• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beta Patch 1.32.0.5 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there is no thread for Beta Patch 1.32.0.5, I decided to create one.

Tested Temple of the Old Gods v11.

Good
  • Menus are working now better

Terrain Comparison

In Patch 1.32.0.5, terrain textures still look the same, but there is better lighting/shadows now (lighting setting on Medium, shadows on Low). Skull Braziers also look better.

terrain-comparison.jpg

BAD. Mushrooms are still missing texture in-game. It appears in editor, though.

WC3ScrnShot_011020_175715_001.png

GOOD. Emerald Thrones now face the right direction.

Previously they faced wrong directions. So, now Blizzard has put some effort to make doodads face their original (SD) direction.

WC3ScrnShot_011020_181704_001.png

BAD. Sunken Ruins dirt is still missing runic signs.

Are they gonna add terrain variations at all? What is the reason they are missing?

WC3ScrnShot_011020_182549_001.png

BAD. Preview Screen is still not working.

They are not using war3mapPreview.tga anymore. I could not find any updated system either to show the custom preview screen. Maybe they could add a tool in the options to upload your own image. And surely, they should look for war3mapPreview.tga for compatibility reasons.

WC3ScrnShot_011120_183151_001.png

Last edited:
Level 20
Read that the Chaos Space Orc model was completely removed from the game-- not just the HD model being the Terran Marine, the SD model is also a Terran Marine. Sure enough, it's true-- the flamethrower Orc is gone.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
They are not using war3mapPreview.tga anymore. I could not find any updated system either to show the custom preview screen. Maybe they could add a tool in the options to upload your own image. And surely, they should look for war3mapPreview.tga for compatibility reasons.
Maybe it wants .dds now as suggested by @Dr Super Good on some thread?

Terrain Comparison 2 SD (Actual WC3 TFT) vs HD (Reforged Beta 1.32.0.5)

Here's also a comparison of SD graphics and Reforged HD graphics.

terrain-comparison-2.jpg

I think we can say that SD terrain looks better than HD. Some obvious problems:
  • Terrain Tiles are too small compared to SD
  • There are not enough big variations, like green grassy areas or big white tiles in the tiles
  • Terrain Tiles are also 45 degrees in a wrong direction; they do not blend with the edges of the cliffs.
  • Stone pillars in the background, which are done with the Terrain Cliff Raise Tool (Raise 2 Cliff Levels), are facing 45 degrees wrong direction.
    :peasant-confused:
  • Altar is too small and not of the Sunken Ruins style.
  • Faceless Ones are too small.
  • Lighting is less vibrant in Reforged.
It is hard to say that Reforged is a graphical upgrade. Surely, if you look at some models in close, it seems much better, but something should be done with the terrain texture, since it is in a big part in the whole graphical outlook.

Last edited:

~El

Level 17
It's surprising how little effort went into ensuring that HD content matched with SD content in terms of dimensions, style and overall look, considering that a huge selling point of Reforged (at least, from my impression) was that Reforged would work nicely with old maps. It's unfortunate that this is not the case.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
I ask for any noticed changes and here's what I pooled from the official forums:
  • all archers now have a "better slouch"
  • hippogryph now has better colors
  • new Firelord skin
  • new Marketplace variant
  • some better particles and animations they didn't bother to specify
  • the Orc Warlord's model completely removed and made similar to Slave Master (though they have different animations)
  • Doom Guard and Doom Guard Summon have better textures and changed skeletons
  • Phoenix now has better particles and VFX
  • Hydralisk now closes its flaps when not attacking
I've also heard that the red succubus has been recolored to purple? anyone confirm?

Last edited:
Level 2
Read that the Chaos Space Orc model was completely removed from the game-- not just the HD model being the Terran Marine, the SD model is also a Terran Marine. Sure enough, it's true-- the flamethrower Orc is gone.

This is correct, and I'm worried AF, because the changes to model name suggest it might be intended (for the love of thrall, hope not). Just created another post on Blizz forum, somehow missed the "Bug Report" section last time I was there.

qbz

qbz

Level 4
Not sure the minor version, editor reports its version as 1.32 (6103), there have definitely been at least a minor since my last post. My last post pointed out issues with custom ability icons and tooltips. While the current version of reforged fixed the icon issue, the tooltip issues remain. Setting tooltip info is pretty core to having any custom abilities.... this game comes out in 6 days?? :(

Last edited:

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Tested EmberCraft for a while and here is a list of stuffs I found:

- In classic reforged I noticed some textures are still missing like purge lightning sfx, clock pendulum, and particle textures.
upload_2020-1-24_11-25-37.png (purge sfx)
upload_2020-1-24_11-28-0.png (pendulum and particle textures)

- Some unlit/unshaded materials of custom models are now lit/shaded
- 3D sound effect volume issue at extreme height seems to be fixed now

- In reforged, custom models unsurprisingly appear totally broken so I'm not so interested of further investigation
upload_2020-1-24_11-46-3.png
I was hoping EmberCraft can easily be played in reforged just with better lightning and shading without using divinely HD models. But if I have to edit all custom models then I wouldn't even dream of porting my map just for minuscule improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.