1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III Anniversary Week

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Jul 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juveqis

Juveqis

Resources:
    Resources:
    After months without news of any kind about the game and the removal of the Reforged Gold Mine and NE images, I am saddened and disappointed that the last hope, which was this "Warcraft III Anniversary Week", was another grotesque spectacle, another nail in our coffin since November.

It seems that it is clear that the fans of this classic game only deserve to be beaten again and again, the most pathetic I've seen in a long time.

Thursday, July 4 at 10:30 (Europe)

2. Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I only see three options:

1. They just do not let you use any assets that are from the new campaign maps. That would be unlikely in my opinion and wasted potential.
    2. If you use any of the new assets your map is classified as "Reforged map" and you can play that only with the reforged version. Would be bad for everyone that just plays classic so I doubt that aswell.
    3. All reforged assets will be "downloaded" for classic players like you would on custom assets.

Just ideas, but who knows. We will see once it is out.

3. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi everyone. I'm very saddened to say that Tuesday's and Wednesday's features are delayed until further notice, but they will still come out. I don't want to make another "delayed till tomorrow" post and I take full responsibility for unintentionally misleading people on the hype along and I deeply apologize for that. There were multiple reasons as why this came to be, with the main one stemming from my own fault in judgement and discipline. I've worked on the this in nearly every minute of all the free time I had for the past week, but this was mismanaged in ways such as unhealthy crunch and poor sleep discipline. The grandiose scope and vision of the event did not meet the attention to detail needed in executing it in the short amount of time. In the end, the goal is to make it up to the community by ensuring that they are finished products. So again, they're still in the works, but they'll likely be presented as regular news posts or promotions. I hope some can understand, but I cannot apologize enough for the let-down.

Thursday+ isn't under my jurisdiction because I have given the option for others to create features with varying ideas, so those are possible but not likely.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  4. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think at this point we have every right to be toxic.

5. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't see how someone like StopcampingNoob, who is not affiliated with blizzard, not releasing this "anniversary week" series "on time" can lead to such a reaction.
    "Last hope"................

6. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

7. Quinten

Quinten

Resources:
    Resources:
    L A T E ™

8. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    When it's ready

9. Juveqis

Juveqis

Resources:
    Resources:
    The 3rd option makes more sense to me but I don't know how they will allow those who don't buy Reforged to use their models... it sounds strange to me.

You're right in your comment, clearly you don't see it.

I haven't named StoPCampinGn00b in my previous comment, he has apologized. This whole issue isn't derived solely from the delay of "Warcraft III Anniversary Week"; As I said, it's a bunch of many things, all of them by Blizzard, and, this last bad news, has been the last straw.

For 8 months we have only had secrecy, lack of control in the forums, nor a reply, less than negligible information (two images that were eliminated in less than 24 hours).
    They have carried the phrase "We owe you nothing" proudly as a flag, a perfect plan.

Now it seems that I can't feel sad and disappointed with everything that surrounds Reforged, I have to be happy and praising them... because if I don't act that way you don't understand the reaction...
    What would I be thinking? I must be crazy!

Some of us, luckily or unfortunately, don't like to be walked all over and laughed at our faces.

10. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So because he apologised, he is worthy of you not naming him for blame?

You are confusing Blizzard and Hiveworkshop.

That is the only thing I agree with you on.

11. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Blizzard and Hive are in touch though

12. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Give the boy a break, SCN is just a pupil doing this in his spare time.

Also, I still do not see a reason to be "hyped" about Reforged in any way so even less of a reason to be toxic imo.
    Ignore the whole nonsense like I do. Waste of time.

13. Juveqis

Juveqis

Resources:
    Resources:
    When you accuse me of blaming someone, you have to quote that comment, if you don't I can think that you are manipulating and twisting things.

I am going to remind you of this phrase: "I take full responsibility for unintentionally misleading people on the hype along and I deeply apologize for that" and still, I have nothing against him so I don't know what you're talking about.

In short, you quote the parts that interest you and those that do not think like you are heretics, bad people and ungrateful.

All right.

We really should do it...

14. Duke

Duke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The new natives and improvements to the World Editor are great, or at least will be when all the bugs are resolved. Shame about the ugly new art, but that is subjecitve I guess.

15. Adunai

Adunai

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is so incredibly hype! And such set backs can not impede my vigour! Staying hyped for the glorious coming of Reforged! I don't know where! I don't know when! But we'll meet again, Robert Bridenbecker! I will hear your words, your words of the developer and they will tell me, "it's time"

And then haters will have no hold over me.

16. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Best way is really rebeling at this point, those preorders must be somehow retaken.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can I see it?
    (Paradoxical) Blizzard™

18. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    After being in touch with Blizzard quality of hive is to the point of Soon Tm

19. Quinten

Quinten

Resources:
    Resources:
  20. Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I assume that you are trolling but for the sake of keeping the discussion alive, I just could not resist answering this.

You might feel like a rebel or a critic but for me personally you just look like a butthurt person who throws out offenses at a company because he dislikes serveral games by them.
    I know it feels like you understood everything about this world, but you do not rebel by insulting game developers. You could stop supporting them by giving them no attention at all and most importantly not giving them your money, making you a slave of their market/work, and even that would not make you a rebel but rather a normal person who is aware of his consumer decisions.

I know games are a very important topic to many and therefore we can witness so many emotional outbursts but at the end of the day Blizzard is not doing this as a honorary job for the community that waited so many years for a rework, they do it for profit as any rational market participant would do. And certainly they can try to reach out to individual opinions (because there are many different ones and it is not just yours) but you should not take it for granted.
    Of course you can and you probably will continue the way you are doing it right now, but it just does not mean or change anything and it certainly does not make you special.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.