• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
How will poor activison blizzard survive!!!

By finding ways to earn money, like micro transactions

Also extra credits is a fucking chump.

Oh no i play the Axis team in a shooter that makes us nornalize Nazi idology

He said that.

1. When you claim something like that, at least put up a source.
2. People can have both right and wrong opinions. In this case the data supports the channels claim.

Nevermind the entertiee existence of Nintendo refutes his trash tier video nevermind the overwhelmingly MOCKING he faced in his comments for this idiotic video.

What does this sentence even mean. Nintendo has monthly subscriptions for their online services, and literally tried to sell people card board boxes. Money has to come from somewhere.

Lets not pretend microtransaction filled games made fames better. Those games filled with them are by and far the worst dogshit to disgrace gaming in the last decade

Don't expect content if you're not willing to pay for it. Nobody forces you to buy anything.

Larian- cdprojekt- remedy- obsideon entertainment- I.D. Fromsoftware and several pro consumer ones who call out the industry bullshit as greed.

Mostly single player game developers. The thing with single player games is that they don't require huge servers, maintenance crews and dedicated developer teams to maintain. A game being online is itself a service, and services cost money.

Micro-transactions is not anti-consumer. Unless you think actually having to pay for other peoples hard work is anti-consumer.

Last edited:
The quality of the models is astonishing. At first i thought its fake and just concept art,cause i couldnt believe its so amazing.
I still wait some confirmation its real 3d models xD :)

Although some parts and proportion changes could be made for perfection of perfection,but nope its not time for that i say i am satisfyed with quality and thats all that metters now !!!!

Lemonions did it rofl cant belive xD congrat

Level 1
Can anyone not see Antonidas's face or is that just me?

Those pictures were shot with a physical camera tho..

In some news, apparently, Reforged is gonna be one of the games hosted at a sort of Chinese esports contest or tournament held at the end of November. This seems a bit hopeful, but idk.. any thoughts ?

Level 7
Those pictures were shot with a physical camera tho..

In some news, apparently, Reforged is gonna be one of the games hosted at a sort of Chinese esports contest or tournament held at the end of November. This seems a bit hopeful, but idk.. any thoughts ?

Well, on November 3 of last year Archian created this post: Reforged - Warcraft III Reforged - What we know... so far.

In it, the first sentence is "Warcraft 3 Reforged will be released sometime in 2019. Estimated Nov 2, 2019. (US LAW, if you preorder the release must be within a year from the prepurchase date.)"

So we knew since then that the game had to be released before November 2 of this year.

Now the phrase about the US law is crossed out, someone has had to do it.

A weeks ago, the phrase about the United States law was not crossed out, you can check it here, it is a screenshot of March 2019:

http://web.archive.org/web/20190326...raft-iii-reforged-what-we-know-so-far.309826/

Every day a new surprise! This is a non-stop! :ugly:

They are likely able to circumvent that law by the fact that some of the pre-order content has been released, such as for other Blizzard games.

For spoils of war edition, not for regular preorder so they can't get away without giving some sort of early access atleast, also right of accepting or declining a 'partial delivery' is on purchaser so if you don't accept that 'early access' you can still enforce the law

Swiss Code Of Obligations(Basically same in all Europe):

Art. 97 1 An obligor who fails to discharge an obligation at all or as required must make amends for the resulting loss or damage unless he can prove that he was not at fault. 2 The procedure for debt enforcement is governed by the provisions of the Federal Act of 11 April 188935 on Debt Collection and Bankruptcy and the Civil Procedure Code of 19 December 200836 (CPC).37

Art. 98 1 Where the obligation is to take certain action, the obligee may without prejudice to his claims for damages obtain authority to perform the obligation at the obligor’s expense. 2 Where the obligation is to refrain from taking certain action, any breach of such obligation renders the obligor liable to make amends for the loss or damage caused. 3 In addition, the obligee may request that the situation constituting a breach of the obligation be rectified and may obtain authority to rectify it at the obligor’s expense.

Art. 99 1 The obligor is generally liable for any fault attributable to him. 2 The scope of such liability is determined by the particular nature of the transaction and in particular is judged more leniently where the obligor does not stand to gain from the transaction. 3 In other respects, the provisions governing liability in tort apply mutatis mutandis to a breach of contract.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
For spoils of war edition, not for regular preorder so they can't get away without giving some sort of early access atleast, also right of accepting or declining a 'partial delivery' is on purchaser so if you don't accept that 'early access' you can still enforce the law
They already gave everyone early access... You can play Warcraft III (which Reforged is an update there of) using your Reforged preorder.

They already gave everyone early access... You can play Warcraft III (which Reforged is an update there of) using your Reforged preorder.

Then it becomes culpa in contrahendo , misleading someone to obligate.Long story short: They can't get away from a default without giving Warcraft III: Reforged (included graphics and promised features) or they are willing to face lawsuits

Isn't BlizzEnt an American company?

They have to justify the laws of each country they work.(Chinese censorship anyone)

Further reading about Culpa In Contrahendo: Culpa in contrahendo Swiss and German M&A | IFLR.com

Also articles of Swiss Law about misleading and fraud:

Art. 23 A party labouring under a fundamental error when entering into a contract is not bound by that contract.

Art. 24 1 An error is fundamental in the following cases in particular: 1. where the party acting in error intended to conclude a contract different from that to which he consented; 2. where the party acting in error has concluded a contract relating to a subject matter other than the subject matter he intended or, where the contract relates to a specific person, to a person other than the one he intended; 3. where the party acting in error has promised to make a significantly greater performance or has accepted a promise of a significantly lesser consideration than he actually intended; 4. where the error relates to specific facts which the party acting in error considered in good faith to be a necessary basis for the contract. 2 However, where the error relates solely to the reason for concluding the contract, it is not fundamental. 3 Calculation errors do not render a contract any less binding, but must be corrected.

Art. 25 1 A person may not invoke error in a manner contrary to good faith. 2 In particular, the party acting in error remains bound by the contract he intended to conclude, provided the other party accepts that contract.

Art. 26 1 A party acting in error and invoking that error to repudiate a contract is liable for any loss or damage arising from the nullity of the agreement where the error is attributable to his own negligence, unless the other party knew or should have known of the error. IV. Agreement to conclude a contract F. Defect in consent I. Error 1. Effect 2. Cases of mistake 3. Invoking error contrary to good faith 4. Error by negligence Federal Act on the Amendment of the Swiss Civil Code 7 220 2 In the interests of equity, the court may award further damages to the injured party.

Art. 28 1 A party induced to enter into a contract by the fraud of the other party is not bound by it even if his error is not fundamental. 2 A party who is the victim of fraud by a third party remains bound by the contract unless the other party knew or should have known of the fraud at the time the contract was concluded.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Then it becomes culpa in contrahendo , misleading someone to obligate.Long story short: They can't get away from a default without giving Warcraft III: Reforged (included graphics and promised features) or they are willing to face lawsuits
They have given some of the promised features already. You can use Lua in Warcraft III right now.

I am also pretty sure you are entitled to claim a refund. However if this leaves your account in good standing with Blizzard I do not know.

This is why I have not preordered. Oh yes I will get Reforged, but not until at least closer to release.

They have given some of the promised features already. You can use Lua in Warcraft III right now.

I am also pretty sure you are entitled to claim a refund. However if this leaves your account in good standing with Blizzard I do not know.

This is why I have not preordered. Oh yes I will get Reforged, but not until at least closer to release.

The 'building' part of the contract is 'Warcraft III: Reforged that releases on or before 31st December 2019', so if they use that Lua arguement the your counter is pretty simple: Art.26-Art. 28 they can't run away with those kind of excuses but also I'm sure they won't have any need to do it and probably they'll have it ready for Blizzcon knowing they did not fail to meet their dates before and I'm pretty sure they won't risk it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The 'building' part of the contract is 'Warcraft III: Reforged that releases on or before 31st December 2019', so if they use that Lua arguement the your counter is pretty simple: Art.26-Art. 28 they can't run away with those kind of excuses but also I'm sure they won't have any need to do it and probably they'll have it ready for Blizzcon knowing they did not fail to meet their dates before and I'm pretty sure they won't risk it.
They can slap on the Reforged name tag at anytime. Additionally people are entitled to refunds if they are not happy.

They can slap on the Reforged name tag at anytime. Additionally people are entitled to refunds if they are not happy.

Yet again it does not change the fact of it being sentenced as Art.28, it's result is not a refound btw but a negative loss and again I'm pretty sure those stuff will not be the case Blizzard would never break their part of promise of delivery on 2019 especially after their Q3 reports to their shareholders stating 'Reforged will release this year and will increase stocks' but just saying that it is not easy to circumvent an obligation you made with slaping a name on the old product.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Yet again it does not change the fact of it being sentenced as Art.28, it's result is not a refound btw but a negative loss and again I'm pretty sure those stuff will not be the case Blizzard would never break their part of promise of delivery on 2019 especially after their Q3 reports to their shareholders stating 'Reforged will release this year and will increase stocks' but just saying that it is not easy to circumvent an obligation you made with slaping a name on the old product.
Yes they will just deliver the game in effectively a pre-release state and then patch it in afterwards. The graphics are mostly ready after all.

Level 1
I've played WC3 1.30 and 1.31 on both Windows 7 as well as on Windows 10 but the game does not work properly unless I create a shortcut of the .exe file and add -graphicsapi Direct3D9 into shortcut target properties. Here is a list of issues that should be addressed for the next update:

1. WC3 worked fine for every update 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 until 1.31 came out in June and I was forced to use a shortcut and add -graphicsapi Direct3D9 to the target box in properties otherwise the game would crash. After every game I play now I have to open task manager to force WC3 to close because it won't go back to Bnet lobby after a game ends.

2. MyMGN created a reconnection tool called GProxy DLL on their website that supported wc3 up to 1.29.2 Even though I didn't disconnect very often GProxy reconnected me automatically to the online game that I disconnected from, until my internet connection was restored, up to 5 minutes later.

3. You should allow major clans like Clan ENT to register an official Hosting service similar to bots that would allow them to record stats of individual players for ranked games like Dota and Legion TD Mega for competitive gaming and also IP ban abusers and map hackers. Clan ENT has records of gaming stats and bans on their website. Clan VFG was also a major Vampirism Fire community that had official stats that were lost after bots were removed.

4. Bots had customized commands so players could view stats of themselves and other players and Administrators also had special commands for maintaining their servers and banning players who deserved to be. The commands you can use nowadays on 1.31.1 hosted games are very limited. Without bots you have given the game over to wild west style of play where map hackers, abusers and cheaters flourish without any repercussions. You can't even kick a player out of a game if they are ruining the game. Although players from Clan VFG still hosts Vampirism Fire games and have a command where if you type -kick blue, for example, players can type -yes and that player can be kicked out. Now map developers have to customize kick commands in their maps to boot players instead of being able to use !votekick command like in bots.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I've played WC3 1.30 and 1.31 on both Windows 7 as well as on Windows 10 but the game does not work properly unless I create a shortcut of the .exe file and add -graphicsapi Direct3D9 into shortcut target properties. Here is a list of issues that should be addressed for the next update:

1. WC3 worked fine for every update 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 until 1.31 came out in June and I was forced to use a shortcut and add -graphicsapi Direct3D9 to the target box in properties otherwise the game would crash. After every game I play now I have to open task manager to force WC3 to close because it won't go back to Bnet lobby after a game ends.
That is likely due to your graphic driver or graphic accelerator having poor D3D11 support. Cannot really blame Blizzard for that as D3D9 support will be dropped soon, as it was with most Blizzard games.
3. You should allow major clans like Clan ENT to register an official Hosting service similar to bots that would allow them to record stats of individual players for ranked games like Dota and Legion TD Mega for competitive gaming and also IP ban abusers and map hackers. Clan ENT has records of gaming stats and bans on their website. Clan VFG was also a major Vampirism Fire community that had official stats that were lost after bots were removed.
IP bans are not effective for logical reasons. Most users have dynamic IP addresses.
You can't even kick a player out of a game if they are ruining the game.
Which is kind of intentional. Unless the map was designed around kicking such players it is not fair to allow players to do this and it could break many maps.

a)official release on blizzcon,beta in few days xD? b) beta at blizzcon ,official release around chatolic christmas c)no beta at all

Still i think 31.12.2019 is not just a phrase i think its rather "until", and that 2nd november official release could be circumvent somehow.

Considering no news for 10 months and last patch testimony directly from dev, lead us to conclude they are in a trouble and a hurry.

This is why by realeasing the beta at blizzcon i think they can find a solid alibi with next 2 reasons :

1. I believe whole art job will be done until blizzcon in such a state nearly/as official release

2.Tehnically we are already in beta considering gameplay + they have time until blizzcon to do reforged only patch

Which might means that we will face "beta" almsot as full game ? But is that beta xD, and is this a practice seen yet i rly dont know

Anyway if that scenario happens (and i believe it can happen only due tremendous problems),it will give them 2 months time for official release around chatolic christmas.

Which would be more or less just patching the "finished" product ( by that time art is done,bnet integration done,engine done etc)

I dont know damn,i just dont wanna believe they will do official release without us tasting "beta", after what they would just patch it xD..

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
But the graphics in Warcraft 3 now don't even utilize Dx11 :]
@EredarArbeiterYU: as of this writing, they still do not really require any D3D9 feature either imho. Nor any D3D8 one afaik.

Despite the fact that the original official requirements for WC3 mention a "8 MB 3D video card [...] with DirectX® 8.1 support", and also despite the fact that d3d8.dll is used by WC3 up to and including v1.26a, the list of officially supported video cards in 2002 shows that Blizzard was targeting Direct3D 6.0 / OpenGL 1.2 (or even 1.1?) compliant 3D accelerated hardware from the 1998-2000s era, such as (at worst) the Nvidia Riva TNT, the Intel i810 family of chipsets, the 3dfx Voodoo3, or the ATI Rage 128. Blame a four year development cycle which started in 1998, for a different kind of game.

The bump to D3D9 with happened with v1.27a, was to improve compatibility with Vista and above. As OSes get patched, the way they manage compatibility with legacy API might also change. As an example, starting with Windows 10 version 1809, the exclusive fullscreen functionality has been removed from system d3d8.dll according to this thread (it also says it is still possible to get the real fullscreen back, but that this could change in the future).

[...] 1. WC3 worked fine for every update 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 until 1.31 came out in June and I was forced to use a shortcut and add -graphicsapi Direct3D9 to the target box in properties otherwise the game would crash. [...]
@Gerard.: Are your graphics card drivers up to date? Starting with v1.31.0, the game defaults to using D3D11.

Last edited:
Level 5
Maybe they quit on Reforged and are just hoping people will forget and not noticed it will never come lol.
Anyway... I used to think that 31st december was just a placeholder and that it will come sooner, BUT after all the silence I think they will either really put it out on that date or give us a beta or even postpone till Q1 2020. :/

Level 1
Maybe they quit on Reforged and are just hoping people will forget and not noticed it will never come lol.
Anyway... I used to think that 31st december was just a placeholder and that it will come sooner, BUT after all the silence I think they will either really put it out on that date or give us a beta or even postpone till Q1 2020. :/

There wasn't really silence.. there were some unit/hero artworks leaked at a Chinese market I think, plus the fact that Reforged will be one of the games hosted in a tournament in China at the end of November. Honestly, I don't think Blizz would do something scummy like that. They did keep their promise on WoW Classic, so I think they're really set on bringing the whole experience from the past as they intended to last year. Tho, idk if we're gonna see a Beta anymore.. it's too late for that, assuming the game will be released at BlizzCon 2019.

To me its simple to understand at this moment .

1. If no beta official release must be at blizzcon, since they didnt offer #something# tasty to people
In this scenario they will have to mainatain the game and patch it, cause i doubt product will reach some more stable standard.

2.If there is beta, then it will be at blizzcon and it will look like almost finished product and it must be opened beta (cause of pre-pruchase), which they would literally patch it around chatolic christmas and officialy release the game
We will have the game, and we will watch the stream. Its good for both old and new players who are about to buy the game,its good for marketing using their own event

This scenario aligns with rule that blizzard must offer #something# to people who pre-purchase.
And like i said that beta will be more like finshed product than the term we used for it, so there will be no solid argument to ask for refunds.

Also,if they continue to fail with patches etc,they will continue patching the game until they reach some satisfactory stadium.

Last edited:
Level 1
To me its simple to understand at this moment .

1. If no beta official release must be at blizzcon, since they didnt offer #something# tasty to people
In this scenario they will have to mainatain the game and patch it, cause i doubt product will reach some more stable standard.

2.If there is beta, then it will be at blizzcon and it will look like almost finished product and it must be opened beta (cause of pre-pruchase), which they would literally patch it around chatolic christmas and officialy release the game
We will have the game, and we will watch the stream. Its good for both old and new players who are about to buy the game,its good for marketing using their own event

This scenario aligns with rule that blizzard must offer #something# to people who pre-purchase.
And like i said that beta will be more like finshed product than the term we used for it, so there will be no solid argument to ask for refunds.

Also,if they continue to fail with patches etc,they will continue patching the game until they reach some satisfactory stadium.

Yep, pretty much true. We could consider Beta what they've already showed us last year with the Culling of Stratholme scenario. At least, I only think that's what's going on in their minds, something like this: "Ahh.. we also need to release a Beta ? We don't have the time or the resources to prepare something like that for release at this moment.. Let's just assume that what we showed them already is Beta.."

Level 13
Well the way thing look now....
It's not a secret that the situation in Blizzard is not good. The company needs all the cash it can get. Having only one succesful game(Overwatch) is not enough to keep a large company as Blizzard running. So they have to release as much cash grabs as they can. That's why we got WoW Classic and why we're getting Warcraft 3 Reforged. So there definitely will be Reforged.
What is obvious is that Reforged is not Blizzards priority(it's Overwatch). Warcraft related stuff aren't even second most successful Blizzard's game(it's Diablo). It's also obviouse that Reforged is a game with limited budget, that reuses HotS engine, almost all units we've seen thus far look and animate almost exactely like they do in HotS. So I personally expect it to be late and initially with a lot of bugs(last few years Blizzard developed a tendency towards buggy games). Though it "worries" me that there's still no beta. Some people say that it's a good thing and they will release it full, but I'm not convinced/sceptical, it's just not how Blizzard does things.

I'm pretty sure World of Warcraft is more valuable to Blizzard then anything Diablo related.

It is 100% true, especially with the huge success of Classic WoW. To be honest Blizzard can say we will just announce a new WoW Expansion and nothing more on Blizzcon it is enough for them, but probably because of backlash from Diablo Immortal they'll show some D4 news too.

I'm expecting Reforged to be in between of those 2 panels for 10 minutes, Pete will come and say it is released now thank you and gg.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
There wasn't really silence.. there were some unit/hero artworks leaked at a Chinese market I think, plus the fact that Reforged will be one of the games hosted in a tournament in China at the end of November.
Leaks are not official, thus not relevant to as being non-silence.
We could consider Beta what they've already showed us last year with the Culling of Stratholme scenario.
Beta is when mostly everyone can play it.

Level 13
I'm pretty sure World of Warcraft is more valuable to Blizzard then anything Diablo related.
It is 100% true, especially with the huge success of Classic WoW. To be honest Blizzard can say we will just announce a new WoW Expansion and nothing more on Blizzcon it is enough for them, but probably because of backlash from Diablo Immortal they'll show some D4 news too.

I'm expecting Reforged to be in between of those 2 panels for 10 minutes, Pete will come and say it is released now thank you and gg.
I don't agree. Before Classic, WoW was slowely but surely dying. It was their most successful/important game by far during it's prime(WotLK), but after that it's numbers kept going down and down. Blizzard didn't really help with releasing bad expansions. WoD was the point that almost killed it for good. At one point in WoD it started to loose money acctually, and there was talk of ending it. Luckely they descided to risk it and put out Legion an expansion that would rivel WotLK. Legion revitalized it, but not even closely to a point during it's prime, and after that things started to get down again. Now WoW still makes money, it was making money all the time apart for a short moment in WoD, but not really enough as maintaning a large game like that is quite expensive.
Judgeing by how things look now, how successful is Classic opposed to BfA, I wouldn't expect a new expansion anytime soon. I would expect an 8.2.5 and 8.3, maybe 8.3.5 to wrap up the story, but spread over a whole year. I would instead expect more Classic servers and maybe some TBC/WotLK servers.

I don't agree. Before Classic, WoW was slowely but surely dying. It was their most successful/important game by far during it's prime(WotLK), but after that it's numbers kept going down and down. Blizzard didn't really help with releasing bad expansions. WoD was the point that almost killed it for good. At one point in WoD it started to loose money acctually, and there was talk of ending it. Luckely they descided to risk it and put out Legion an expansion that would rivel WotLK. Legion revitalized it, but not even closely to a point during it's prime, and after that things started to get down again. Now WoW still makes money, it was making money all the time apart for a short moment in WoD, but not really enough as maintaning a large game like that is quite expensive.
Judgeing by how things look now, how successful is Classic opposed to BfA, I wouldn't expect a new expansion anytime soon. I would expect an 8.2.5 and 8.3, maybe 8.3.5 to wrap up the story, but spread over a whole year. I would instead expect more Classic servers and maybe some TBC/WotLK servers.

Even though it is not the place to talk it here but 8.2.5 is out by October, 8.3 and 9.0 will be the WoW's talk as usual cause their 'Blizzcon Cycle' are simple 1 year for x.2 announcements other of x.0 announcements

Level 13
Even though it is not the place to talk it here but 8.2.5 is out by October, 8.3 and 9.0 will be the WoW's talk as usual cause their 'Blizzcon Cycle' are simple 1 year for x.2 announcements other of x.0 announcements
I disagree it's not the place, cause Reforged release/patch timing will 99% be timed with WoW's patches/contents so that people could potentially play both(though I doubt anyone will do that). Also many WoW story and retconns will be in Reforged, some maps (e.g Stratholm and Silvermoon) will be redisigned to look like they do in WoW, as well as other elements like voice actors. Besides it's a sequel game, same setting, same story, some spells, Rexxar campaign was basically WoW's prototype, so it's "simmilar" in many ways. And many people came from WoW to WC3 and other way. And I doubt 8.2.5 will be out before January/February judging by PTR state from wowhead.

I disagree it's not the place, cause Reforged release/patch timing will 99% be timed with WoW's patches/contents so that people could potentially play both(though I doubt anyone will do that). Also many WoW story and retconns will be in Reforged as well as other elements like voice actors. Besides it's a sequel game, same setting, same story, some spells, Rexxar campaign was basically WoW's prototype, so it's "simmilar" in many ways. And many people came from WoW to WC3 and other way. And I doubt 8.2.5 will be out before January/February judging by PTR state from wowhead.

It is already stated it is out by October and the anniversary event. And Reforged is just a side project that has next to no importance to Blizzard having a 10 min screen time for Reforged would be a 'great' moment for Reforged because it is basically nothing to Blizzard compared to their any other game.

Level 20
I think that expecting Blizzard to release Reforged "AT" Blizzcon is quite silly.

1. I don't recall Blizzard ever launching a game, a patch, or a PTR/beta during Blizzcon. Maybe there was something, but overall it's not a thing that they "do".

2. It's a bad idea to release a game AT a convention, because:

a) A lot of the developers are away from work, because they attend the convention - and when you launch a new game, there's always a risk of things going sideways, so you need these people in the office to potentially develop and release fixes in a timely manner.

b) It would be a massive middle-finger to their most loyal customers (i.e. people who actually go to Blizzcon) to release a game during the convention and tell them: "oh, we've just released a game and everyone at home can already play it, but you - our "best" customers - will have to wait until you get back home, because... fuck you.

c) It's not really smart from a PR perspective to release something during the convention, because either this thing is going to be overshadowed by other announcements or it will take attention away from whatever it is they are showing at the convention.

So, nope - Blizzcon release is NOT going to happen. My personal guess is that there will be no "beta". Instead they will show a new demo at Blizzcon and announce the release date for late November/early December.

P.S. What I've said is also true for a beta. If there is one, it will either start before (doubt it) or shortly after Blizzcon. Not during it.

Last edited:
I think that expecting Blizzard to release Reforged "AT" Blizzcon is quite silly.

1. I don't recall Blizzard ever launching a game, a patch, or a PTR/beta during Blizzcon. Maybe there was something, but overall it's not a thing that they "do".

a) A lot of the developers are away from work, because they attend the convention - and when you launch a new game, there's always a risk of things going sideways, so you need these people in the office to potentially develop and release fixes in a timely manner.

b) It would be a massive middle-finger to their most loyal customers (i.e. people who actually go to Blizzcon) to release a game during the convention and tell them: "oh, we've just released a game and everyone at home can already play it, but you - our "best" customers - will have to wait until you get back home, because... fuck you.

c) It's not really smart from a PR perspective to release something during the convention, because either this thing is going to be overshadowed by other announcements or it will take attention away from whatever it is they are showing at the convention.

So, nope - Blizzcon release is NOT going to happen. My personal guess is that there will be no "beta". Instead they will show a new demo at Blizzcon and announce the release date for late November/early December.

P.S. What I've said is also true for a beta. If there is one, it will either start before (doubt it) or shortly after Blizzcon. Not during it.

Your story sound convincing to me,you provided arguments which is just rare to see those days.

So beta right before blizzcon i guess or after?

But that demo gameplay they will show us at blizzcon would be small insight o actuall close beta that public never had a chance to see before xD.
That beta would be kinda 100% assets done by the time of blizzcon (i even assume its already done,but lets not hurry)

Level 20
So beta right before blizzcon i guess or after?
As I've said - I generally doubt there will be a "beta", but if there is one I expect it to start within the first week after Blizzcon and last only 2-3 weeks, so that people can potentially check for some gamebreaking issues Blizzard might want to fix before release. Everything else will get patched once the game is out.

P.S. Also... they've said they will release by the end of the year and we still have more than 3 more months until that date. There's no reason to panic yet. Relax :)

Reactions: pyf

Things you said would only make sense if Reforged was a big thing though, it is just a simple side project like SC:R (which was delivered alot better) I'm pretty sure it will be a release at Blizzcon or a day after it's finish. Anyways at October they'll reveal what Blizzcon visual ticket offers to purchasers, if they mention something like 'test Reforged during Blizzcon' or something I'll be giving my money for Blizzard for the first time in 10 years

Level 13

Agree 100% about Blizzcon release. It seems likely that there will be a presentation at Blizzcon, showing some screenshots and some iconic chapter(e.g where Thrall and Jaina fight chaos Grom). Than at the end of presentation they'll say that a beta starts in 10 days, but the attendants are able to play it during the Blizzcon.

However I don't think it'll be a complete/close to release beta. As I said before it's not how Blizzard does things, and it's also not how a game is published, even the most unimportant. It litterally had 0 promotion, and to be releases in few months sounds unrealistic. If there was any promotion, wowhead would have known it, I might have missed the news though.

I think it's far more likely that a beta will be in the early alfa stage of developement, and that it will last for 6-7 monts. So a release in may 2020 sounds far more realistic to me. It will also be bugged a lot in may and will be heavily patched in the next week, so it will be in a playable stage in late june/early july.

That would also allign with my other calculations. With TBC lanching in February, when (most) people get bored with Classic. Then Reforged in May, when (most) people get bored with TBC. And finaly WotLK in august when (most) people get bored with Reforged. Of coursed cause of bugged releases everithing will be a month and a half late, but by January 2021, Blizzard will have accumulated enough funds to last years with Overwatch only(lol).

I do however expect that Reforged will be upgraded post launch with addons(like "Trouble in Pandaria, for 15$ unlock a scenarion to help Chen and Li Li deal with trouble in Pandaria. For just 15$ you get a new hero Li Li with completely new abilities, a bunch of extra melee maps, a new Pandaria tileset, new creeps, and a Pandaren race for a scenario" or "Deaths of Chromie, help Chromie to stop her Death, for just 15$ you get a new hero Chromie with time based abilities, extra creeps, melee maps, new tilesets Uldum and Azuna etc.." and silmilar suff). But only 1 or 2 cause I doubt anyone would buy those. I personally won't and I wouldn't like it, though honestly I wouldn't hate that either.

Level 20
Things you said would only make sense if Reforged was a big thing though
It might not be a big release, but it's still bigger than a lot of patches, betas and PTRs and they don't release these at Blizzcon too, so my arguments still apply, especially a) and b).

I'm pretty sure it will be a release at Blizzcon
But I guess we'll have to agree to agree to disagree on this one - Blizzcon is happening soon, so we'll see who was right :)

Anyways at October they'll reveal what Blizzcon visual ticket offers to purchasers, if they mention something like 'test Reforged during Blizzcon' or something I'll be giving my money for Blizzard for the first time in 10 years
Well, Classic demo was supposedly a big success last year, so I kinda expect that this year's virtual ticket will also include some demo, perhaps for Reforged.

Still, if they have a Reforged demo for Blizzcon it pretty much means the full game won't release during the convention, though.

I think it's far more likely that a beta will be in the early alfa stage of developement, and that it will last for 6-7 monts. So a release in may 2020 sounds far more realistic to me. It will also be bugged a lot in may and will be heavily patched in the next week, so it will be in a playable stage in late june/early july.

Well, Reforged releases before 2019 ends so even if they decide to release a beta right now it will last 3 months max

Level 13
Well, Reforged releases before 2019 ends so even if they decide to release a beta right now it will last 3 months max
I know they said that, but they also said that beta will at the begining 2019. They'll probabaly just keep quiet about that part, it wouldn't be the first time a game is late(nor the last). Besides realeasing a game with 0 promotion, however unimportant it may be, is imo just rediculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.