1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Artistic/Textures/UI Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Sieben, Nov 4, 2018.

1. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You can for sure, we work together some people likes Hots one, we like BFA one cause it looks more inline with WC3 one, I am not pushing Commedia to use it or not, that's why some of the models differ from each other cause of different tastes, we agree on 90% and disagree on 10%

2. SABREWULF

SABREWULF

Resources:
    Resources:
    do somebody know what type of model format will be used in wc3 reforged?
    in old wc3 was MDX what about the new one?

3. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure what the name will be but I have the confirmation that it will be different and I think it will 99% be called a .m3 but will be a new format of it (sc2,diablo,hots,overwatch all of them uses different up to date versions of .m3 extension)

4. magaracmladi

magaracmladi

Resources:
    Resources:
    that's a sad news for me... but tnx for the info.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  6. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That was the point...

8. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Barracks are real 3d model pasted on reforged gameplay screen.

They are actually awesome,have 3d depth on edges its shape is so realistic and fiting for reforged,and 1 important thing i should not forgot are larger brick samples,that thing make them look cool from air distance.

What people who prefer realistic textures may dont like is that model use handpainted (wow) textures, thats why maybe.

But in demo we see different styles mixed. We will know which style is final when beta comes out

Also probably ending edges on towers roof could look different a bit like they did on WAA towhnhalls-castle-keep , but honestly its far better than metal on reforged roof and pandaria alike curved shape...

Reforged model doesnt have 3d depth it doesnt look strong and fiting for new "realistic" style they claim they do (which they dont,cause they went realistic textures,anime face for arthas and cartoony proportions for some-mainly human models, and flat or toy shaped some-human buildings)

And ye brick samples in reforged are smaller, and they boosted black lines between them but it will never help not even with ultra contrast and realistic textures. Also i saw they nonsense randomize it xD
    It just wont help for RTS

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  9. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry for double post. All i can say for now is probably we are happy with the quality of product, its all that is matters for us in this moment.
    Later on we will provide some suggestion for modifications or changes for some parts,cause i think its not the good moment to do it right now, i think we should enjoy in those news first !
    Well i am happy generally!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Warning : Those pictures does not represent the original quality appareance of model,and they are taken with mobile phone camera from a video beam.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  10. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I wonder why there are 'leaks' out of something that has not even being made yet, even a half of it.

11. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    That Kodo beast looks sad. :/ He's carrying all that shit + the fat orc.

12. czh123

czh123

Resources:
    Resources:
  13. Juveqis

Juveqis

Resources:
    Resources:
    In my opinion, generally speaking, all the new models shown look very good. Personally I think that some of them lack some details, but I can live with it.

However... I think no one can defend Thrall's wolf, it's horrible, I'm sorry.

ThrallReforged.jpg

14. czh123

czh123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes,these models are wonderful,but footman,Jaina(face),and night elf dark ranger looks very strange.

15. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Did Blizzard say they will make more campaigns in Reforged after the Rexxar Campaign?

16. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hello man, I think you wrote the qq article was your source forums or ChinaJoy

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's an update. Plus it's been over 24hs since your last post.

What's with the armour on those poor animals? Tyrande's tiger had none and Thrall's wolf didn't have any on the face. Plus it looks too imperial and heavy for the animal to properly move and keep its head straight.
    It might work on Antonidas' horse because Kirin Tor are usually dandy.
    Night elves have blue hair in Warcraft III, not green. Where's the tiara on Tyrande's head?

Red dragons look like WoW's death wing. I think they should differentiate the dragons more than just colour if they went for "realism".

I'm generally OK with most of them. Some armour on the Huntress panther doesn't hurt since it's mostly a close combat warrior.
    However, the pompous Asian style can still be seen.

18. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Those pictures are from VK russian site and appareantly shooted at ChinaJoy.

To me some models like Thrall look like concept art. So i not sure whats real here, and what freedom they did puting this pictures.
    We dont have any official statements yet.

So take this at your own risks. To me its generally good,i would say some parts could be modified or removed ye but i am afraid in this moment (where we got some news ,even unnoficial) it would be considered as toxic or nitpicking attitude... About quality,it makes me happy thats why i wont tell things about some uneccessery or weird parts

heres the gallery link url

Imgur

19. Juveqis

Juveqis

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is green!

HuntressHair.jpg

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That one, yes but not Tyrande's. I wrote it wrong.

Look, all the Night Elf hair colours in Warcraft III:
    NightElvesHairColours.png

Note: Naisha's hair, although a Huntress (with changed RGB) is not green but more towards gray.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019