• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Anniversary Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've been an avid lurk apart of the Hiveworkshop for nearly a decade, and have always enjoyed the community content given to us free of charge and without expectation. Except for the incompetent few who seem to think the Hive is run by Blizzard, I am sure everyone is still on board with this hype-infused event and we can't wait (but we will)!

The Hive has always been a hub for Warcraft 3 communities and fans to further cultivate their love for the game. No one is owed this event you are delivering us but you are doing it anyway; long live Warcraft 3!

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
giphy.gif

Not mad, just mildly disappointed.

Level 39
@StoPCampinGn00b we appreciate the mea culpa. Don't stress yourself too hard. We'll still be here when you're done.

I lost track of who's complaining anymore, but, y'know, a grip is called for. No one paid the Hive for these news, nor is any staff paid to write them. How does this even slightly compare to the Blizzard-and-Wc3 situation? @StoPCampinGn00b (and associated crew) voluntarily went out of their way to offer us this community-driven initiative in their free time. They had zero obligation to this. If Blizzard owes you anything, they owe you absolutely nothing.

If you want to dissuade the Hive from repeating this endeavour, you're doing a great job. It's exactly this sort of poisonous, pauper, and ungrateful attitude that made me hate the job of writing news for this site back in the day.

This.

Toxic people who are giving @StoPCampinGn00b shit, shut the f*ck up and learn to appreciate people who spend their very limited spare time offering you free content. The Hive and its staff owes you absolutely nothing.

@StoPCampinGn00b take it absolutely easy man. This is not worth stressing over. Just keep on being awesome.

Level 39
What free content?

I'm sorry, have you ever paid for anything on this site?

Now it has been changed to "Coming Soon"
And Coming Soon is relative term for blizz...Could be this month,next, lol until end of the year

Goodluck i am out

Do you seriously think that the Hive is run by Blizzard?

Last edited:
Level 50
The amount of pity arousing and patronizing in this thread is cringey to say at least, good old THW.

First of all, where are those ''toxic'' replies people complain about?
People either got hit by ZT fever towards sarcasm/criticism about higher ups (THW isn't totalitarianism guys) or those ''toxic'' replies got deleted by now?

Either way, people complaining about toxic people should probably rethink their rhetoric, because replies full of smarttalking and patronizing just for the sake of it makes them quite toxic as well.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
@Murlocologist Any sanctimony to my earlier reply was unwitting. I merely meant to alert that attacking volunteers who spend their free time dynamising the site with pointless, destructive criticism only hurts their morale and discourages future initiatives. And that the warning comes from experience.
And indeed I was also slightly venting if that's what you're getting at. :ain::ab:

Reactions: pyf
Level 39
What's that got to do with this thread anyway?

It has everything to do with it, seeing as this whole anniversary week is free content that the team is making in their spare time, yet we still have ungrateful cretins attacking them for this delay.

Not directly run by Blizzard ofcourse, just cooperatively

Uh no? Some of the people on the staff may work for Blizzard, but that doesn't mean that Blizzard runs the site and they sure as hell don't have anything to do with this event.

Level 39
First of all, where are those ''toxic'' replies people complain about?

I don't know what you define as toxic, but this is pretty toxic to me:

It seems that it is clear that the fans of this classic game only deserve to be beaten again and again, the most pathetic I've seen in a long time.

I think at this point we have every right to be toxic.

Some of us, luckily or unfortunately, don't like to be walked all over and laughed at our faces.

Leave blizz forums, rebel on hive.

Or just leave both, there will be noone left except ass likcing blizz patriots or MomoirCroise demon guy race.

Let them live in a fairy-tale land where daddy blizz smudge their eyes telling how everything is ok.

But no,then you ass lickers cant go around and tell othjers who disagree how we are toxic , just because we dont like this incompetence company.

Fucking hypocrats leave us alone, we got 100% right to REBEL who are you to stop us

After being in touch with Blizzard quality of hive is goin' down to the point of Soon Tm

Now it has been changed to "Coming Soon"
And Coming Soon is relative term for blizz...Could be this month,next, lol until end of the year

Goodluck i am out

But maybe that's just me?

I still have yet to see what is free, who's making it and what it is :p

Well, some people have lives. @StoPCampinGn00b explained the situation to us and that should be it.

Reactions: pyf

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Posting news doesn't entitle one to praise in itself. On the other hand, promising to post content at a certain time, produced during one's leisure or not, then not fulfilling promised conduct, is a harm, because expectations for fulfillment of that conduct (which were incited by the promiser themselves) were not met. This induces dissatisfaction and, if the conduct regarded a collective effort, possibly brings harm to other participants in said effort. Although it's worth noting SCN already apologized and a lot of uncalled-for denigration ensued. I just felt impulsed to write a contrarian post because I'm like that.

Quality of Hive's operation doesn't reflect that of Blizzard's. I can only wonder how damaged a brain must you have to think so.

Level 7
This situation has gone completely out of hands, the moral superiority, the condescension and the effort to lie is overwhelming.

First of all, we didn't have the way to know the direct or indirect relationship of Blizzard with the "Warcraft III Anniversary Week", we made the mistake of trusting that Blizzard wouldn't miss the opportunity to celebrate the 17th anniversary of Warcraft III.

Also knowing that two members of this forum (@Kam and @MindWorX) work for Blizzard and that basically they are part (or mainly as I have seen) of Blizzard's voice on Reddit and Discord servers (as when the Dark Ranger model was confirmed or it was reported that the beta was not going to be launched last week).

As well, in the article that @StoPCampinGn00b published "Reforged Recap: The Future of Warcraft: Part II" we had the first news that he had the pleasure of being invited to BlizzCon 2018 and to Monday summit at Blizz HQ.

So, knowing this, it doesn't seem improbable or illogical to think that HiveWorkShop and Blizzard were grouped behind this event.

However, there are comments here in the forum that see this impossible, that whoever thinks that is crazy:

I don't see how someone like StopcampingNoob, who is not affiliated with blizzard

You are confusing Blizzard and Hiveworkshop.

Uh no? Some of the people on the staff may work for Blizzard, but that doesn't mean that Blizzard runs the site and they sure as hell don't have anything to do with this event.

People have been accused of attacking and insulting @StoPCampinGn00b for their work, falsifying reality, but I haven't seen any proof of it yet.

So because he apologised, he is worthy of you not naming him for blame?

Toxic people who are giving @StoPCampinGn00b shit

I merely meant to alert that attacking volunteers who spend their free time

yet we still have ungrateful cretins attacking them for this delay

Nobody is messing with him, or insulting his work, or anything, some people here have to improve reading comprehension.

However, I've seen these kind comments on other forum members:

I hope those who have been complaining have been trolling

Don't dwell on the negative cunts.

Except for the incompetent

yet we still have ungrateful cretins

It's exactly this sort of poisonous, pauper, and ungrateful attitude that made me hate the job of writing news for this site back in the day.

destructive criticism only hurts their morale and discourages future initiatives. And that the warning comes from experience.

destructive criticism only hurts their morale and discourages future initiatives. And that the warning comes from experience.

Regarding this:

I don't know what you define as toxic, but this is pretty toxic to me:

- I express my feelings (and explain the reasons) about feeling spitted on by Blizzard's behavior during these 8 months - Is beign toxic.

- @YourArthas shows his discontent by saying that he has the right to be toxic (without having done anything yet) - Is beign toxic.

- I say I don't like Blizzard laughing in my face - Is beign toxic.

..., etc.

I wonder if the comments I have quoted before insulting others seem toxic to you or not.

But maybe that's just me?

Sincerely, I hope that it's only you because it seems that for you it's toxic everyone who gives his opinion but doesn't match yours.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Toxic people who are giving @StoPCampinGn00b shit, shut the f*ck up and learn to appreciate people who spend their very limited spare time offering you free content. The Hive and its staff owes you absolutely nothing.

It's not about that.
What bothers me is that you announce publically that you will do something on a given date... and then don't.
It's not that anyone forced this announcement or any details within it.
If someone promises me something, I expect it to be kept. This seems like basic human decency to me.

Of course, delays happen all the time. But that does not mean that feeling disappointed is not justified. *cough* check reddit after a game is delayed *cough*

Level 39
First of all, we didn't have the way to know the direct or indirect relationship of Blizzard with the "Warcraft III Anniversary Week"

You could've read the actual news article in the first place. It very clearly states that this event is organized by the Warcraft 3 community, not Blizzard. Why would you assume that Blizzard had anything to do with it?

- I express my feelings (and explain the reasons) about feeling spitted on by Blizzard's behavior during these 8 months - Is beign toxic.

- @YourArthas shows his discontent by saying that he has the right to be toxic (without having done anything yet) - Is beign toxic.

- I say I don't like Blizzard laughing in my face - Is beign toxic.

The problem here is that you're equating The Hive with Blizzard. So yeah, saying this stuff about The Hive (once again, a free website offering free content) is toxic. If you wanna complain about Blizzard that's fine - but this thread is not the place to do it. When you choose to complain in a place that has nothing to do with Blizzard you don't get to whine when people mistake it for complaints against this site and its staff.

It's not about that.
What bothers me is that you announce publically that you will do something on a given date... and then don't.
If someone promises me something, I expect it to be kept. This seems like basic human decency to me.

Of course, delays happen all the time. But that does not mean that feeling disappointed is not justified. *cough* check reddit after a game is delayed *cough*

A game is a product that you pay for - this is not. Nobody paid for this, nobody is owed this. The deadline wasn't kept - an explanation was given and that is it. There's nothing more to it.

It's not about that.

Yeah exactly this, I mean when I announce something to public about Rebirth, I really feel obligated and I use my *free* time to do it, (it is also a *free* project) and I push myself because I feel bad if I can't keep my promise to fans\users\players, also I mean if I'm not sure if I can complete the article\release whatever I don't announce it, for example if the week was just this: Reforged Recap Part II, noone would feel disappointed because the 'delayed' parts would just be in private of staff making it public was a mistake that made people disappointed, I think there is nothing wrong with stating it

To be so emotionally invested in a video game, that you think it is okay to be insulting to real people.

Stop being so toxic people. You're owed nothing. Everything the hive stands for is literally people giving you free stuff because they enjoy creating it. Pushing those people away with wanton toxicity and misaimed aggression is the last thing you should be doing.

People have real lives, delays happen. If you want guarantees and deadlines, pay them.

So count to ten, take a sip of coffee, or other preferred beverage, and enjoy your day.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Imagine being such sensitive snowflakes that that slightest negative vibe is to be censored.

It's not even toxic. Play some online games, because that is truly toxic. I do not spot any death threats, low IQ statement, braindead accusations or wishing torture by cancer here.

I am more annoyed by the kindergaren dream land standards in this thread rather than the minor inconvenience the delay caused in the first place.

Level 39
This is only true if you preorder, which not everyone does.

At the end of the day, it's still a commercial product. The companies are asking for money in exchange for their product - this comes with the consequence of criticism if said product isn't delivered on time. The Hive however does not ask for money. And just so we're clear, I don't have a problem with people being slightly annoyed by a delay - as long as this annoyance is voiced in a civilized manner. My comments in this thread were not directed at you in any capacity.

Imagine being such sensitive snowflakes that that slightest negative vibe is to be censored.

It's not even toxic. Play some online games, because that is truly toxic. I do not spot any death threats, low IQ statement, braindead accusations or wishing torture by cancer here.

I am more annoyed by the kindergaren dream land standards in this thread rather than the minor inconvenience the delay caused in the first place.

Whataboutism doesn't really work in practice. Toxicity comes in many forms. Calling people "ass lickers" and "fucking hypocrites" is pretty toxic to me. Not as extreme as death threats for sure, but I'm not really sure I agree that that's where the line should be. Everyone who's not conducting themselves in a civilized manner, especially towards someone who's giving them free content, is toxic to me.

Reactions: Rui
Ok. I never blamed SCN. Hes proven member of the community.
But i am communist, and i dont give an F word for titles and authoritys.Its not because of that, its because SCN surely had best intentions

He even took responsibility and guilt on his backs, while there was no need for it at all.
No need to defend blizz and be crucified here, trust me.

Its not i am mad blizz lying us again. Yes you hear me well, cause it must have been hive members like SCN have some indirect contacts with blizz.

What worries me are those hypocrats telling us we are "toxic" towards SCN, when we dont blame him at all.

So basically what we got here in past few days was :

1. SCN goes like : Blame me, i am responsible (but hes not he just probably love this game thats all and he was emotional)
2. Some hive members calling other who dislike blizz action anti-SCN
3. Maybe only few metnioned SCN in negative way, probably cause they are ignorant suckers maybe?
4.Intentionaly cricifying SCN and identifying him with blizz cause they saw a mindless crowd does so , blaming others being toxic agaisnt him, when actualy majority dont blame him at all.

Those SCN "advocates" with their approach can only hurt SCN and pout in in focus of everything.

This last kind is what i hate the most, they are so aware and udnerstand whats going on very well.

Those f0cklng hypocrats.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
This thread is locked until further notice.

Remember that community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums.

While posting on these forums, you will encounter thousands of other members who share different experiences and come from vastly different backgrounds. While certain language and images may not be offensive to you, consider the fact that that same language and images may have a completely different effect on someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.