• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Cant have the amazon race dressing like amazons can we?

This is 2019 better make the night elves all full plate armor.

If they show any skin or booty would have to bring out the outrage brigade to make Blizz repent their sins against the woman

yep, exactly why majority of model designs for the wc3 reforged is ugly, caused its mostly based on WoW colorful and ridiculous armor and weapon designs...

yeah... modern outrage brigade... i wonder why the people who made the wonderwoman movie did not put on a full metal covered armor for Gal Gadot?

still even the undead dark ranger in the orig wc3 does not appear to be a walking zombie robot archer to be fully covered...

Level 34
Yup, they did it, and glad to hear that that wasn't a "modern and edgy guerrilla redesinged" archer, anyway, LemonSky Studios made some weird choices for the models, and i'm still not a fan of their work so far, hope they get a bit more faithful to the old Samwise concepts for the Nelfs, wich were the boldest move desing-wise in the franchise at that time, so far looks like all those nordic-greek-asian mash-up aspects aren't relevant to LSS

Level 14
Youd think blizzard would have a little more going on then the 0 hype or advertising for reforged since its reveal

Then again if my card game , moba, shooter, MMO , and entire "Esports" brand was tanking hard at the rate their games are id be not so concerned about an RTS either.

Modern blizzard enjoying the mess they made for themselves over the last few years it seems.

Maybe bethesda , bioware, and blizzard could gather have a think tank meeting and realise they cant coast on a studios name anymore because the talent has left the building

Cdprojekt is the new bethesda

Larian studios is the new Bioware

Blizzard... wel . Blizzard threw their identity away 10 years ago.

Personally i have to ask everyone.

Why did blizzard think it was a good idea to break. Band aid and continue to break. WC3 when its going to ve a brand new client and standalone game in reforged anyway.

That to me is a questionable deaign choice and pretty jarring to the point i question if they even gave a shit if they ended up breaking eemverything.

Think for a moment if no one decided to update their campaigns.

Ill play reforged for the rts rpg campaign. But at the end of the day non of this damage done to a 15 year old game was needed or asked for.

Last edited:
Ill play reforged for the rts rpg campaign. But at the end of the day non of this damage done to a 15 year old game was needed or asked for.

As someone that probably asked for a HD edition more than anyone else, I agree with it, changes and patches were never asked and made the game worse, and artstyle of the Reforged is an abomination

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
and artstyle of the Reforged is an abomination
I strongly disagree. :peasant-i-object:

Regardless, if you don't like the Reforged graphics, the developers are kind enough to give you the option to choose between the old graphics and the new. So you can stick to the past.

Personally I think the new models look incredible (and I've seen more than most have so far). Just wait and see! Every single model looks amazing! And they are making diffrent variations & animations for many, if not all, models! You gotta appreciate the amount of work the team is putting into Reforged! :peasant-bowing:

Level 5

Personally I think the new models look incredible (and I've seen more than most have so far). Just wait and see! Every single model looks amazing! And they are making diffrent variations & animations for many, if not all, models! You gotta appreciate the amount of work the team is putting into Reforged! :peasant-bowing:

If the art models are based on WoW's childish and ridiculous designs, then IT DOES look horrible, especially when it comes to things like armors, weapons, unit appearances.

One good example out of the soooo many is:

Illidan's warglaives. Illidan's/DH's warglaives design in WC3 appears as an ancient deadly elvish weapon that can cut any enemy with ease, despite the joke panda face easter egg.

Meanwhile in WoW, Illidan's warglaives has been turned into a completely ridiculous cheap version of a green double-edge ligthsaber that appears to be more like a child's toy sword rather than an epic deadly weapon.

Regardless, if you don't like the Reforged graphics, the developers are kind enough to give you the option to choose between the old graphics and the new. So you can stick to the past.

Well I'll never stick to the old graphics otherwise I'lld not want Reforged, I want it to be a artwise loyal to the classic remaster but I know it won't be it is outsourced(not the real problem) with a different artstyle, I think from what I've seen from models I'll be replacing about 75% of them directly with my mods models.

About every single model looking amazing I'll just say 3 things and won't criticize others
1) Footman....................
2) Arthas the anime prince
3) Jaina

Level 14

Theres no chooseing its a standal9ne game.

How do you expect to toggle graphica when the maps are entirely redesigned?

Personally the rebirth wc3 HD mod does the job better then what ive seen on some reforged. For the classic game thats your graphics toggle

Wow...
I think they're letting you switch to the classic game not Reforged with classic graphics?

Lemonsky studios to be precise.

exactly.

Personally the rebirth wc3 HD mod does the job better then what ive seen on some reforged. For the classic game thats your graphics toggle

Thank you :)

Level 14
Heres what you can expect from the future of wc3.

Blizzard trying to monetise Starcraft 1 now with this $10 dlc that looks like a knockoff mobile game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190725-081824_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190725-081824_Chrome.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot_20190725-081735_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190725-081735_Chrome.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
Level 14
I mean, who's making you buy such things if you don't like them? I mean, it's not one skin/model, it's a whole game graphic conversion.

What's with the giraffe?

Must of been some rando youtube ad

Uploaded new SSs after i saw it.

As for why it bothers me.

Well its just typical 2019 blizzard and i find it very telling where blizzard is at these days.

@YourArthas damn man $10 for a flash game skin and you guys never monetised warcraft 3 rebirth. Jajaja

Level 7
Heres what you can expect from the future of wc3.

Blizzard trying to monetise Starcraft 1 now with this $10 dlc that looks like a knockoff mobile game.

Wow, just wow. Do you even know who is Carbot? Calling his graphic DLC for Starcraft "looks like a knockoff mobile game" is a serious insult to the whole Starcraft community who wholeheartedly waited for such a DLC and even crowdfunded a Starcraft 2 mod with his cartoon graphics. Just stop, you clearly too salty and want to bring down Blizz for no reason. The Reforged art style is correct, and the Carbot DLC you insulted is fantastic.

Level 7
Excuse me what? Have you played Warcraft 1 or 2 or 3 or WoW ?
Yes I did, in fact I'm such a huge fan of Warcraft 1 and 2 that I remade them in Starcraft 2 (and previously I worked on a wc2 remake for wc3 too). The art style is good and correct for Warcraft 3 if you know the original concept arts of Warcraft 3.

Yes I did, in fact I'm such a huge fan of Warcraft 1 and 2 that I remade them in Starcraft 2 (and previously I worked on a wc2 remake for wc3 too). The art style is good and correct for Warcraft 3 if you know the original concept arts of Warcraft 3.

I think you are the chronicles of azeroth guy, I am from Armies of Azeroth mod for Sc2 also Warcraft Rebirth mod's leader for Warcraft III and a member of Chinese HD remake mod Return Of The Storm, I know old concepts really well and I have been working on HD Warcraft III projects for 5 years , can I ask why your art is nothing like Reforged's (yours is alot better) in your mod?

Level 50
Yeah, i don't think so, what i saw so far doesn't look like it follows Samwise's concept art, like, at all :/
Some seemingly were following his stuff, like footman and gnoll, but feel got bit lost when translated to 3d model.

However, to talk about wc3 feel, it is difficult to define it and wc3 itself had style clashing. Mostly between Samwise style and style of other guys who did textures like knight and footman (their style is majority of units from what I remember). But, wc3 feel is more than that, it is a complex mix of those styles + the rush wc3 textures were probably made in to meet the deadline + low poly ''cubism'' + the memory of players who played the game for decade and know every unit by heart.

My opinion is that when people say something got a wc3 feel it means that the resource in question actually simply reminds them of other original one, in other words, we are talking more about accidental counterparts than clear pattern.

I think reforged models are good, maybe too high-poly for RTS, but they are mostly very well made.
Some were boldly shaped regarding proportions and I find it refreshing actually, I don't mind the style they were made in. What I don't like so much is shading on metal, one which makes armor very contrasted, basically creates white and black patches on it.

Level 34
Yeah, i understand, i was replying to the early comment, but i admit that even the in-game models doesn't even follow the old concept art too, and the new models are on the same boat, but then again, i don't want to fall on the hate boat too, but i was hoping for a remake wich could translate the original art properly, like it was supposed to be, but then again, this is Activision and most of the original crew members are gone for good

Level 14
Wow, just wow. Do you even know who is Carbot? Calling his graphic DLC for Starcraft "looks like a knockoff mobile game" is a serious insult to the whole Starcraft community who wholeheartedly waited for such a DLC and even crowdfunded a Starcraft 2 mod with his cartoon graphics. Just stop, you clearly too salty and want to bring down Blizz for no reason. The Reforged art style is correct, and the Carbot DLC you insulted is fantastic.

Why should i car who carbot is and why is a mod $10 is the real question

Level 4

Carbot is making cartoon videos of Blizzard games for about 10-ish years for now. He is very well know specially in the Starcraft and Heroes of the Storm scene and had his own stage in one for the most recent Blizzcons.

I really enjoy his simple and cutesy style, but understand how strange a cartoon RTS can appear (did one of those really ever existed until now?). Don't it looks cheap on SC1, but I agree the main problem is the lack of iddle animations on units, which is a problem of the base game (also his terrains might be too simple).

A bit uneasy on a paid mod as you said, but since Starcraft never seemed to had much of a modding scene, I believe it might be okay since the "mod" is basically made by Blizzard.

Level 14
Carbot is making cartoon videos of Blizzard games for about 10-ish years for now. He is very well know specially in the Starcraft and Heroes of the Storm scene and had his own stage in one for the most recent Blizzcons.

I really enjoy his simple and cutesy style, but understand how strange a cartoon RTS can appear (did one of those really ever existed until now?). Don't it looks cheap on SC1, but I agree the main problem is the lack of iddle animations on units, which is a problem of the base game (also his terrains might be too simple).

A bit uneasy on a paid mod as you said, but since Starcraft never seemed to had much of a modding scene, I believe it might be okay since the "mod" is basically made by Blizzard.

Simplty put. Its a low effort caah grab.

Level 7

Its your problem if you are living under a rock but carbot is a youtuber making exclusively funny short cartoons of Blizzard related games such as Starcraft, WOW, Diablo, Heroes of the Storm, Heartstone etc. He has more than a million subscriber of Blizzard fans and he is extremely popular in the community, made numerious colaboration with Blizzard, this Starcraft DLC which is a huge work is the latest of them. Also its not a mod, its a complete remake of the entire Starcaft 1's graphic.

Level 14
You know it's easy to outright shame it to the wall....

Why don't you train yourself at explaining why it's a low effort cash grab instead of calling it out without arguments? :]

Flash graphics conversion for a """remaster"""of the 1998 RTS Starcraft

Both cost 10$

And your telling me its not a cash grab

FROM BLIZZARD in 2019.

You know whats not a cash grab and does more than a flash graphics conversion?

Stuff like Curse of the Forsaken
Starcraft Mass Recall
Baldurs gate sword coast strategems.

But a RTS flash skin published by blizzard from some random youtuber. Gimme $10

I bet you fell for Bethesdas paid mod PR pitch for "mini DLC" if you defend this jank.
Its your problem if you are living under a rock but carbot is a youtuber making exclusively funny short cartoons of Blizzard related games such as Starcraft, WOW, Diablo, Heroes of the Storm, Heartstone etc. He has more than a million subscriber of Blizzard fans and he is extremely popular in the community, made numerious colaboration with Blizzard, this Starcraft DLC which is a huge work is the latest of them. Also its not a mod, its a complete remake of the entire Starcaft 1's graphic.

Omg i dont give a shit who Carbot is and neither does the vast majority of players.

Fanboy harder for him

And ya. Its a mod and a low effort microtransaction

Last edited:
Level 14
Don't want it. Don't buy it.

Don't attack people for wanting money in a world where money is required to survive.
You have no duty to support them, and they have no duty to make it affordable for you.

I agree. Nothing is free in this world. One time will come we have to pay shade from sunlight and oxygen to breathe in.
Well at least I will be dead at that time.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
You think 30$ for hundreds of new textures is expensive?

There are LoL and CS:GO skins for hundreds of dollars that people buy. People spend hundreds of dollars on cosmetics in WoW (Race/faction changes + mounts) in addition to the mandatory monthly fee + expansions

And don't get me started on the whales in mobile games.

Prices for games hasn't increased for a very long time, while the prices of developing games has increased massively. Crunch time has become a larger and larger practices in the game development industry, and gamedeveloper programmers is amongst the lowest paid type of programmers that are. And I'm sure the same is true for other types of gamedevelopers too. Mid-sized game development companies has practically become history.

So yeah, if anything, games and dlc is way too cheap as it is now.
Dlc, add-ones and loot boxes is a way for game developers to try and avoid increasing game prices.
Loot boxes is predatory as sh*t, but otherwise the complaining is a bit silly given the state of the market.

A lot of people is predicting another video game crash. But that could very well just be alarmism. The market might very well adapt, before we reach that point.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Are you deliberately not thoroughly assessing?
Those are custom campaigns and while there might be much effort for those due to lack of manpower, in terms of graphics, there is nothing you haven't seen before as everything used there was already made priorly.

So, no, you're not writing arguments but an unreasonable rant. If you want to give some feedback, look at the awful "you need Remastered and not just StarCraft first to be able to play Cartooned move".

But please stop spamming this thread with off-topic and use a proper thread for it:
StarCraft: Cartooned

Last edited:
Level 7
Flash graphics conversion for a """remaster"""of the 1998 RTS Starcraft

Both cost 10$

And your telling me its not a cash grab

FROM BLIZZARD in 2019.

Stuff like Curse of the Forsaken
Starcraft Mass Recall
Baldurs gate sword coast strategems.

But a RTS flash skin published by blizzard from some random youtuber. Gimme $10

I bet you fell for Bethesdas paid mod PR pitch for "mini DLC" if you defend this jank.

Omg i dont give a shit who Carbot is and neither does the vast majority of players.

Fanboy harder for him

And ya. Its a mod and a low effort microtransaction
As I already said the vast majority of Starcraft (and other blizzard game) players DO care about him and love him. Seriously, you are embarrassing yourself.

Level 14
Prices for games hasn't increased for a very long time, while the prices of developing games has increased massively. Crunch time has become a larger and larger practices in the game development industry, and gamedeveloper programmers is amongst the lowest paid type of programmers that are. And I'm sure the same is true for other types of gamedevelopers too. Mid-sized game development companies has practically become history.

So yeah, if anything, games and dlc is way too cheap as it is now.
Dlc, add-ones and loot boxes is a way for game developers to try and avoid increasing game prices.
Loot boxes is predatory as sh*t, but otherwise the complaining is a bit silly given the state of the market.

A lot of people is predicting another video game crash. But that could very well just be alarmism. The market might very well adapt, before we reach that point.

There wont be another crash.

Just those certain studios wont see much interest in their future releases.

I mean at this point i think if Bioware was shut down the majority that would be upset 10 years ago would be applauding it in 2019.

View attachment 329249

Dude, he has like over 1m subscribers. How many of those do you think play BlizzEnt games?

How many of those 1 million do you think ever played starcraft brood war

Im gonna say probably less than 5000 being realistic

Its a guy who makes aninations on a youtube channel. Hes gonna get subs but if you think even 10% of his base has an interest in playing RTS you are deluding yourself

Don't want it. Don't buy it.

Don't attack people for wanting money in a world where money is required to survive.
You have no duty to support them, and they have no duty to make it affordable for you.

How will poor activison blizzard survive!!!

Also extra credits is a fucking chump.

Oh no i play the Axis team in a shooter that makes us nornalize Nazi idology

He said that.

Nevermind the entertiee existence of Nintendo refutes his trash tier video nevermind the overwhelmingly MOCKING he faced in his comments for this idiotic video.

Lets not pretend microtransaction filled games made fames better. Those games filled with them are by and far the worst dogshit to disgrace gaming in the last decade

Fallout 76
Anthem
Destiny 2 under activison
Call of duty
Battlefield
Star wars battlefront
Shadows of war
Fallout 4 season pass
Bethesdas "creation club"
Wolfenstein youngblood
Rage 2
All Blizzard Games
Vast majority of ubisoft games

And lets not forget blizzard does it in EVERY GAME but this blizzard curated flash skin for $10 is somehow different.

No its just blizzard being blizzard

You know who doesnt subsidise costs and try to defend it

Larian- cdprojekt- remedy- obsideon entertainment- I.D. Fromsoftware and several pro consumer ones who call out the industry bullshit as greed.

You think 30$ for hundreds of new textures is expensive?

There are LoL and CS:GO skins for hundreds of dollars that people buy. People spend hundreds of dollars on cosmetics in WoW (Race/faction changes + mounts) in addition to the mandatory monthly fee + expansions

And don't get me started on the whales in mobile games.

You already said its yourself. WoW cosmetics
Same company

Just because one thing is more aggregious than others doesnt mitigate it when a company is taking the piss for another quick money grab

And lets not act like this flash skin is any major effort considering the artistic talent Blizzard has at their disposal.

You know what else $10 can get you in 2019. Witcher 1/2/3 on holiday sales.

Anyway im sure viktor wants to send another open love letter to Carbot directed at me so kll wait as ive said my piece.

----
Bonus round

For those about to whine im off topic

No i couldnt be more on topic.

Because you are going to get little bite sized purchasable content all over reforged when it comes out and as long as they can milk you after that

If you think blizzard is going to make a brand new RTS game from the ground up which is exactly what wc3 is since its not a resolution upscale.

Well...

The writing is on the wall with a mobile diablo game on the horizon and all of Starcraft 2s great little $30 skinpacks /voicepacks it sells these days

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69

3dc8e06c7cf4d792d3b4ec2a1cb70cc1.jpg

Hes gonna get subs but if you think even 10% of his base has an interest in playing RTS you are deluding yourself
Not just any, Brood War and StarCraft II.

Is there any Call of Duty game where you play as a German, at least?

Level 34
There wont be another crash.

Just those certain studios wont see much interest in their future releases.

I mean at this point i think if Bioware was shut down the majority that would be upset 10 years ago would be applauding it in 2019.

Im gonna say probably less than 5000 being realistic

Its a guy who makes aninations on a youtube channel. Hes gonna get subs but if you think even 10% of his base has an interest in playing RTS you are deluding yourself

How will poor activison blizzard survive!!!

Also extra credits is a fucking chump.

He said that.

Nevermind the entertiee existence of Nintendo refutes his trash tier video nevermind the overwhelmingly MOCKING he faced in his comments for this idiotic video.

Lets not pretend microtransaction filled games made fames better. Those games filled with them are by and far the worst dogshit to disgrace gaming in the last decade

Fallout 76
Anthem
Destiny 2 under activison
Call of duty
Battlefield
Star wars battlefront
Shadows of war
Fallout 4 season pass
Bethesdas "creation club"
Wolfenstein youngblood
Rage 2
All Blizzard Games
Vast majority of ubisoft games

And lets not forget blizzard does it in EVERY GAME but this blizzard curated flash skin for $10 is somehow different.

No its just blizzard being blizzard

You know who doesnt subsidise costs and try to defend it

Larian- cdprojekt- remedy- obsideon entertainment- I.D. Fromsoftware and several pro consumer ones who call out the industry bullshit as greed.

You already said its yourself. WoW cosmetics
Same company

Just because one thing is more aggregious than others doesnt mitigate it when a company is taking the piss for another quick money grab

And lets not act like this flash skin is any major effort considering the artistic talent Blizzard has at their disposal.

You know what else $10 can get you in 2019. Witcher 1/2/3 on holiday sales.

Anyway im sure viktor wants to send another open love letter to Carbot directed at me so kll wait as ive said my piece.

----
Bonus round

For those about to whine im off topic

No i couldnt be more on topic.

Because you are going to get little bite sized purchasable content all over reforged when it comes out and as long as they can milk you after that

If you think blizzard is going to make a brand new RTS game from the ground up which is exactly what wc3 is since its not a resolution upscale.

Well...

The writing is on the wall with a mobile diablo game on the horizon and all of Starcraft 2s great little $30 skinpacks /voicepacks it sells these days
wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.