• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Anniversary Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
anniverserylayoutLARGE.png

We are extremely excited to bring forth the commencement of the Warcraft III Anniversary Week event!

July 3 marks our favorite game’s 17th birthday since its original release in 2002. Since then, the entire WC3 community has created an unfathomable amount of content and memories that no one could have ever foreseen coming. This week, we will explore the legacy that thousands of players and creators alike have contributed to. Prepare for a blast from the past, inject a heavy dose of mana-nostalgia, and gaze towards the future with the culmination of everything that is Warcraft III: Reforged.

Delay/Update
FEATURE LINKS:

Article: Reforged Recap: The Future of Warcraft Part II (OUT NOW)
Media: WC3 History: Warcraft III Community Map HD (OUT TUESDAY)
Article/Media: WC3 History: The Story of Warcraft III (OUT WEDNESDAY)
Other: Yet to be revealed, TBA

This is presented by Hive, the W3U Discord, and the r/Warcraft3 subreddits, but we cannot thank all the other communities enough for how much they've contributed to the game over the years. Just yesterday B2W live-casted WC3 Esports history.

Amazing banner edit by Archian.
Special thanks to Wareditor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Cheers folks! <3 Love ya all.
So many possibilities to explore and new heights to reach. Tastes may differ, but Reforged surely will aid to increase the game's longevity by a mile. Newest generations will come to hive and maybe stay here.

I wonder if we will be able to switch wc3 classic to reforged on the go with 1 hotkey? Like, for example some custom maps wouldn't run well with reforged due to a different model/animation style and functionality (and I'm not even touching code now), especially with custom assets included to the map. So, moders could add a warning message directly to the loading screen of their creations "use the classic version for more visual and functional coherence".

Level 7
I wonder if we will be able to switch wc3 classic to reforged on the go with 1 hotkey? Like, for example some custom maps wouldn't run well with reforged due to a different model/animation style and functionality (and I'm not even touching code now), especially with custom assets included to the map. So, moders could add a warning message directly to the loading screen of their creations "use the classic version for more visual and functional coherence".

I wish it will possible to switch, but I think it won't because we have seen new doodads in Culling map so; what if a custom map uses those new doodads? what would you see in the classic version?...

I don't know how they will do it...

Level 32
So where is the second part tuesday has got 30 mins left to be over
Think west coast PST time. Blizzard is on the west coast too, so all of us in this time zone think in soonTM because of that.

But really, sorry about that guys. There were some urgent pressing things that needed to be taken care of but now that those are all finally over, it can resume. Putting in overtime and really aiming for the morning of Wednesday.

Last edited:
Think west coast PST time. Blizzard is on the west coast, so we all think in soonTM.

But really, sorry about that guys. There were some urgent pressing things that needed to be taken care of but now that those are all finally over, it can resume. Putting in overtime and really aiming for the morning of Wednesday.

Dude in Eu its Thirsday started midnight 00:35

Now in Irvine is 15:35 Wednsday.

What happend to Tuesday ?

Level 7
After months without news of any kind about the game and the removal of the Reforged Gold Mine and NE images, I am saddened and disappointed that the last hope, which was this "Warcraft III Anniversary Week", was another grotesque spectacle, another nail in our coffin since November.

It seems that it is clear that the fans of this classic game only deserve to be beaten again and again, the most pathetic I've seen in a long time.

Thursday, July 4 at 10:30 (Europe)

Level 6
I wish it will possible to switch, but I think it won't because we have seen new doodads in Culling map so; what if a custom map uses those new doodads? what would you see in the classic version?...

I don't know how they will do it...
I only see three options:

1. They just do not let you use any assets that are from the new campaign maps. That would be unlikely in my opinion and wasted potential.
2. If you use any of the new assets your map is classified as "Reforged map" and you can play that only with the reforged version. Would be bad for everyone that just plays classic so I doubt that aswell.
3. All reforged assets will be "downloaded" for classic players like you would on custom assets.

Just ideas, but who knows. We will see once it is out.

Level 32
Hi everyone. I'm very saddened to say that Tuesday's and Wednesday's features are delayed until further notice, but they will still come out. I don't want to make another "delayed till tomorrow" post and I take full responsibility for unintentionally misleading people on the hype along and I deeply apologize for that. There were multiple reasons as why this came to be, with the main one stemming from my own fault in judgement and discipline. I've worked on the this in nearly every minute of all the free time I had for the past week, but this was mismanaged in ways such as unhealthy crunch and poor sleep discipline. The grandiose scope and vision of the event did not meet the attention to detail needed in executing it in the short amount of time. In the end, the goal is to make it up to the community by ensuring that they are finished products. So again, they're still in the works, but they'll likely be presented as regular news posts or promotions. I hope some can understand, but I cannot apologize enough for the let-down.

Thursday+ isn't under my jurisdiction because I have given the option for others to create features with varying ideas, so those are possible but not likely.

Last edited:
Level 23
After months without news of any kind about the game and the removal of the Reforged Gold Mine and NE images, I am saddened and disappointed that the last hope, which was this "Warcraft III Anniversary Week", was another grotesque spectacle, another nail in our coffin since November.

It seems that it is clear that the fans of this classic game only deserve to be beaten again and again, the most pathetic I've seen in a long time.

Thursday, July 4 at 10:30 (Europe)
I don't see how someone like StopcampingNoob, who is not affiliated with blizzard, not releasing this "anniversary week" series "on time" can lead to such a reaction.
"Last hope"................

Level 7
I only see three options:

1. They just do not let you use any assets that are from the new campaign maps. That would be unlikely in my opinion and wasted potential.
2. If you use any of the new assets your map is classified as "Reforged map" and you can play that only with the reforged version. Would be bad for everyone that just plays classic so I doubt that aswell.
3. All reforged assets will be "downloaded" for classic players like you would on custom assets.

Just ideas, but who knows. We will see once it is out.

The 3rd option makes more sense to me but I don't know how they will allow those who don't buy Reforged to use their models... it sounds strange to me.

I don't see how someone like StopcampingNoob, who is not affiliated with blizzard, not releasing this "anniversary week" series "on time" can lead to such a reaction.
"Last hope"................

You're right in your comment, clearly you don't see it.

I haven't named StoPCampinGn00b in my previous comment, he has apologized. This whole issue isn't derived solely from the delay of "Warcraft III Anniversary Week"; As I said, it's a bunch of many things, all of them by Blizzard, and, this last bad news, has been the last straw.

For 8 months we have only had secrecy, lack of control in the forums, nor a reply, less than negligible information (two images that were eliminated in less than 24 hours).
They have carried the phrase "We owe you nothing" proudly as a flag, a perfect plan.

Now it seems that I can't feel sad and disappointed with everything that surrounds Reforged, I have to be happy and praising them... because if I don't act that way you don't understand the reaction...
What would I be thinking? I must be crazy!

Some of us, luckily or unfortunately, don't like to be walked all over and laughed at our faces.

Level 23
I haven't named StoPCampinGn00b in my previous comment, he has apologized.
So because he apologised, he is worthy of you not naming him for blame?

For 8 months we have only had secrecy, lack of control in the forums, nor a reply, less than negligible information (two images that were eliminated in less than 24 hours).
They have carried the phrase "We owe you nothing" proudly as a flag, a perfect plan.
You are confusing Blizzard and Hiveworkshop.

I must be crazy!
That is the only thing I agree with you on.

Level 7
So because he apologised, he is worthy of you not naming him for blame?

When you accuse me of blaming someone, you have to quote that comment, if you don't I can think that you are manipulating and twisting things.

I am going to remind you of this phrase: "I take full responsibility for unintentionally misleading people on the hype along and I deeply apologize for that" and still, I have nothing against him so I don't know what you're talking about.

In short, you quote the parts that interest you and those that do not think like you are heretics, bad people and ungrateful.

All right.

Ignore the whole nonsense like I do. Waste of time.

We really should do it...

Level 10
The new natives and improvements to the World Editor are great, or at least will be when all the bugs are resolved. Shame about the ugly new art, but that is subjecitve I guess.

Leave blizz forums, rebel on hive.

Or just leave both, there will be noone left except ass likcing blizz patriots or MomoirCroise demon guy race.

Let them live in a fairy-tale land where daddy blizz smudge their eyes telling how everything is ok.

But no,then you ass lickers cant go around and tell othjers who disagree how we are toxic , just because we dont like this incompetence company.

Fucking hypocrats leave us alone, we got 100% right to REBEL who are you to stop us

Level 3
Hi everyone. I'm very saddened to say that Tuesday's and Wednesday's features are delayed until further notice, but they will still come out. I don't want to make another "delayed till tomorrow" post and I take full responsibility for unintentionally misleading people on the hype along and I deeply apologize for that. There were multiple reasons as why this came to be, with the main one stemming from my own fault in judgement and discipline. I've worked on the this in nearly every minute of all the free time I had for the past week, but this was mismanaged in ways such as unhealthy crunch and poor sleep discipline. The grandiose scope and vision of the event did not meet the attention to detail needed in executing it in the short amount of time. In the end, the goal is to make it up to the community by ensuring that they are finished products. So again, they're still in the works, but they'll likely be presented as regular news posts or promotions. I hope some can understand, but I cannot apologize enough for the let-down.

Thursday+ isn't under my jurisdiction because I have given the option for others to create features with varying ideas, so those are possible but not likely.

This is so incredibly hype! And such set backs can not impede my vigour! Staying hyped for the glorious coming of Reforged! I don't know where! I don't know when! But we'll meet again, Robert Bridenbecker! I will hear your words, your words of the developer and they will tell me, "it's time"

And then haters will have no hold over me.

Or just leave both, there will be noone left except ass likcing blizz patriots or MomoirCroise demon guy race.

Let them live in a fairy-tale land where daddy blizz smudge their eyes telling how everything is ok.

But no,then you ass lickers cant go around and tell othjers who disagree how we are toxic , just because we dont like this incompetence company.

Fucking hypocrats leave us alone, we got 100% right to REBEL who are you to stop us

Best way is really rebeling at this point, those preorders must be somehow retaken.

Level 6

Fucking hypocrats leave us alone, we got 100% right to REBEL who are you to stop

I assume that you are trolling but for the sake of keeping the discussion alive, I just could not resist answering this.

You might feel like a rebel or a critic but for me personally you just look like a butthurt person who throws out offenses at a company because he dislikes serveral games by them.
I know it feels like you understood everything about this world, but you do not rebel by insulting game developers. You could stop supporting them by giving them no attention at all and most importantly not giving them your money, making you a slave of their market/work, and even that would not make you a rebel but rather a normal person who is aware of his consumer decisions.

I know games are a very important topic to many and therefore we can witness so many emotional outbursts but at the end of the day Blizzard is not doing this as a honorary job for the community that waited so many years for a rework, they do it for profit as any rational market participant would do. And certainly they can try to reach out to individual opinions (because there are many different ones and it is not just yours) but you should not take it for granted.
Of course you can and you probably will continue the way you are doing it right now, but it just does not mean or change anything and it certainly does not make you special.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72

Who are you talking to again? It's a genuine question.
Maybe it's because I don't give a rat's ass about this thread or Reforged, but I haven't seen
anyone but ONE guy who posted AFTER your rant there "praise" or "protect" Blizzard.

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
@StoPCampinGn00b we appreciate the mea culpa. Don't stress yourself too hard. We'll still be here when you're done.

I lost track of who's complaining anymore, but, y'know, a grip is called for. No one paid the Hive for these news, nor is any staff paid to write them. How does this even slightly compare to the Blizzard-and-Wc3 situation? @StoPCampinGn00b (and associated crew) voluntarily went out of their way to offer us this community-driven initiative in their free time. They had zero obligation to this. If Blizzard owes you anything, they owe you absolutely nothing.

If you want to dissuade the Hive from repeating this endeavour, you're doing a great job. It's exactly this sort of poisonous, pauper, and ungrateful attitude that made me hate the job of writing news for this site back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.