1. The long-awaited results for Concept Art Contest #11 have finally been released!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join Texturing Contest #30 now in a legendary battle of mythological creatures!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

WarCraft: Armies Of Azeroth shares its assets with devs

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by WCAoA, Jul 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WCAoA

WCAoA

Resources:
    Resources:

[​IMG]
    Hello guys! We are WarCraft: Armies of Azeroth mod developers and our team is happy to announce that we decided to share our assets, which include hundreds of HD WarCraft III models fully remastered with you.

Our mod is supported by Blizzard Entertainment. Moreover, recently it won in the category Best Upcoming according to Editor's Choice in ModDB 2015 Mod of the Year contest.

[​IMG]

In order to get a full access to our mod files, you should be able to work with Galaxy Editor, especially with triggers and interface. After you prove your skill to us, we are ready to share our mods with you, however, with some conditions.

We especially encourage those, who are planning to recreate the most played maps of WarCraft III on the basis of our mod.

The maps include:

Enfo's Team Survival
    Footman Frenzy
    Desert Strike (WarCraft based remake)

Also developers of any sort of tower defence, hero defence and AoS genres are encouraged to apply.

Do not hesitate to contact us via PM or EMail!

Email: wc.aoasocial@gmail.com

2. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    mein dis is awesome !

3. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Grunt is ugly though, and most of them are rather lenient on the art style of wow rather than wc3's.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I and and many others who know at least something about the WE will have to learn the tediousness of the GE.

5. WCAoA

WCAoA

Resources:
    Resources:
    Everything has a price. Better engine and increased opportunities of maps creation for instance.

6. BlueFire

BlueFire

Resources:
    Resources:
    That may be true, but GE is just stupidly overcomplicated. It didn't have to be this way to still support all the stuff it does, for all I care it could have been pretty much a slight redesign of the WE and it would work just as fine.

7. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, that's very generous of you guys!
    So, how does it work exactly? Does anyone get access to the melee race and prop assets, kinda like how Blizz shared WC3 assets for SC2, but you need to provide your own created maps or create a new one for skill demonstration for data and custom triggers?

I wouldn't mind getting access to this, but thing is I am one of those people who multitask a lot so I don't even know if giving access to me will be worth the effort considering how I have so many different projects not including SC2, so dunno if I'll deliver anything proper, plus I never meddled with interface beyond deletion of several unnecessary interface buttons and I always had a preference for working out new elements with data, not trigger editor, so dunno if I'm a very fit candidate. Still, I'm too curious to miss out on this.

It's fine and not "stupidly" overcomplicated, it just lacks any proper documentation and tooltips so it takes a while to figure out how some things work. It took me ages to figure out how to handle actor events but, wow, the possibilities are great, I feel like everyone's just scratching the surface with what can possibly be done with this!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  8. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just recieved a notification from Facebook about this Topic, I'm really excited to see this ^^

9. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Damn it would love to jump in but I still haven't gotten starcraft II
    Still,thanks for sharing your assets,and good luck

10. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    The picture is a giant font massacre.

11. Kostyarik

Kostyarik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Anyone up to remaking burnenog TD? =)

12. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Lol, whatta ride. You've got some good resources there.

13. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  14. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Oh wow, impressive ! How Warcraft4 would have looked if it came out in 2010 ^^

But I think the ambition to reacreate "Epic Warcraft Maps" to StarcraftII is a bit flimsy considering the fact that the mapmakers won't have the time/the nerves to remake everything again, especially with an editor they don't master; without mentioning all the materials built by the community which are used in those maps.
    Perhaps some minigames...
    I cannot find who would fit as a target for this sharing; which is a shame considering all the work put into it.

But it could drag some people towards GE I guess (not me : P)

Impressive nonetheless ! Epic job guys !

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  15. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WAA is so fucking epic. Good job guys. We have more news about this in the pipeline. Stay tuned :grin:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  16. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    More news? That's nice, hope it'll revitalise the SC2 modding. It's massively underused despite all the potential.

17. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Lmao, yeah, looks like a bunch of fonts had a crash, but I guess it grabs your attention :p

Anyway, it's wonderful to hear about you guys using your assets to breath some life into ScII modding, but alas, and I speak for myself, the GE is just... tedious and grossly overcomplicated. Last time I checked, Blizzard added the ability to have wizards automate some of the more laborious processes, so maybe if there are enough of those to make editing easier, then maybe I might consider giving the GE another go. For the fourth time.

At any rate, I hope some interesting stuff comes out of this.

18. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    One problem is, they didn't add any wizards themselves, just gave you ability to create them... at least last time I checked I found none. :(

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  19. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good times.

20. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Oh, that's unfortunate. I know some people were trying to create wizards to facilitate unit-creation process, but no idea if that panned out or not. Maybe we need to pester Blizzard for one? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.