• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged Leaked Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'm optimistic. I hope that Reforged will be an opportunity for model makers and texture artists to learn from. Maybe model edits as a start.
Wish I was that optimistic. Unfortunately, I heard roughly the same during SC2 launch. And then it didn't turn out like that. Granted, of course, at least the theme isn't sci-fi this time around.

IDEA: Maybe include solo a myriad of distinct untextured torsos, legs, and other body parts? Modelers could use them as foundations for their own work.​

2) Even more unique models for lore characters including but not limited to: Falric & Marwynn, Sen'jin, Baine, Gavinrad the Dire, Ballador the Bright, Sage Truthbearer, Duke Lionheart, Neeloc Greedyfingers, Zar'jira, Califax, Mephistroth, Anetheron, Rage Winterchill, Mug'thol, Baelgun Flamebeard, Bovan Windtotem, Mogrin, Tagar, Bloodfeather, Kor'gall, and more.
Yeah! AFAIK most of the paladins you mentioned already have a unique model! :)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I mean, this Sylvanas look makes more sense, at least in terms of war gear

wow-png-sylvanas-windrunner-1.png

Level 6
@deepstrasz

Oh, they absolutely are interested in what you do in your spare time. Talent is talent after all. Before you get a job you need a great portfolio and making Reforged models could be a great stepping stone for that. If you can make models like the ones for Reforged in your spare time it shows you have the skills to make money out of this.

Also, some people don't want to make money out of this because they don't want to deal with deadlines and want to make the models exactly as they wish and/or they just want to do this for their enjoyment and to perfect their craft.

Also...

Don't Do Drugs Kids

1clukcayl5t31.png

What about this for the NE archer?

bdabd663a76d5c60dce747bf6e98e7b3.jpg

Sadly all the capes over the shoulders are gone, I've been thinking that it was a design choice but since HotS Maiev has only one static one covering his shoulder to 'fake it' and uses the normie cape on animations I was sure that Blizzard started to consider those as hard to animate and expected the full absence of them in Reforged, sadly I was not wrong Jaina, Archers and Rangers are all missing it

Level 13
I mean, this Sylvanas look makes more sense, at least in terms of war gear

wow-png-sylvanas-windrunner-1.png
Either default Sylvanas from HotS, or this skin (Warchief, HotS again) will be Sylvanas in TfT campaign.

If they are already giving BfA skins as bonuses(Jaina), I would love to see Night Warrior Tyrande and Bfa Thrall.

Level 20
Well, I've watched a couple of games played in Reforged and I have to admit - I'm getting a bit worried, because... looking at the units from the game camera, especially in bigger fights, I sometimes find it pretty difficult to distinguish between units. Now, it might just be me or it's a matter of getting used to the new look, but... I never had a similar impression in the original game.

Anyone else noticed a similar issue?

Level 13
@Venombite nice but why does most stuff these guys do has to have spikes and protruding things? That's like some sort of Freudian thing.
???
You mean Freud the psychologyst? What does anything WC3 related have to do with psychology?
Love the new Elf and Fel Orc buildings and units. They are basically new races.

Fel Orcs look like the Mag'har to me, honestely. And they should be quite the oposite.

Well, I've watched a couple of games played in Reforged and I have to admit - I'm getting a bit worried, because... looking at the units from the game camera, especially in bigger fights, I sometimes find it pretty difficult to distinguish between units. Now, it might just be me or it's a matter of getting used to the new look, but... I never had a similar impression in the original game.

Anyone else felt the same?
If I understood right we haven't seen any Regorged gameplay yet. Those are just datamined models imported into Classic.

Level 20
If I understood right we haven't seen any Regorged gameplay yet. Those are just datamined models imported into Classic.
Perhaps - I have no idea how people are running the Beta client, but at least to me videos like this one:

Seem fairly representative of how Reforged might look in action or at the very least how Reforged models blend together in-game.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Wish I was that optimistic. Unfortunately, I heard roughly the same during SC2 launch. And then it didn't turn out like that. Granted, of course, at least the theme isn't sci-fi this time around.

IDEA: Maybe include solo a myriad of distinct untextured torsos, legs, and other body parts? Modelers could use them as foundations for their own work.​

Yeah! AFAIK most of the paladins you mentioned already have a unique model! :)
We plan on encouraging model makers and texture artists with monetary prizes for contest rewards ;) to get WC3 Reforged modding started

Perhaps - I have no idea how people are running the Beta client, but at least to me videos like this one:

Seem fairly representative of how Reforged might look in action or at the very least how Reforged models blend together in-game.

No those videos are legitily in official beta, we have got the hack that enabes the beta, now the beta has a new build with mostly fixes, it is not hacked yet but probably will be soon.

Level 2
Is someone knows how to view new models with their animations from Reforged in programs like War3 Model Editor?

Level 20
I've just found a video that compares the original Polish unit voices to the ones in Reforged - if anyone's interested, here's a link:

Just a fair warning, the video is a slideshow, but you can hear the voices just fine and if you're familiar with the original, you shouldn't have any issues distinguishing between the old ones and the new.

---

Personally, I think the new ones are a big downgrade from the original. And I'm not saying it, because they're "different" - I've expected that. I'm saying it, because in my opinion most of the new voices are straight up worse, either overacted or bland. A lot of units, especially the orcs, lost their original unique sound and character. And the lines... There's a lot of changes and definetely not for the better. Plus a lot of political corectness "fixes", like replacing the word "ass" with "butt" or avoiding the word "kill".

Sigh.

Luckily I've transitioned to the English version a while ago so this particular "change" doesn't affect me all that much, but looking at what they've done to the Polish voices, I'm scared to hear the English ones.

Last edited:
Level 13
I won't be the one to judge the game before seeing anything official. Some models I like, some I don't, some things I like, some don't. But I won't judge the game as a whole before seeing at least the official beta. Some people are saying it's cracked beta, but I'm simpely not convinced. These videos look nothing like "The Culling" from Blizzcon 2018, they look far more "Classic". They are far too classic for what we've seen in Blizzcon 2018, even feel like Classic's mod. We know for a fact that Reforged will be using "another engine"(acctually WoW's engine from BfA, which is Classics engine but vastly changed and improved), so it should have a different feeling somehow. I don't know, I'll just have to wait and see.

Will I buy the game? Have no clue. I'll just wait and see how is the release going. I have no intention of buying and loosing my nerves with a bugged game. It really depends on how buggy the game is, rather than anything else.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
@Archian
Warcraft III: Reforged Build 13445 Updates - Starting Doors, Gnolls, Lava Spawn
Warcraft III: Reforged High Elf and Blood Elf Models - Sylvanas, Anasterian, Kael'thas
Warcraft III: Reforged Human Models - Arthas with Frostmourne, Uther, Medivh

Isn't Frostmourne a tad bit too big/long? Generally, heroes (melee ones) have long or big weapons. Proudmoore has a proper looking weapon, in what size is concerned.
Antonidas' scepter looks a bit demonic with those runes+especially those curved horns.
As in the original game, those wrist bands don't make sense on water elementals except for team colour.

878065.jpg

Last edited:
@Archian
Warcraft III: Reforged Build 13445 Updates - Starting Doors, Gnolls, Lava Spawn
Warcraft III: Reforged High Elf and Blood Elf Models - Sylvanas, Anasterian, Kael'thas
Warcraft III: Reforged Human Models - Arthas with Frostmourne, Uther, Medivh

Isn't Frostmourne a tad bit too big/long? Generally, heroes (melee ones) have long or big weapons. Proudmoore has a proper looking weapon, in what size is concerned.
Antonidas' scepter looks a bit demonic with those runes+especially those curved horns.
As in the original game, those wrist bands don't make sense on water elementals except for team colour.

View attachment 335605

Where to sign a petitation to make Deepstrasz replace Archian?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It is not about it, it is about giving actual and accurate feedback as a member of 'staff' so far I only see you and Frank doing it
Well, actually, I should shut up :pP I mean be more diplomatic (actually humble) but I can't (or don't want to?) :DD.

Archian has wrote multiple times that he likes the Reforged vibe so that's pretty much his opinion until now meaning there isn't much he'd be willing to criticize on.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Archian has wrote multiple times that he likes the Reforged vibe so that's pretty much his opinion until now meaning there isn't much he'd be willing to criticize on.
Well, actually there are several things I wanna give my feedback about regarding Reforged. But keep in mind that this is not final images. It's not even BETA. These are leaked images of a work-in-progress game.

Still, I know that Blizzard are watching the comments. As these leaks has provided Blizzard the opportunity to get community feedback pre-beta. I will not post my feedback in this thread, though. I will post it in our feedback thread, located here: Reforged - Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Well, actually there are several things I wanna give my feedback about regarding Reforged. But keep in mind that this is not final images. It's not even BETA. These are leaked images of a work-in-progress game.
Sure but by all means put the feedback early so it may count, assuming BlizzEnt is spying on us.
Still, I know that Blizzard are watching the comments. As these leaks has provided Blizzard the opportunity to get community feedback pre-beta. I will not post my feedback in this thread, though. I will post it in our feedback thread, located here:
OK, hope our concerns here (in this thread) are heard as well and do not reside in Gehenna.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
We got new unit called Magma Spawn? Its nice to know..I kinda prefer the old one,its old but still liquid and hot,jsut like lava!
I think the issue is the plastic look and that mustard yellow.
It seems they don't have the origin fire FX.
What's those small pieces in the picture above, the pieces from their death in the lower picture or something dropping out of them as they move?

Level 8
Well, actually, I should shut up :pP I mean be more diplomatic (actually humble) but I can't (or don't want to?) :DD.
Don't shut up! Now as we stand at the brink of Reforged we should be as critical and as loud as it get to get heard if we want to get a game we desire. I think this concerns everyone who a least pretends to care about the game. As Archian has stated it's not even a beta. Can't argue with that.? but blizzard know there are data miners and the thing Blizz uploads is sure to be seen, so there are opinions to be given.

Don't shut up! Now as we stand at the brink of Reforged we should be as critical and as loud as it get to get heard if we want to get a game we desire. I think this concerns everyone who a least pretends to care about the game. As Archian has stated it's not even a beta. Can't argue with that.? but blizzard know there are data miners and the thing Blizz uploads is sure to be seen, so there are opinions to be given.

The beta being up is intentional btw, and it is beta for real, so yes we have to be vocal and voice our concerns louder than ever. And yes Deepstrasz is doing it from an authority position and it is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.