• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to add textures to models in Patch 1.31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello all,

I have been having problems with Patch 1.31 for awhile now. Ultimately, its been more or less agreeing with my system, but I cannot figure out how to add textures to imported models anymore. I add the models, then the .blp files corresponding with it like I've always done, but nothing I type into the path seems to do anything to the model. I just keep getting the green box. I even tried looking at an old map of mine with imported .blp files attached to the models and it was still working like it was suppose to... but I couldn't copy the process on the new map I'm making. Is this a patch bug or am I just missing something?

Level 1
Same, could use some information regarding this. Such information would be very useful especially for the recently released WOW classic, due to it's obviously aged graphics. I do like the facts that wow classic gold is worth more in it and the old school mechanics mean that your achievements in game actually matter, it's way less automated than modern WoW, though yeah graphics are an eyesore.

Last edited:
Level 20
Being unable to decipher what you're saying aside...

What is it about "like I always do" that suddenly stopped working? Nothing about importing models/textures changed.

Level 3
Being unable to decipher what you're saying aside...

What is it about "like I always do" that suddenly stopped working? Nothing about importing models/textures changed.

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't see a custom path file extension anymore and thus, I don't know how to attach a model's skin to the mdx file. I've tried importing models that I used to have to do this on by just importing them into new patch, but now they don't show up in game. So, its like I cannot use models with separate skins that need to be imported separately anymore.

Level 3
Open the model in a model editor and look at the textures it references. Import your textures and rename them to the correct path.

I tried that, same way I used to pre-patch. I'm wondering if I just got hit by a patch bug of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.