: The countries in the south are getting devastated by an unknown plague, caused by poisonous spores spread by the air.", 18)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "I do not know what exactly happened down there, but I do know that Ankhmaron is in great danger. And to make matters worse, Mytargas, the capital of Ankhmaron, is attacked by those that somehow managed survived the plague.", 30)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "But I am pretty sure that Sergeant Qwerty and Colonel Brightblade of the city guard can tell your more about this. Report back to them! We do need every helping hand we can get.", 40)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nYou need to hurry! Mytargas is in the south west. Just follow the trade route and you will get right there.")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nYou are the new recruit, aren't you? At last someone with fighting experience. Hurry up and talk to Colonel Brightblade. He wants to mount the new recruits personally.")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nHurry up and discuss everything with Colonel Brightblade, recruit!")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nNew recruit, hein? There are lots of people out there willing to sacrifice their lives just for a quick coin, recently. I just hope you are not one of those and prove a little bit of ... endurance.")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "But I do not want to scare you off. I'm actually relieved that there are still promising candidates out there. Most of the mercenaries and soldiers just took their heels when the mutants showed up in Ankhmaron. Cowards.", 10)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "You will realize that there are only few people left in this town. Only those that are too poor to get a horse, the last parts of the shattered military and some greedy traders have remained.", 20)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "If you ask me, this city is doomed. But I will do a hell to give it up just now. I was born here and I am certainly going to die here too - and take as much of those monsters with me as possible", 30)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "But let's get to the point: As maybe Sergeant Qwerty already told you; the city is currently under attack by undead beings; those that somehow survived the poisonous spores.", 40)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Not just their flesh is rotten now, but they are also controlled by their lust for blood, too. Both chantry and the magician's guild came to the conclusion, that there is nothing we can do about them anymore. Except a quick death.", 50)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "But it's too early for you, to get so deep into trouble yet. I want you to participate in some special training first.", 60)
                call QuestTransmissionEnd(PID, 0, null, 78, 0, null)
                if GetUnitTypeId(udg_ControlledHero[PID]) == 'H000' then
                    call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "You are a soldier, so maybe you should check up the Center Square, as there's a large guard mount taking place at the moment. Talk to Lord Thuron; he will tell you about the details.", 68)
                elseif GetUnitTypeId(udg_ControlledHero[PID]) == 'H001' then
                    call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "You are a cleric, so maybe you should check up the noble district. After the western city parts were taken, the chantry took shelter there.", 68)
                elseif GetUnitTypeId(udg_ControlledHero[PID]) == 'H002' then
                    call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "You are an apprentice of the arcane arts, so maybe you should check up the noble district. The local mage's guild hall is residing there.", 68)
                elseif GetUnitTypeId(udg_ControlledHero[PID]) == 'H00B' then
                    call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "You are one of those nature-guys, aren't you? You should talk to the arch druid in the park district. I am sure he can give you advice.", 68)
                elseif GetUnitTypeId(udg_ControlledHero[PID]) == 'H00D' then
                    call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "You are one of those outlaws - but I don't care. We are not in the position to turn down a good mercenary, when we can get one. You should check up the slums quarter.", 68)
                endif

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nHurry up and report to Corporal Finley! The battle is still ongoing!")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nI'm glad you made it back in time. While you was away, a weird man from the south made his way through these gates.")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nAnd thus, I think that ... oh, ... looks like we got someone new listening.")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "I feel a strong magical aura in you. You are a magician from the northern regions, aren't you? Welcome to the mage guild of Mytargas. What can I do for you?", 8)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Ah, so Colonel Brightblade wants you to improve your skills before giving you further tasks? A wise decision, indeed, but unfortunately, I think I can not help you in your current state.", 18)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "You see, the source of magic from the north is quite different from ours. While you should be able to access your basic powers here, you will never get to your full potential without 'connecting' entirely.", 28)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "The source of magic in Ankhmaron is the cloud plane. In order to overcome your natural limit, you need to control the source.", 40)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "If you are still interested, I can provide you with all the reagents and perform the ritual every student of magical arts in Ankhmaron needs to go through. Once finished, you will be able to properly connect to the source.", 50)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "It's your decision. There are great dangers in the cloud plane ... and once you are there, you are on your own. I can guide you, but I can not intervene.", 60)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nTell me when you are ready to go to the cloud plane.") 

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nYou did indeed amaze me, apprentice. I felt the magical eruption at the cloud plane. Now make good use of your newly granted powers and report back to Colonel Brightblade as soon as possible.")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nGreetings, traveler. Unfortunately, I am to busy to talk to you right now.")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nI tell you, we must act now! If we wait any longer, then - ... Wait a second. Brother ... over there? Come here, please!")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Brother, we have a serious business to talk about. The threat that this city is faced with grows stronger and stronger with every sun rising and we simply do not have enough experienced men to strike them back.", 8)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Do you see this quarter over there? Behind this canal? A small force of the mutated beings has broken through the city wall there. Currently, the forces stationed there are surrounded and without any help, they are not going to survive this night.", 18)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "If you really want to help Ankhmaron, then we have to defend this city first. Go to the pier at the south east, between the noble and the park district and meet with the boatsman there.", 30)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "He will bring you to the other side. And once you are there, try to save as many soldiers with your healing powers as you can. We can not allow more of our brave men to fall.", 40)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Let's just hope it is not already too late. If you make it back to us, I can possibly find the time to teach you some higher divine powers. May god guide you, brother.", 50)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nMeet the boatsman! He is currently at the pier between the noble and the park district. You have to hurry!") 

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nI'm glad you made it back alive, brother. You saved a lot of brave souls today and I am sure god will reward you some day. But for now, I would feel honored if you accept my teachings.") 

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nMay god guide your hand, traveler.")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nShe's alone ... you can lower your weapons, my friends.")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "So, what have we here? A stray dove that followed the wrong corn trail? Amusing. That dumb army guy Brightblade can truly be sportive ...", 8)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "But I'm gonna tell you something: I ain't gonna turn down a good mercenary. Times are hard, even for us. And occasionally, I got work for you ... to prove ... trustworthy.", 18)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "You will meet my 'special friend' down the canal at the park district. He will bring you to the estate of Varatraz, the local High Lord. You will sneak in and steal something that is precious to me.", 28)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "If you feel bad about that, then I can tell you, that it's just a special blade that has an ideal value for me; a personal story that I will keep secret. I doubt he will miss it; it's worth not even a single coin.", 40)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "I don't want to see murders from you. It took me quite a few time to acquire a certain reputation of 'style' and you are not going to destroy that. Maybe that Sleeping-powder is gonna help. And now get out of my sight, snookums.", 50)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nMeet the boatsman at the pier between the noble and the park district, snookums!") 

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nHe, looks like I underestimated you, snookums. For now, I do not have another task for you. But I think that Idiot-blade guy is longing for your return anyways. Feel free to ask for special training, if you must.") 

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nI can't believe we made it out there alive. Maybe I should go to the church more often, once all this is over.") 

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\n*Hrmph* ... Tell that woman that she's not paying enough for jobs like that.") 

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nWant me to ship you somewhere?")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nIt's about time that you show up here, Val'shar, friend; the winds may bless you.")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "I can see that you have a lot of questions in your mind. And I am going to answer them, for sure. My name is Shindras and I am the High Druid of a tribe from the south.", 10)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "There is no doubt that the wrath of Gaia - mother of all - has come upon us. Night by night I am having visions of what is going to happen somewhen. And they get stronger and more extreme every night.", 20)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "You can also feel it, don't you? Your bond with the earth is strong, after all. I can hear the trees crying and the tears of the wind, howling across this city.", 30)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "For now, I want you to take a look into one of my visions. If you drink from this vial I have here, you will fall into deep slumber. I will then try to connect our minds, to allow you entering my dream.", 40)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "But keep in mind ... this dream may be more real than you can imagine. You will not notice that nothing is real, until you are back.", 50)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nWhen you are ready to see the vision, drink from my vial.") 

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nPlease, do not despise her for what she is trying to do. Gaia cares for humans as much as for every living being. - Oh, and if you still feel like you need some training, I can surely help you.") 

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nGaia cares for all living beings. I can not imagine how hard that decision had to be ...")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nThis is ... future, my friend. I- ... I can almost see it. It's like an emerald truth ...")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Did you know that Gaia was worshiped in Ankhmaron long ago? Before the civilization of this country began, there were numerous temples everywhere.", 10)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "The tribes of this country slowly faded away, as more and more settlers from the south arrived during the times of colonization.", 20)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "What you can see here, are the remnants of Mytargas just after ... humans have ... extinct ...", 30)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "You have to agree that it has some kind of ...  beauty, don't you? I once saw a bird flying across this place ... While the poison of the spores is still strong here, it seems to get weaker every night.", 40)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Slowly, both flora and fauna begin to normalize ... it somehow feels like the calm after a thunderstorm.", 50)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nYou need to wake up now, friend ...")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+"Soldiers"+":|r\n\nSire, Yes Sire!")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Do not falter, when you face them. They are of flesh and blood and can be killed like any other foul creature. And blood is what they will receive. Dismissed!", 5)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, " ", 15)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "*Lord Thuron notices you* ... - so ... another volunteer for our defence forces? Kinda weak chest, eh?", 20)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "I don't understand what Brightblade is thinking. But I suppose he must have his reasons, sending you to me. Want me to give you special training, don't you?", 30)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "I tell you something ... northwards of the trade district, there is this arena, where the most promising recruits of ours battle in order to improve their skills. Tell the arena guards that you were send by me and they will let you pass.", 40)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "These battles are not battles for death. Keep that in mind, when the rage comes over you. Dismissed, soldier.", 53)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nReport to the arena guards. I do not have time to concern about you, yet.") 

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nSo the recruit is coming back? Victorious, I suppose? Looks like you might be a better addition to our forces than I thought. Feel free to ask for special training, if you need to.") 

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nI truly do not have the time to talk to you now, mercenary.")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nWell fought, soldier. A truly epic duel.") 

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nThe arena is off-limits for commoners.")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nA man came through this gate some hours ago; looked kind of weird. Although I believe he is no harm for us, I would feel better if you investigate that matter.")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "He said he has come here for a serious business and headed straight for the slums. I bet he is going to meet the troll who calls himself 'The Oracle'. Don't get me wrong; I'm not into this spiritual stuff.", 10)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "However, it couldn't hurt to ask those trolls about this plague. I could imagine they know more about this than any other here.", 20)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Go to the slums and find out what they know. We need to gather more information, before we can deal with this situation.", 30)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nI see ... this is ... really bad. But ... we can not abandon this town now. If there is no other way, we have to fight until the very end.")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nShok'natar, warrior! Do you seek guidance or do you wish to make contact with the spirits within?")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Allow me to introduce him to you: This is Vaka'resh, one of the elders of a troll tribe far from the south. He witnessed the plague evolving and spreading all over Kurodan.", 10)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, udg_QuestNPC[35], "Va'kresh, my friend. No need to be so formal. I could understand that this person wants to get to the point as fast as possible.", 20)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Indeed, friend. So ... I bet you want to know exactly what happened here, months ago? However, Vaka'resh, I could imagine that you could explain this case better than me, so ...", 30)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, udg_QuestNPC[35], "At the first days of the plague, the trees began to mutate. Slowly, they evolved those mushroom-like limbs, that spread those spores by the wind.", 40)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, udg_QuestNPC[35], "It seems that the plants and trees have a certain resistance to the poison of those spores. At least they do not seem to mutate all at once. However, this is only a matter of time.", 50)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, udg_QuestNPC[35], "Animals behave different. Unlike humanoids, they seem to not mutate and rot away that fast, but still become more and more aggressive every day ...", 60)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "The humanoid mutated beings are different. It seems like they are not really controlled by mind, but just by instict. It's only a theory, but it almost seems like they are trying to ... get something here.", 70)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "I suppose there is something below the streets of Mytargas, that is luring them here; in the sewers ... We need to investigate that.", 80)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nSo the sewers are infested by those mushrooms? I can not say that I am surprised; it's only logical that those places that are connected to water get plagued first.")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, udg_QuestNPC[35], "It seems that the spores somehow create a natural resistance against water. When the plague started, rivers were always a good natural defence, until the winds shifted and the spores could get over it.", 10)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "If those spores truly evolve some kind of protection against water, then this means the end of all life at Kurodan. We need to find the vaccine as soon as possible.", 20)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "You deserve our respect, stranger. Thanks to you, we made a great step forward into understanding this plague. You should ask Vaka'resh for his knowledge; I am pretty sure he found some interesting scrolls on his travels.", 30)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nMay the spirits protect you, traveler.")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nHey you, over there! Please come here for a moment, I could need your help! ...")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "My brother Nelrah and myself fled from the south, when the plague began to spread. At first, it was save in Mytargas; you know, this city was once a fortress. But then, those mutated beings arised.", 8)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "As if the plague wouldn't be enough, now also those Gnoll tribes of the southern forests have settled here. As you can see, we are pretty much surrounded; that's why we built those barricades.", 20)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "My brother went out at night to cut wood for the walls, but he did not came back this morning - and the city guards of Mytargas didn't do anything to help. Please, you need to find him! He's still out there with those Gnolls around!", 30)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nSo ... he is dead, for sure ... I ... I don't know what to say.")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "If only I could hate those Gnolls for what they did to my brother ... But ... they are just trying to survive somehow - vagabonds, like us, robbed of their homeland.", 10)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nI ... just wanted to thank you again. I feel slightly better now. The work is quite a distraction ...")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffcccc00*You see the body of an orc worker lying in a puddle of blood - there is no doubt that this is Nelrah*|r")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nYou, over there! Are you the ones that Colonel Brightblade was talking of? We can not lose time, so hurry up and come here!")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Those mutated beings are gathering in the port district for another strike against this town. Our scouts discovered a large force behind those bridges.", 10)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "We must stop them at all cost! Sergeant Gaspode, from the city guard and his best men are currently facing this overwhelming force, but they can not hold them off much longer.", 20)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Without your help, they will not survive this night! Do not allow them to take this bridgehead ... and that is an order! Good luck, soldiers! Dismissed.", 30)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nWe are deeply in your dept, mercenary. This is a huge setback to them and I am sure it will take some time for them to reorganize.")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "If we ever get the chance to go into the offensive, then this chance is now. But ... I am asking too much. Take your pay ... If only I could give you more than that.", 10)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nNow is the time to repel ... Get healing and supplies and show them the steel of your blade.")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nMy wife was killed by the plague when the winds had shifted one day. She was always very sick and I told her not to go out to the fields, but that one day ...")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Well ... she went out, said she couldn't take to stay inside the house anymore. And that was when the wind suddenly turned blewing from the south.", 10)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Only small amounts of spores are actually able to cross the Great River, but with her having almost no resistance to even the smallest sickness, she ... - When I found her, the crows were already there ...", 20)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "I ... I want to leave this country, but I can not go before I have found her bride ring ... - I could imagine that a crow has swallowed it accidently ... Please, you have to help me!", 30)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nYou have my thanks, stranger. ... It is just a cold comfort, but it somehow gives me the feeling that she is still around ...")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "I will pack up my belongings and leave for the north, as soon as I can. These are the keys to my house ... Take everything else I left inside and do not need for my travel as your reward.", 10)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nI am in your dept, stranger. My best wishes for your travel ...")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nAs you can see, this refugee camp is pretty much surrounded by everything ... Gnolls, Ogres ... and now even bandits.")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "We can not count on the help of the cityguard. The trouble that Mytargas is in may be much greater than ours, but still, something has to be done.", 10)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "The milita is able to deal with the Gnolls and also with the bandits, but the Ogres are organized way to good for our unexperienced men and women.", 20)
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Those Ogres have to be dealt with. We can not allow them to raid this camp once their food supplies come to an end ...", 30)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nGreat work with the Ogres. This will allow the militia to breath for the next weeks.")
                call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "Here, take this. It's one entire week of pay for all of my men. I just wish I could afford more than that.", 10)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nThanks to you, this camp hasn't been raided by those creatures yet.")

Level 13
We also seem to be missing some of the early quests, as much as I like what s0ul did with them, there's still too much variation in the use of language. exchanging you with yew isn't enough ):

Can we grab the general talk text too please zwieb
Its included in the post. The text lines that are seperated from the text blocks are usually the general talk phrases, either before a quest is available, or after a quest was completed (or simply when there is no quest to select on this specific npc).

The texts I left out are usually dialogues that don't really need a makeover because they are well-written.

Level 13
Got that, however we're missing a few, such as 'willy winka' and the huntsman, of what I've seen so far.

Got that, however we're missing a few, such as 'willy winka' and the huntsman, of what I've seen so far.
As I said, I didn't copy all of the texts. The dialogues for the huntsman or willy are pretty good from my perspective.

I only copied the un-corrected dialogues and those that need to be redone because of cheese-ness.

Level 13
As I said, I didn't copy all of the texts. The dialogues for the huntsman or willy are pretty good from my perspective.

I only copied the un-corrected dialogues and those that need to be redone because of cheese-ness.

They need a bit of tweaking, they are good though. Suppose it comes down to your decision on them though.

A quick question, is there any kind of persona you'd aim for in characters, such as the elves or trolls.

Level 5
All you need to do is add a Hastune Miku + Megurine Luka as NPCs and game's good enuf. I'll translate then into Jap for you.

But srsly, the only dialogues, you need to trim are those?

I'd like to keep the spirit of warcraft in terms of races. Orcs are actually an intelligent species and trolls are somewhat hippie-styled.
Elves pretty much talk like humans, as elves are a very common species in Ankhmaron.
Dwarves can have a little more "down to earth" way of talking, if you know what I mean ;)

I will post the dialogues I left out as soon as this stuff is done and I got a pleasing result.

Level 13
------------------------------------
Crab quest

Such swift return! I take it you have results?

Wonderful! Perhaps now he'll stop vomitting up the small birds I've been attempting to feed him. Thank you
friend, please, take these coins. It's not much but it should get you a warm meal.

Welcome to Riversdale adventurer, I am Elena, a guard of this fine town. May I ask a favour of you? My furry
friend here has quite the taste for fresh crab meat.
If you head to the beach north west of here, you will find a large crab he's been after for weeks. If you could
slay it and bring me the flesh I would be ever grateful.

Now that really tastes good, doesn't it, little one?

On a side note, please change both the quest text and the quest item to 'crab flesh', as lobsters and crabs are two very different things.

Casimir Quest - lighthouse keeper, I'm guessing you like the rest of the text as it stands

A new face! Hello there young traveller, I am Rolfen, I keep the lighthouse here. It's a lonely life, but it's mine.

My son, Casimir, lives in the village of Riversdale to the east of here. He works at the blacksmiths and
usually... usually he brings me food from the merchant there, but I haven't seen him in over two weeks! I fear
for his health.

Please, traveller, do an old man a favour. Have the merchant send me some food, I am becoming too weak to work
my post. Whilst you are there please ask after Casimir, surely someone will know where he is...

Last edited:
Level 13
I've forgotten how to do proper spoilers, goddamnit. I'll do some more a bit later, just want to know if that's the kind of stuff you'd like. Not everyone is going to speak like that I just thought those two characters could have a bit of depth to them ^_^

Level 8
My goodman dost thy presence offend thee or hath something happened in thy life, But may i add thou art spectacular this fine Morrow.

Do = Dost
You are = Thou art
Your = Thy
You = Ye/Thee
Where = Whither
There = Thither
Here = Hither
Will = Wilt
Later = Anon
Perhaps = Perchace
Maybe = Mayhap or Belike
You say = Say you
Alright = Splendid
Has = Hath
Morning = Morrow
Day = Den
Bud = Sirrah
Gentlemen = Good Gentles
Beautiful = Beauteous
Yes = Yea or Aye
No = Nay
Why = Wherefore
Ask you = Bid you
Please = Prithee or pray
Thank you = Grammarcy
I think = Methinks
Swear = Troth
Truly = Verley

Level 13
We really don't need to rock out that hard. Please, keep away from that kind of shit or gaias is going to look awful, just, awful.

Level 10
We also seem to be missing some of the early quests, as much as I like what s0ul did with them, there's still too much variation in the use of language. exchanging you with yew isn't enough ):

I never did the dialogs for old quest just tooltips on items

EDIT: On a side note I think your quest rewrites are very good and I like your list of phrases water

Level 13

EDIT: On a side note I think your quest rewrites are very good and I like your list of phrases water

AND YOU FUCKED THAT UP TOO, IN'INT

oh fuck that quest stuff was landerz

aw

i miss him

Level 8

Why thank you at least someone is happy with the effort i went threw. I had to opened up all my medieval books to find that.

Also i would go through and make some but it seems Vestra would be but hurt if i did all the stuff on my list D:.

Level 13
lolol the phrases are great, don't get me wrong water, I just don't think they're suited to gaias.

But by all means, give it a go, re write a few. Ill be doing them all but I doubt Zwieb will take ALL of my rewrites on board.

I'll be butt hurt if you slather it in medieval lingo though, verley.

Level 9
I kinda have to agree with vestra, maybe for certain npcs, like ones that regard themselves of a higher class, or change some, but not because ffs, that'd make it really unreadable, I mean a lot of people have a hard enough time following the quest as is, so change some, I don't wanna be stuck reading Shakesphere when I play =/

Level 13
Sorry man I've been busy with coursework, I'll get on to some tonight, I should have an opportunity.

Level 13
Just wanted to note that this part of converstion after accepting the quest from Lieutenant Magast does not actually happen:

---------

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nYou need to hurry! Mytargas is in the south west. Just follow the trade route and you will get right there.")

---------

I'm fairly sure that's meant for him? When talking to him after accepting the quest he just repeats his normal introduction talk.

Edit: Oh, that's the post quest text. Any way to change that? Kind of seems pointless for him to give directions after you've turned the quest in. It seems most people have post quest text that becomes irrelevant rather quickly

Level 13
Couple of updates

Qwerty Quest:

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\CITIZENS OF RIVERSDALE, HEED THE CALL TO ARMS, DEFEND YOUR COUNTRY! HOLD THE FRONT AGAINST THIS EVIL!")
call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, "You there! Traveller! This land is in need of your aid. You look sturdy enough to hold your own on the field of battle, please, listen for a moment.", 9)
call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, " I'll get right to the point, our land is dying. A plague crawls its way from the south and is stripping the land of life. These toxic spores have tainted my beautiful homeland of Anhkmaron. If we fail to hold the front, the north will soon fall victim as well.", 18)
call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, " News from the south is slim to none, what details I have I cannot tell you, but I ask of you, make your way south-east to the capital of these fine lands; Mytargas. The kingdom is under siege by our own men and women, now twisted into deathly creatures by the very air itself.", 30)
call TransmissionTimer(PID, seller, " Report to Sergeant Qwerty within the gates of Myatrgas. Head down through the Fjords and follow the Trade Route east to our great city. The Colonel will provide you with the information you need to assist us.", 40)

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nYou need to hurry! Mytargas is in the south west. Just follow the trade route to the city gates and speak with Sergeant Qwerty.")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\Qwerty sent you? Good man that one, hope he’s keeping off the drink. Speak with Colonel Brightblade, soldier. He likes to get an idea of those who come to serve")

call DisplayTextToPlayer(P, 0, 0.1, "|cffffcc00"+GetUnitName(seller)+":|r\n\nWhat are you talking to me for?! Speak with the Colonel, recruit!")

Colonel Brightblade:

Well met recruit. I am Colonel Brightblade, head of the Mytargas Guard, the final defense of this once beautiful city. Her walls stand strong, but it is from within that we suffer. Our own have turned and despite countless efforts, the chantry and mages have come to their conclussion.

There is nothing that can be done save the our fallen now. Those who survived the spores have rotted away into bloodthirsty ghouls that seethe with a bitter taste for destruction. Our dead, rise and aid them in their conquest against those they once loved. We can offer them but this; a swift, clean death.

Not all is ill though. Fresh candidates like yourself can see that only the strong or avaricious remain. The cowards fled with the first sign of corruption. Those who took to the seas died quickly as the plague overthrew them. Although we are trapped, we stand tall with some of our finest.

We may be a shattered memory of our once intimidating regiment, but we are strong. Our men fight tooth and nail on those docks each day to keep their brothers and sisters from tearing down our walls.

I stand here, a son of this city, widowed, stricken with the loss of many a brother in arms, yet like these men I would sooner die than give up this sword.

There is no doubt that you have the strength to stand against the oncoming advances recruit, however, I must insist on further training. Those that can will provide you with the skills you might need to further our defenses against the onslaught.

You let your weapon do the talking eh? A man of you skills should speak to Lord Thuron, he'll likely be rallying the guard in the center square. A short tempered man, but a fine teacher on the art of warfare.

A cleric you say? Please, we need all the help we can get, our men grow weary on the frontlines. Speak with Christopher. His chantry has taken shelter with the mages of the noble district. He will lend his hand in tutoring.

An arcane wanderer, surely your skills could come of use to our mages. You will find the guild in the noble district, west of here. The Arch Chancellor shall assist in your journey.

Nature seems to take a liking to you ranger. Perhaps Gaias herself has chosen you as it's saviour. The Arch Druid Shindras has has found sanctuary in the clearing east of here. Perhaps he can share the pains of the earth with you.

Listen here mercenary, we may not be in the position where we can turn down help but if I find your kind causing trouble I'll personally make my way down to the slums and tear out the throat of whoevers in charge down there.

Report to Finley recruit, the Port defense needs your aid.

Last edited:
Level 13
I'll edit that post a bit later as I'm going out, hard work this rewriting. I'm doing my best to work with what little I know about the characters. The goal there was to make the colonel look strong, not desperate.

Feedback would be appreciated Zwieb, as I'll tackle whatever issues you have.

Nice read! Keep it going, this gonna be good!

Can you please keep all functional "stuff" around the speeches? That would help save time alot, as it makes copy & pasting easier for me. ;)
You can btw edit the number behind the spoken lines, which is the time in seconds after starting the dialogue, in which the text message pops up.
If your new dialogue is longer, you'd probably want to increase the time between the popups to make it easier to read.

Level 13
Oh yeah I will indeed, I'm purely separating them here for the sake of reading. Truth be told I thought I'd leave editing times to you but I'll give it a go.

Would there be any way to put in that thing where you press the space bar to see the next message?

Oh yeah I will indeed, I'm purely separating them here for the sake of reading. Truth be told I thought I'd leave editing times to you but I'll give it a go.

Would there be any way to put in that thing where you press the space bar to see the next message?
This would make things unneccesarily complicated. If you don't want to read, you can always skip everything with esc.

Level 13
Well yeah but that's what I always disliked, some things stay up for too long, some for too little. Then you have people with different reading speeds, especially those to which English is a second language so they might want a little longer to read it. By all means allow people to skip everything but if they DO want to read, having them do it at their own pace would be nice.

Well yeah but that's what I always disliked, some things stay up for too long, some for too little. Then you have people with different reading speeds, especially those to which English is a second language so they might want a little longer to read it. By all means allow people to skip everything but if they DO want to read, having them do it at their own pace would be nice.
The thing is, it's counter-intuitive. And we would have a lot of people asking "how can I make the text disappear?" or "how can I get to the next message"?
Also, spacebar events can not be tracked properly and the snippet someone made for it does not work very well on multiplayer and wouldn't work in 3d cam modes.
I could possibly make it so that esc skips the messages one by one instead of jumping to the last message. But you should fear the flaming of people that do not want to spam esc on longer dialogues ;)

Level 13
The thing is, it's counter-intuitive. And we would have a lot of people asking "how can I make the text disappear?" or "how can I get to the next message"?
Also, spacebar events can not be tracked properly and the snippet someone made for it does not work very well on multiplayer and wouldn't work in 3d cam modes.
I could possibly make it so that esc skips the messages one by one instead of jumping to the last message. But you should fear the flaming of people that do not want to spam esc on longer dialogues ;)

Well I'm hoping we won't see massive dialogues with a single character, unless it's heavily lore related and is optional. A large dialogue could be a quest in itself, teaching and whatnot.

I'd imagine, again, that people should be able to read what is written under F9. Peoples stupidity is not an excuse. A lack of understanding for a language is fair enough. 's up to you Zwieb.

".. you look sturdy enough.."
Some things leave scars on your psyche.

They do indeed, but there is very little to each characters backstory so I built that line around the basic appeal of the character, they look as though they can hold their own in combat without faltering to fear. For any psychological damage, that would go more into backstory and I'm fairly sure we have nothing that shows any damage currently on our heroes minds now do we.

Level 5
I was simply referring to your usage of the word 'sturdy', as in sturdy halbred.
Nice job btw your lines got good tones, thanks for the time.

Level 13
Ah, cheers Kyuzo, feedback appreciated. Hopefully I'll have some more time to work on this later this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.