1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Artistic/Textures/UI Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Sieben, Nov 4, 2018.

1. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think what you ment is mongrel faces with islamic beards. Dont we agree :D

2. SebioL

SebioL

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think there is no appearance of Islamics in the Orcs. Despite the elongated beard and etc ... the Orcs' faces are very authentic. However, I agree that the models could have smaller beards like the edition made by kantarion. You could even make your proposals available for each Reforged model edited here for the community .. lol
    But as for humans, most were left with an Islamic appearance. The main Paladin (putzz reminds a Lebanese), Militia, some bandits, Footman without a helmet and even most Paladins.
    Less badly than some still look more like Westerners, like Uther, Arthas and the Dagren Orcslayer.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  3. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    You are banned in my eyes .

4. Herod

Herod

Resources:
    Resources:
    I loved 95% of the reforged, but why the burning archer isn´t in flames????????????? TELL ME BLIZZ

5. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    In my eyes you are banned too. End of the story

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

7. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You are 95% wrong

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

9. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    There's nothing objectively "right" or "wrong" about liking or disliking something.

If he liked 95% of Reforged then well, good for him, no reason to be a douche to someone just because he liked something that you didn't.

10. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    There is objectivity when the case is not a new game but a remaster though

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Preference might be influenced by some factors but ultimately it's a feeling, so objectivity is kind of forcefully far stretched.

12. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If we were talking about apples and oranges sure, but we are talking about buying the same kind of apple from the same seller but getting an orange instead

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not really. More like, Herod bought the orange that was shown on the stall but did not know that the juice was missing, whilst you realized the orange was not as you knew oranges before buying it. Something attracted Herod more to buy this new orange instead of the commonly known ones.

14. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, there is not.

And again (I guess I just like to repeat myself at this point), Reforged was never going to be a remaster. If it was it would've been called "Warcraft 3 Remastered". Instead it ended up being a cancelled remake, which scrapped everything apart from new graphics. And the new graphics aren't good, but to me at least it's not due to new unit models, but, well.....due to pretty much everything else. And most (if not all) of those stuff have nothing to do with LemonSky, but rather with Blizzard scrapping engine reworks and releasing modern models with a 20 year old engine.
    And that's another sad thing. I mean Blizzard games have among the (if not the) best graphics in the world. I mean look at Starcraft II. It's breath taking, even today (and by today's standards) when the game is more or less dead. And not to mention OW. It's like you're in the middle of a f**king Pixar. Of course you can't compare Reforged with their main game(kid friendly FPSs just work nowadays), but still.....

15. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thing is Reforged is not living up to Blizzard's graphics standards which I agree that are the best in the world be it WoW,Sc2, Hots and OW yet Reforged looks nothing like it when all other titles are living in an harmony so much that you can basically add one games model into another and it just fits right in. Reforged on the other hand looks like some alien game that does not belong to Blizzard or Warcraft title. Also game was never ment to be a remaster they made it clear in Blizzcon 2018 that it will be using the same engine just updated to Bnet 2.0, the reason why they were calling it more than a remaster was retcons the campaign will get. To be a 'failed remake' you first need it announced being on a new engine so no backwards compatibility so goodbye to all the database wc3 has 17 years, they did not do it and announced that they'll not do it in day one (which ofcourse is the right desicion even though the real outcome is bad for original game right now, it was the right move to make)

16. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    There's no difference between new games and remasters in this regard - it's still a subjective matter whether you like the new version or not.

Look at it this way - let's say you love a certain type of pizza, but one day the pizza place that you used to get it at decides to change the recipe of its tomato sauce that's present on all of their pizzas, including the one you liked. Technically it's still the same pizza and... what? Just because you don't like it with the new sauce, someone else isn't allowed to still enjoy it? Or maybe even like it more with the new sauce? Come on, we all know that's not true.

17. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    We are talking about a remaster, it is not about changing the tomato sauce it is about saying the pizza has got pepperoni but the thing that is being served is 'pepperoni shaped' pineapple

18. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    So... what? Perhaps someone likes pepperoni shaped pineapples?

Again, I'm not arguing either against or for the new artstyle. All I'm saying is that we should not dictate what other people are allowed to like.

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    *graphics remake

20. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Does it make it a pepperoni pizza ? Nope so it is objectively wrong, if you were paying for 'a new pizza that Blizzard will come out with' it would be subjective but this is 'pepperoni pizza remastered' missing it's pepperoni