• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Reforged - Artistic/Textures/UI Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I don't know if it is fan-made or official, but it is extremely faithful to the concept art, except the 3D model has not helmet.

I must say I don't like it at all. I don't like the concept art either, mind you. Huge hair (is Warcraft 3 becoming a manga or something?), huge unsightly pauldrons that are unusable in a battle (arms couldn't even move), gigantic armour that looks like a robot or a Power Ranger... That model/concept art doesn't fit the Night Elves style nor the assassin kind of look Wardens are supposed to have.

I agree with YourArthas, this doesn't look like any Blizzard game. It doesn't seem like Warcraft at least.

We'll see if it's a false alarm, but even if it is, the real model shouldn't be much different than the concept art. :/

Edit: fan art confirmed, thanks Juveqis

Level 18
I don't know if it is fan-made or official, but it is extremely faithful to the concept art, except the 3D model has not helmet.

I must say I don't like it at all. I don't like the concept art either, mind you. Huge hair (is Warcraft 3 becoming a manga or something?), huge unsightly pauldrons that are unusable in a battle (arms couldn't move), gigantic armour that looks like a robot or a Power Ranger...

I agree with YourArthas, this doesn't look like any Blizzard game. It doesn't seem like Warcraft at least.

We'll see if it's a false alarm, but even if it is, the real model shouldn't be much different than the concept art. :/

I don't like the concept art either, it's very similar to the wc3 model but the wc3 model wasn't as good as it could've be either way.

300px-Warden_artwork.jpg

This is the concept art that they should've followed.

MUCH more badass, love the way the cape can close itself entirely, much more like a "jailor", less "soft"

I must say I don't like it at all. I don't like the concept art either, mind you. Huge hair (is Warcraft 3 becoming a manga or something?), huge unsightly pauldrons that are unusable in a battle (arms couldn't move), gigantic armour that looks like a robot or a Power Ranger...

It is a false alarm but : https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset...italii-moskalets-maiev-armor-2.jpg?1552762992 check this one with helmet and cape to be honest it looks nice

Level 7
The versions of WoW and HOTS are very faithful to the original concept art and the concept art of Reforged is very close to these models, however I miss the "feathers" of the back although they are not faithful to the original concept art...

$

trsthe94l3m4142239451two4i.jpg

the-warden.jpg

genevieve-st-michel-maiev.jpg

No, she doesn't have many spears on her cape (fan of knives), it should also be able to close entirely, she doesn't seem threatening.

But she was like this in WC3 so I had to do it that way because of 'remaster' it also has the same animations so you can't close the cape while using original wc3 animations (I'm not a fan of other designs anyway)

Its a fan made ya. That guy worked for overwatch, and that explain textures alot.
Anyway its kinda same like concept of Reforged.
Click "Albedo" in options and this is how model and textures look without processing (no pbr etc), this is how it would look in classic warcraft 3 xD

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/N5E6AP

Level 2
Thanks, we already know that now, but the picture which was originally linked had no mention of its origin.
Anyway, I think that when we get real pictures of new models it will be first on Blizzard's official channels. I don't think they would let any leaks, especially in form of pictures.
I just hope we get some new info soon.

Level 8
I think the grunt shoulder armour edge should be a brighter metal color instead of black,and the shoulder armour had better to extrude metal spines,like original painting in warcraft or wow,it will look nice.Moreover,the peon’s feature is not defined,the ear has a bit small .

Attachments

• A3UETDM82G1V0032.jpg
    A3UETDM82G1V0032.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 202
  • A3UETE352G1V0032.jpg
    A3UETE352G1V0032.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 227
  • QQ图片20181105212601.png
    QQ图片20181105212601.png
    548.9 KB · Views: 201
  • QQ图片20181105212903.jpg
    QQ图片20181105212903.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 193
  • QQ图片20181105213222.jpg
    QQ图片20181105213222.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 197
Level 8
I don't like the concept art either, it's very similar to the wc3 model but the wc3 model wasn't as good as it could've be either way.

300px-Warden_artwork.jpg

This is the concept art that they should've followed.

MUCH more badass, love the way the cape can close itself entirely, much more like a "jailor", less "soft"

I agree with you,the reforged Maiev art looks quite normal,almost no difference with melee wardens,so she cannot look like a major character.

Dark metal fits better, wow orcs are so bad...
In original warcraft3 ,their shoulder armour are also not Dark metal.

most of wow orc models in the game like peons

Yep it works pretty well in WoW, the balance between cartoon and realism is quite nice (it was when I played it, mostly in vanilla and BC), except some weapons and armour parts that were weird (it was already pauldrons even then!!). It would be nice to see how WoW style would look with a RTS camera height. Would units be recognisable while having a nice style?

Agreed! The right balance must be found, between having nice details for close-up views, and having units that can be immediately recognisable at first glance. I think shiny armours don't help, even if they look nice.

Exactly. It seems like I already said that a thousand times, but I feel the same: Reforged doesn't look bad in itself, but it doesn't look like Warcraft.

Well this picture shows that normally-sized pauldrons are epic too, and how dumb oversized armour parts look (at least in my opinion)
I think the footman's shoulder armour is too high,so it looks like a bit strange

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow orcs are bad they use silver or gray color, old wc3 orcs are bad they too dont use black color of edge on armor ?
Only black armor for grunt is good, specually cause its demo model ??? REALLY ?
Are you one of the guys who always supporting whatever blizz master poo ?

Last edited:
Level 8
Why don't they copy the Footman of the intro cinematic?...
Why is the design of Reforged's sword so ugly compared to the Footman of cinematics?...
Why do the other models (Mortar Team and Spellbreaker) respect the size of the shoulder pads and the Footman don't?...
Why I want to die?

Is this shit practical?

I think the footman's shoulder armour is too high,so it looks like a bit strange,and the icon in the shield should be replaced Lordaeron symbol.The footman in HOTS Alterac Pass is wonderful,they should use the HOTS model and adjust it in Reforged,make it more exquisite.

Last edited:
Level 7
I think the footman's shoulder armour is too high,so it looks like a bit strange,and the icon in the shield should be replaced Lordaeron symbol.The footman in HOTS Alterac Pass is wonderful,they should use the HOTS model and adjust it in Reforged,make it more exquisite.

The Alterac Pass footman's model of HOTS is very good, IMO the problem is that it is too cartoon for the style of Warcraft 3 and very unrealistic Reforged.
But yes, the model is perfect: a proportioned body, a matching armor without giant shoulder pads, good animations, a lovely sword... basically a mini-Footman.
If it did not have that golden armor maybe it would remind me much more to Warcraft 3 one.

ezgif-2-f72994b68c73.gif

Here is more for curious people:

brian-cairns-asset.jpg

brian-cairns-av-04.jpg

The Alterac Pass footman's model of HOTS is very good, IMO the problem is that it is too cartoon for the style of Warcraft 3 and very unrealistic Reforged.
But yes, the model is perfect: a proportioned body, a matching armor without giant shoulder pads, good animations, a lovely sword... basically a mini-Footman.
If it did not have that golden armor maybe it would remind me much more to Warcraft 3 one.

brian-cairns-asset.jpg

brian-cairns-av-04.jpg

But erm, Reforged dont wanna go those hots proportions of footman, they clearly said that and they probably see all humans with more realistic proportions.

I would go more thin proportions for footman than old wc3 or hots have,just because i think cinematic footman is awesome and it should actually look like cinematic :D

EVERYTHING is better than that Reforged footman we saw rly...Its a total fail,need total rmk of the model from scratch i mean how the hell can you fail having 1.old wc3 concept art and model 2.cinematic 3.community models 4.reforged concept art 5.community feedback (if they keep this crap lol)

I am not a fan of realistic proportions for RTS ( i accept footman and maybe few future models) but i really wanna know how Reforged will make realistic proportions for creeps night elfs or undeads. This logic would be bully, cause i dont live with nightelfs in real life wtf

I mean you could really make footman from those images in gallery, but i am pretty much sure orapas footman is currently best hd model we have as community for fotooman...

Footman

Last edited:
Level 8

brian-cairns-asset.jpg

brian-cairns-av-04.jpg
I mean the HOTS footman armour looks good ,but they should adjust it in reforged,make it looks more exquisite and realistic

Level 8
The only person on hive that actually stated a very constructive point lately!

I would prefer golden color for armor edges, i think its innovative same way Reforged did it using black armor.
Would be also nice to see some humans having black armor too, cause you know we used on silver and gold (its boring you know)
I think we are entering in time of change and awaking of conciousness where no much space to be bored.
Golden color are more suitable to Alliance, not the Horde.The Horde armor edges are better to use silver.

Level 8
But erm, Reforged dont wanna go those hots proportions of footman, they clearly said that and they probably see all humans with more realistic proportions.

I would go more thin proportions for footman than old wc3 or hots have,just because i think cinematic footman is awesome and it should actually look like cinematic :D

EVERYTHING is better than that Reforged footman we saw rly...Its a total fail,need total rmk of the model from scratch i mean how the hell can you fail having 1.old wc3 concept art and model 2.cinematic 3.community models 4.reforged concept art 5.community feedback (if they keep this crap lol)

I am not a fan of realistic proportions for RTS ( i accept footman and maybe few future models) but i really wanna know how Reforged will make realistic proportions for creeps night elfs or undeads. This logic would be bully, cause i dont live with nightelfs in real life wtf

I mean you could really make footman from those images in gallery, but i am pretty much sure orapas footman is currently best hd model we have as community for fotooman...

Footman
Can you upload an image,I can't visit that website.

Can you upload an image,I can't visit that website.
Cant its actually a gallery, but i uploaded community hd model for you.
And please if you can try learn how to replay to multiply persons in same post.
I dont know do it to, but someone should teach you

Attachments

• 5DrDJqQ.png
    5DrDJqQ.png
    312.2 KB · Views: 294
Well we all worked in one team one way or another so call it Rebirth-Reborn-WAA does not matter

Well ya now when blizz reforging wc3 we can say HD community mods were cooperating,trading.
Ya Reborn too in some point before it died.Ressurection too before it died
Anyway at the end ,in all those mod left around 6 people , and they "united"(more likely cooperate and work together,supporting but still self-government ) like 10 months before Reforged announcement.

Rebirth,WAA,Storm is coming were the last alive mods before Reforged announcments

Level 8
Its Rebirth mod, cause Reborn died unfortunately. Its like i say Repingan (Lxxx) and Storm is coming is same mod just because its all Chinese :)
But we all know that is not same mod at all
The Arthas and Uther in Reborn is wonderful,I mean the preview picture in moddb,but it not have done.However, in Reborn early version most models were very crude.Furthermore,do you know the progress of Armies Of Azeroth which is the wc
3 HD mod based on sc2 engine?

Its Rebirth mod, cause Reborn died unfortunately. Its like i say Repingan (Lxxx) and Storm is coming is same mod just because its all Chinese :)
But we all know that is not same mod at all
You means the Return Of Storm mod which is made by a Chinese group?I consider that mod in some aspect do better than official Reforged,but the head of group is a irritable and conceit person ,he usually criticized me when I asked some questions.He have no time to do that mod in recent months,because he is in high school and preparing for Gaokao which is the examination for college entrance .

Commedia leader of Storm is Coming is nice person.He just dont allow non-blizz resources in group.

The other guy Nice World Repingan is douchbag, he sell maps without units,gameplay,no trigers at all (just environment) for 250 euros.
And i was thinking that YC (Even YI) is bad guy cause i "heard" he stands behind all repingan menagment and work.
But i was wrong,YC talked with me and he sent me something that i needed,he is ready to cooperate etc.
And Repingan is just jelious preak

The Arthas and Uther in Reborn is wonderful,I mean the preview picture in moddb,but it not have done.However, in Reborn early version most models were very crude.Furthermore,do you know the progress of Armies Of Azeroth which is the wc
3 HD mod based on sc2 engine?

Arthas and Uther are in Rebirth mod's recent version as whole Armies of Azeroth mod, Armies of Azeroth mod abbandoned wc3 in sc2 but all it's assets are available in WC3 with Rebirth mod, and probably you can find it in Return of The Storm's QQ group.

Level 8
Arthas and Uther are in Rebirth mod's recent version as whole Armies of Azeroth mod, Armies of Azeroth mod abbandoned wc3 in sc2 but all it's assets are available in WC3 with Rebirth mod, and probably you can find it in Return of The Storm's QQ group.
I’m in that qq group,but as you say,it doesn’t happened in Rebirth mod ,the Arthas and Urther in that mod is still HOTS models

Commedia leader of Storm is Coming is nice person.He just dont allow non-blizz resources in group.

The other guy Nice World Repingan is douchbag, he sell maps without units,gameplay,no trigers at all (just environment) for 250 euros.
And i was thinking that YC (Even YI) is bad guy cause i "heard" he stands behind all repingan menagment and work.
But i was wrong,YC talked with me and he sent me something that i needed,he is ready to cooperate etc.
And Repingan is just jelious preak
When I talk about the aoa mod,Commedia usually criticized at me,because he repeated the aoa mod was dead for not only one times.But I watched their Facebook,they still making the ground textures.

When I talk about the aoa mod,Commedia usually criticized at me,because he repeated the aoa mod was dead for not only one times.But I watched their Facebook,they still making the ground textures.

No they are not, they are making textures to sell to other games they have nothing to do with Warcraft, I can confirm it as a team member that the mod is dead, and I give all the information and AoA models etc to Commedia when he wants them

Level 8
No they are not, they are making textures to sell to other games they have nothing to do with Warcraft, I can confirm it as a team member that the mod is dead, and I give all the information and AoA models etc to Commedia when he wants them
Commedia don’t need those models,he said he want to make unique style,more close to the original war3 appearance.Most of aoa building models are in rebirth,but the shade in rebirth look like a bit strange.Furthermore,I think sc2 has more mature physical system and better graphics,there is also no 12 units restrict,so it can operate more smoothly.If the aoa mod has done,it will much better than other war3 hd mods

Commedia don’t need those models,he said he want to make unique style,more close to the original war3 appearance.Most of aoa building models are in rebirth,but the shade in rebirth look like a bit strange.Furthermore,I think sc2 has more mature physical system and better graphics,there is also no 12 units restrict,so it can operate more smoothly.If the aoa mod has done,it will more better than other war3 hd mods

Sadly they left it , I mean probably me and at most 10 people has got the latest sc2 maps with only 2 races of wc3

Last edited:
Level 3
Please consider to add some true Warcraft spirit

Sincerely I just hope the design and graphic style could resemble a bit more realistic, looks really great what I have been seen lately from the Warcraft 3 Reforged videos, I'm happy about it, I know Warcraft is a quite extreme fantasy game, I was born playing Warcraft, first game was Warcraft 1 and 2 when I was 6 years old, I loved the cinematics and I always was waiting for next Warcraft game would resemble such style, when Warcraft 3 was released I wasn't happy about the graphic engine..., though the game I loved it, even I still playing battlenet (actually it seems there is not a single year I'vent stoped playing Warcraft on bnet time to time...), then with World of Warcraft, I noticed what direction WoW was going to take after the expansions... well didn't liked the graphics again, too cartoonish, the undead Uncercity looked as a Halloween child party... anyway, just I hope this Warcraft 3 Reforged game could have some of "dark demi-realistic aesthetics" in some cases, also would be great to show how brutal Warcraft it might be (I mean If one could be inside the game universe), add more blood and gory things... Why I say this well there was a time Warcraft style was more quite fantasy realistic and things what were ugly(or bad) were really ugly, just an example about what I'm talking about is a game what was never released, I think that game shows excatly what was about Warcraft spirit and mysticism (sadly I think alot of that was lost with WoW when became too commercial and focused on the MMORPG aspect instead of respecting the game franchise...), well this game what I'm talking about was Warcraft Adventures: Lords of The Clans (
) I discovered that some time ago, even I played teh whole game, I was so glad I could play such game and about it exist, despite was a cartoonish game was like those "dark comics", was a true nostalgic experience, you could feel how crude everything was at Warcraft universe from the beginning, it could be so great If some of that atmospheric style could be added in some aspects of the Warcraft 3 Reforged

That is my suggestion I hope will be read :)

2 sec after my reply confirming what orapa said about development = deleted and banned xD
Why the hell they go this silent way, can they setup date for beta so we know what we wait for, this is insane.
Do screenshots little touches,anything like usless reply on patch thread of reforged forums. Bloody ANYTHING
Goodnight this Reforged is rly rly weird and it made me go crazy

Level 8
2 sec after my reply confirming what orapa said about development = deleted and banned xD
Why the hell they go this silent way, can they setup date for beta so we know what we wait for, this is insane.
Do screenshots little touches,anything like usless reply on patch thread of reforged forums. Bloody ANYTHING
LOL, WHAT THE F**k... why...

really no freedom of speech... u didnt say NOTHING offensive, against terms of forum, or anything....

BTW, so u like johnatan covers? xD

Level 14
Too much polygons, tessalations, and details to models really slow down the game or the engine itself.
Reforged must consider the massiveness of battle that will take place during gameplay.

Well, if WoW is falling down, they have an ace of merging or evacuating its assets to port to Reforged and stick with their old roots of RTS style.

Level 7

That is fucking sad...

I was getting bored this morning and I got some more icons (surely you have seen it before), so we have some entertainment while Blizzard publishes some news...

WC3RMoreIcons.png

While I looked at the gameplay I also noticed the sword models AGAIN...
Definitely, the Footman sword seems horrible to me and now that I have seen the sword of the Militia it seems infinitely better, the Knight swords are better than Footman's but they also has very weird proportions...

WC3RSwords.png

I think they should follow the style of Militia's sword.

WC3RSwords2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.