• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
are you not also a fanatic?
abiding and enforcing sites rules, sir Map Reviewer?
Not when it goes beyond reason.

EdXVpxwQ2bo.jpg

Level 9
alrdy working and present play custom offline, your imediently requested to install/run bonjour, blizzards lan system

buzz off, i dont want direct attacks or harrasment

are you not also a fanatic?
abiding and enforcing sites rules, sir Map Reviewer?
Plz do one thing. Type: "Free Hong Kong"

Level 6
Only the real w3 community was raging at the very release.
any one refusing to play reforged (with out a classic key), download reforge, or want to refund reforge(and not have a classic key), is no longer part of the real community

Not when it goes beyond reason.
site rules are above reason
especially this

10. Global Laws
- Any discussions about illegal activities/products is prohibited. This includes piracy and drugs.

"any", reason doesnt get to evade "any"

Level 9
any one refusing to play reforged (with out a classic key), download reforge, or want to refund reforge(and not have a classic key), is no longer part of the real community

site rules are above reason
especially this

10. Global Laws
- Any discussions about illegal activities/products is prohibited. This includes piracy and drugs.

"any", reason doesnt get to evade "any"
Please just prove that you don't work for Blizz by typing: "Free Hong Kong"
That's it.

Level 6
Plz do one thing. Type: "Free Hong Kong"
i havent gotten to look into the matter, no one in my circles has brought it up, i think it has something to do with the diablo mobile, which is a blizzard game i dont care for in the slightest

unless its gone completly over my head and your talking about how china wants to "eat" hong kong, for the 3rd time, and a "resolve at future date" paper got signed 2x now

also your a bit to much of a troll on this thread
Request Denied

Level 16

Wait, what the fuck? Panda what the fuck, man?
That's some typical extremist thinking right there. Ultimatums. I am part of the community, just by deciding not to fucking upgrade to Refunded doesn't automatically erase a decade plus of playing war3. Honestly you went from being optimistic to being hostile, that's a sign that you're doing this for your ego more than for the benefit of everyone. What's your aim? me vs the world?. Fine, you got it. You proved you have an idea, that is contrary to everyone. We are against Blizzard on this one, not you. So even if you don't see it right now, in the long run you will benefit from our fight as well.
Edit: Being optimistic however unrealistic and naive it sounded, was kind of cute. But this bullshit of defend blizzard to death? Fuck that man. That ship has sailed.

As @deepstrasz mentioned not too long ago, Stockholm Syndrome. Take a read into it, if it's unfamiliar as a term. It's a very important history lesson.

Level 6
just by deciding not to fucking upgrade to Refunded doesn't automatically erase a decade plus of playing war3
you dont need to buy reforged, just update the game and run classic mode, come and play games with us and have fun, custom games are filled with old favorites

or if your a dev of any kind come in discord and discuss all the great things we can build with the new editor many, many projects are in the works

still optimistic blizzard will fix things, blizzard has had this trend for a while now, hasnt gotten worse, hasnt gotten better

we the community where its flowing blood when wc3 was thought to die out, now we the community will flow and the body of wc3 will be reforged anew

Level 27
Please, can someone explain me, about which ,,community" are we talking here? Hive or global one?

Talking about that, how are the Russian community and the Chinese. Apart of XGM who was even doing some logo changing and publishing notices, the other repositories were silent about Reforge, and the Chinese, from the Goblin site, they are doing their own reforged with models ripped from WoW xD.

Level 13
as we leave the game to new age players who somehow like Reforged, despite it being a trainwreck.
Sadly, we're all pretty certain that's not gonna happen. Reforged is not gonna bring in new players, imo it was never even meant to do that. It was probably meant to chash in on nostalgia and bring old fans back. But by now it's obviouse that it's a failure. Once the current players leave the game is pretty much done for.

Sadly, Reforged might have actually excelerated the process of this great game dying!

Level 16
Welp, now they gotta work extra hard on Diablo 4 or their company is history.
What makes you think Diablo players will want to buy that game after the huge let down? You think they've forgotten? Besides, it's not going to be any close to epic, judging by their steps so far with new releases.

And they can forget about their usual customers who buy games just for support and minor enjoyment. For example I bought all ScII expansions, only for the campaigns and to support blizzard. I was never a fan of SC universe.
And now they lost me as a customer. I imagine a lot of people feel the same.

Level 5
This is a long post

This is my first post on Hiveworkshop, so I hope you won't stone me.:xxd: Yes, you can see, today I registered my account on this website, despite playing WC3 since 2006, which is four years since Reign of Chaos release. As you all know, Reign of Chaos was released in 2002. Basically I might consider myself veteran in this game, and I think I should say my opinions about WC3:R.

When it comes to WC3:R here are my opinions:
1. Graphics are beautiful, I don't have any complains
2. new models are beautiful. Most of them are better looking than classic old models. Again no issue.
3. Terrain could be better, but it's still good
4. Low FPS occured only in missions like: eternity's end, symphony of frost and flame.
5. bugs and glitches exist, but they can be fixed with few patches.
6. So far experienced only one crash
7. No custom campaign feature is the most saddest thing :sad:
8. I don't know, how it is with multiplayer, because I don't play it, but I know ladders are missing
9. No new cutscenes

Basically, The biggest issues for me are points 4,5,6 and 7. I know, that many players are experiancing worse FPS perfomance than me, more crashes etc. But let me tell you this. I'm probably more optimistic, than many other people and I believe Blizz'll release patches and fixe those issues. I believe, after few updates we'll have custom campaign feature back, and we can play custom campaigns again. Yes, we have bugs, glitches, crashes, but as I said, they can be fixed, and I believe they'll be.

When it comes to new cutscenes, let me tell you this. I know a lot of people are upset, because no new cutscenes, but let's be real. Do we need them? Can't we live without them? For me, the selling point weren't cutscenes, but rather models and graphics and they delivered this. And be honest, I prefer old style cutscenes.

Custom campaign feature is unfortunately missing, but I hope Blizzard will fix it, and feature will be back. And I hope complains will then dissapear from Hiveworkshop. Because I saw a lot of complains on Hiveworkshop about this feature missing. Unfortunately, complains won't disappear from websites like Reddit, youtube, official blizz forum, because a lot of complains, what I saw were about missing cutscenes, and I doubt Blizz'll add them.

And last thing. I'm happy, after so many years of playing WC3, I finally registered on Hiveworkshop, I hope discussion with you guys'll be civilised and fun. :wink:

I know, this post is too long, so I will end it right here. :xxd:

Level 34
Wait, what the fuck? Panda what the fuck, man?
That's some typical extremist thinking right there. Ultimatums. I am part of the community, just by deciding not to fucking upgrade to Refunded doesn't automatically erase a decade plus of playing war3. Honestly you went from being optimistic to being hostile, that's a sign that you're doing this for your ego more than for the benefit of everyone. What's your aim? me vs the world?. Fine, you got it. You proved you have an idea, that is contrary to everyone. We are against Blizzard on this one, not you. So even if you don't see it right now, in the long run you will benefit from our fight as well.
Brainwashed people! Thinking what corporation wants them to think.
You see how is this bad?
Religion, fascism, communism, fanaticism, capitalism, corporatism... Very bad.
Previous ones I can understand. back then people did not have that much informations to counter against, so they could fell as easy prey to those. But corporatism I can never understand! 21 century, 2020. year, age of informations when people can search for themselves and they still managed to get brainwashed! By coporations, whose are one of main cancers to this world!
Can you imagine me for moment. I am billionaire, do various craps to get even more rich and you are fanatic for me! You are not paid nothing, get nothing, but simple, decide to waste your time defending me while I get more and more rich. This is what I cannot never understand. I understand ideologies, some get paid for this, personnel interests etc etc... But I cannot understand Blizzard fanatic, what possibly he can get or have from Blizzard?

I wonder whose fault that is?
Activison-Blizzard of course. Not my grandmother's fault definitively.

Wow. I am so amazed. I hope this 'remake' rot for all the chaos it caused. This kind of statement can burn inside the oblivion, really.

I refuse to purchase and download reforged, and I will only play classic of the old day with my old keys from my old purchase. I also have told my friends to NOT BUY REFOR- wait, that's not right, REFUNDED. Nope, I am not supporting Refunded and will never be till they fix their games. Better keep my friends' money out of it as well.

If you really want to say those with the classic key is actually part of the community, and I take that from your parenthesis, then THE CLASSIC COMMUNITY IS REJECTING THIS ABOMINATION CALLED REFORGED FOR DOOMING THE CLASSIC WITH UNNECESSARY 20GB FILES, BREAKING LIKE HALF OF THE EXISTING FEATURES IN THE PREVIOUS PATCH AND HOW THEY JUST ACT LIKE 'EVERYTHING IS OKAY' WHILE DOING THIS.

its now officially the worst rated game on metacritic history

at least we can now say the game has earn something of worth
It feels like 'congrats, you are now the evilest villain in history'. Sad Pikachu face.

---

My personal take on Reforged initial release (ugh, leaves a foul taste): Design Patterns and Refactoring

EDIT:
For those who can't catch the point from this:
Demonstration systems are important sales tools, as they are often interpreted by end users as representional of production-quality capabilities. A management team, eager for new business, sometimes (inadvertently) encourage these misperceptions and makes commitments beyond the capabilities of the organization to deliver operational technology.

This puts developers in a tough situation because they are then pressured to deliver the capabilities promised.

The ultimate loser is the end user, who does not receive the expected capability at the promised cost and time; or when the system is delivered, the end user often receives a hastily crafted Stovepipe System that resembles the demonstration environment, but lacks maintainability.

So, screwed marketing leads to a junkyard game.

Last edited:
Level 6
I am not supporting Refunded and will never be till they fix their games.
i fully support this statement, i only hope you wont hold reforge also in account for any other blizzard games

If you really want to say those with the classic key is actually part of the community, and I take that from your parenthesis, then THE CLASSIC COMMUNITY IS REJECTING THIS ABOMINATION CALLED REFORGED FOR DOOMING THE CLASSIC WITH UNNECESSARY 20GB FILES, BREAKING LIKE HALF OF THE EXISTING FEATURES IN THE PREVIOUS PATCH AND HOW THEY JUST ACT LIKE 'EVERYTHING IS OKAY' WHILE DOING THIS.

the community is moving on with reforged, you/others can join us or not thats your choice, given the statement above i fully support i doubt you will be with us at this time for however long, i just hope you do actually return if the day ever comes where reforged works just fine and all our quarrels of missing features are answered

as for the "everything is OK" remark every one likes to toss around, blizzard has not spoken anything on the matter, best the community can do is press on till tuesday, if nothing comes out from blizzard in a acceptable amount of plan/action on tuesday, then the heads will role

Level 34
Community is not moving anywhere. This one stays here. Reforged one will not exist most likely. For community to exist game must be popular, moddable, to have maps, skins, icons (aka resources) and tools.

Oh wait.... 0.5/10 HAHAHAHAHHA!
Worst rated game in history... to have community hahahaha what joke of year!
Whole community of Reforged can collect in one bus :cgrin:

@knight26 DAMN YOU! You wont join community of failed game!
Daffa The Mage, you too! Guys why nobody wants to join failed game?

Want to talk about EULA? I'm sure that's one big talk with confusion in the thin lines.

It's just Daffa now. Can the formalities :p

Woah. I hope you get a Phd from a study of this case. At least you got that going for you.
Still bachelor, 4th year.

as for the "everything is OK" remark every one likes to toss around, blizzard has not spoken anything on the matter, best the community can do is press on till tuesday, if nothing comes out from blizzard in a acceptable amount of plan/action on tuesday, then the heads will role
I think an unofficial mark was there, but that's it. All we can do is wait, hope, and believe

Level 34
That's alright Haosis, we'll survive, like we have until now.
We survived for this long! Remember back in old days, many tried to bury us, but we still outlived them.
I remember some of elitists back then from Wc3C creating shit here pretending to be ,,superior" ,,more elite" ,,smarter, better" than us. And here were few attempts too in past from various to ,,mass convert". Look where they are now and where we stand. We still exist. Better and better.
But those Blizzard fanatics are just one of best. Giving us ultimatum ,,Go with us or not but we are moving" and we are like ,,go move, we do not care"

Level 4
I'm not doubting but I think there's little to no chance that crackers can crack this game, I mean even SC Remastered and Diablo 3 were never cracked, and the fact that keeping your game connected online is part of the Reforged now makes it work like the rest of the Blizzard games (well you can still play offline with a click of a button but the game will still be forcing you to use internet from time to time now to check if you're actually playing a legitimate game), not to mention Blizzard's DRM is actually one of the best DRM out there (it beats the popular Denuvo), which is why Blizzard is confident with their game releases with little to no worries about their games getting cracked.

This, to me, is the most unforgivable part. Does the new EULA say it's a "subscription" and retroactively strip ownership of the copy of the game that I bought at full price back in the day (what was it, $100-110 total?)

I hated Blizzard for forcing this scummy DRM on us with Starcraft II, I clearly remember an account from a serviceman who installed a copy of Starcraft II to play it offline, only to be locked out when it demanded an internet connection again.

Now, they defile the game I've loved for over 17 years with this garbage?

If Blizzard had just vanished off the face of the earth after releasing an offline installer for a final, stable patch, that would have let it go with dignity, and we could keep it alive through emulated servers the likes of which already exist. But this means the newer versions are held hostage in perpetuity. If Blizzard dies, and the DRM is neither cracked or removed, the newer versions of the game are dead and any maps using newer features will be unplayable on legacy versions. Heck, there are already many new features that are only playable on patches with major issues like 1.31.

I didn't care about Reforged. I was hopeful for the new scripting options. I was naive that they wouldn't pull something like this. "SoFtWaRe As A sErViCe"

If I understand correctly, running Reforged deletes all your profile data and saved games. If that's correct, won't it ruin your attempts to play custom campaigns even if it's in a separate install, so long as your older install uses the Documents folder for saved games?

Some of the posts on the battle.net forums are heartbreaking, this patch deletes your friends list and he was afraid he wouldn't be able to find them again. I can still contact my friends, but I'm still afraid for the future of this game.

I've been playing Warcraft III custom games with my friends from Campaign Creations for the past 14 years. Some of them lost interest in Warcraft III over time, but we regularly get 5-6 people. But I can't bring myself to install this, at least not now.

This was never part of the deal. Remove the online DRM, make the Reforged client separate or scrap it altogether.

Give me back the game I paid for.

On silence from Blizzard reps: this is such a debacle that they have to wait for the higher-ups to make a decision. Saying anything that might contradict them is strictly not allowed.

Edit: Also beware the "door in the face" negotiation method, where the first offer is so utterly terrible that any further offers seem reasonable by comparison. They will probably offer to "fix issues" while leaving most of the problems in place. Sadly, companies are like Gollum for DRM and I don't see them easily giving that up.

Last edited:
Level 34
It's just Daffa now. Can the formalities
But whole name sounds more badass :cgrin:
And can be spelt three lines plus smiley as forth!

Oh @Power107 @knight26 let me tell you how their ,,community" works:
Me: Hello. I have issues with game. This.....
GameMaster: Hello. Unfortunately we do not know this. Please check out our forums for more help. I hope you will have nice day
Me: ,,Okay. What about this.....?"
GameMaster: ,,Good day. GameMaster here. Unfortunately we do not have informations about this. Here are our forums, please check it there. Have a nice day.
Me: ,,Hey, I have another question. What about this?"
GameMaster: ,,This already exhausted GameMasters. We are unable to help you this time. Our forums are place for such questions. have a nice day. Ticket marked as Resolved."

So, I am forced to go to forums. I got there and after some time I get banned. For breaking code of conduct. of course after I write that game is not working well, after criticized black screens, disconnects and all of that. They find reason and use it to silence you. FOR FORUMS WHERE I WAS FORCED TO GO THANKS TO INCAPABLE GAME MASTERS. I was fooled to go there and write. I did not want to. I am customer, I had issue and wanted to get informations from technical support. But I got Game Masters CONSTANTLY sending me to forums.
And guess what! It is place where is their COMMUNITY! And how many people are artificially dragged and fooled to be into their forums? They artificially increase numbers to look like their community is big.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Blizzard/LemonSky has a very weird/skewed up priorities of unique campaign models

we have Searinox
we have Tharifas
we have Blood Wizard
we have Gar'thok
we have Vol'jin
we have Nazgrel
we have Gazlowe
we have Moss Covered Granite Golem
we have Defender Golem
we have Protector Golem
we have Gnoll Warlord
we have Snarlmane

BUT

no model for Sen'jin (generic Witch Doctor)
no model for Zar'jira (generic Sea Witch)
no model for Benedict (generic Enforcer)
no model for Menag (generic Rogue Wizard)
no model for Mephistroth (shares model with Dalvengyr)
no model for Anetheron (shares model with Detehroc)

no model for High/Blood Elf Ballistae (generic Night Elf Glaive Thrower)
no model for High Elf zeppelin (generic Goblin Zeppelin)
no model for High/Blood Elf Castle/Blacksmith/Shipyard
no model for Council Mage (shares model with Hydromancer)
no model for Landazar/Fordered Aran/Conjuros Rex (generic Archmage)
  • [I feel like Fordred Aran should be renamed to Drenden as well]
no model for Neeloc Greedyfingers (generic Goblin Sapper)
no model for Anduin Lothar (generic Captain)
no model for Khadgar (generic Apprentice Wizard)

the ones in bold are more deserving of their own unique models than the non-named units abovemost

Level 8
It is such a mess, that I regained a bit of hope.
I mean it is not good for PR to have worst rated game in history... and they care only for money right? So they MUST do some dmg control and fix it right? Even EULA can be changed...
If not they will be dragged for this for at least decade...

Level 16
It is such a mess, that I regained a bit of hope.
I mean it is not good for PR to have worst rated game in history... and they care only for money right? So they MUST do some dmg control and fix it right? Even EULA can be changed...
If not they will be dragged for this for at least decade...
I think that's the only reason we're keeping it up with our dissatisfaction.
We were patient for a remake for so long, we're not willing to make peace with this piece of shit. So we fight, for a better remake, or until it's exactly how it should be for players, and not for Blizzcunt.

Level 34
So we fight
FIGHT BLASTED CORPORATION AND DO NOT STOP! They are counting for it. They hop us to stop and they will keep doing what they do pretending this never happened.

OH PEOPLE, ARCANE LEFT REFORGED TOO!
Guy whose been with us for months. He provided informations about models, maps and such on youtube.
But as vast majority he is not satisfied with Reforged.

Level 9
@knight26 No, it's not Blizzcunt cuz that is wrong. Its Blizztard. Blizztard for retards like [you know which guys defend them to death]
@MasterHaosis Their PR is terrible. They were silent for one year. Radio silent. This makes me think its so low budget that they can't even access the internet as they are using Bobby Kottick's basement.

Level 3
So, meta critics now 0.5 score users!

Edit Update: Apparently I woke up at 6 am thankfully my timezone is GMT+08:00 Philippine Standard Time and so I check up Youtube comment on first.

Edit Update II: Nevermind, some people already post it, because I had never checked at a previous post since I woke up. Can't feel Warcraft III: Reforged get 0.4 user score. (Activision) Blizzard needs redemption over what they're done to a greedy businessman (Bobby Kotick), support untouchable government (Chinese), the game is unfinishable making worst EULA got policies changed then scumming over players like milk. Their company are nothing 'history repeats itself' like 'other corporate company greed' this is my worst start of decades in the 2020s.

Attachments

• IMG_20200202_061940.jpg
    IMG_20200202_061940.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Level 5
Needless to say this is the most disappointed I've ever been by a gaming company. And it stings even more that Blizzard is the one that did this travesty, to the best game ever made. It's currently, objectively, worse than the original release.

It's hard to comprehend how can any one entity fuck up so badly. That a game that would be GOTY contender every year, is THAT messed up.

Level 6
@Tauer ignore MasterHaosis
i would only ask a troll to go through such lengths like MasterHaosis

but it seems im scary enough for the troll to warn you, i guess thats a win

Status
Not open for further replies.