• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voice Acting Contest #1 - Deity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
voiceactingcontest.png

Voice Acting Contest: Deity

Greetings fellow audio artists. Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to create the most Epic and Amazing voice you can. Imagine what a deity or other ethereal being would sound like and record yourself acting the part, such as: angels, demons, gods, spirits, etc...

Not only must you summon your finest vocal prowess but also use any audio effects at your disposal.

Rules
  • You must write or choose a phrase to speak, no longer than 30 seconds.
  • You may use any tools and software you legitimately own.
  • You must create all audio on your own. No using audio from anywhere else.
  • Your submission must be MP3 format. Please use a bitrate of at least 128Kbps.
  • You must submit your audio files privately to me, as we shall hold an anonymous vote. Posting your work publicly before the contest has completely may result in disqualification.

Criteria
Your work will get judged by the following:
CriteriaDescriptionMarks
ActingThe quality of your acting and delivery (Judged)/10
InnovationThe originality and innovation of the voice you create (Judged)/10
Public OpinionBased on a public poll/10

Submissions
To join the contest, simply post in this thread stating you wish to participate.
Once you are ready to submit your recording for the contest please send it directly to me privately. Do not post it publicly. The public poll (worth 33% of your score) will be somewhat anonymous. Other members will get to choose their favorite voice without necessarily knowing to whom it belongs until after the voting ends.

You should post your audio to the Pastebin (select "Long Time") then send me a link by private message. Please do not share your audio with anyone else until after the voting is finished.

Deadline
Send your submission by December 25th 23:59 GMT/UTC. Public voting will take place the week after that and the winners announced on January 1st.

Prizes
Winners shall receive the following prizes:
:fp: 1st place: 30 reputation points, and a special award icon.
:fp: 2nd place: 15 reputation points.
:fp: 3rd place: 5 reputation points.

Contestants
To join the contest, simply post in this thread stating you wish to participate. Remember to keep your recordings secret. :wink:

Current Contestants:
  • Elenai - (Submitted)
  • shamanyouranus - (Submitted)
  • zombie2279 - (Submitted)
  • NearbyHermit - (Submitted)
  • Dan van Ohllus - (Submitted)
  • CYD - (Submitted)
  • Scyth-Master - (Submitted)
  • Septimus - (Submitted)
  • LiOneSS - (Submitted)

No submission:
  • bounty hunter2
  • Linaze
  • anarchianbedlam
  • MadseN
  • LordDz
  • Nbah

Last edited:
Level 14
ragingspeedhorn said:
I just don't see how that adds up.
Who cares, man. A contest is a contest is a contest. It's not like those maps submitted to the paired map contest honestly should've taken more than a weekend of dedicated work. I expect you to argue that point, but I've done it before for mapping contests hosted on other websites, so I'd know.

Level 35
I'm not a professional voice actor, but I've done a few things in the past. The only problem is that I don't have any good voice editing tools.

Anyway, I'm in.

EDIT: I have to do one simple line, going on for thirty seconds, right? Also, can I add special effects?

Level 15
Thanks to everyone who has joined so far! :smile:

As for some of the questions in this thread...
  • This isn't simply recording your voice. It's focused on delivery, acting quality, and the creative and best sounding special audio effects. If the awards seem a bit high, you are welcome to not participate if you don't agree. :wink:
  • Yes, you can use any sort of audio effects you want. Just don't over-do it. We still want to hear your voice.

Samuraid, I wasn't planning on entering, so your subtle, yet clear, attempt at mocking me is of no effect.

And Dusk, while you might be right, I still dissagree. Anyway it's not that big a deal, it was merely an inquiry.

And Septimus, I'ts not per say easy, I know that. But it doesn't take a whole lot of time, no matter how good or bad you are.

Level 15
Samuraid, I wasn't planning on entering, so your subtle, yet clear, attempt at mocking me is of no effect.

You misunderstand. I was not mocking you at all.

However, I ask you to please contribute constructively to this thread, or hold your peace. Thanks.
(Please PM me if you want to discuss this further.)

CYD

CYD

Level 4
I would like to participate. It's too bad I don't have my studio microphone yet ... but i'll try to do my best with my built-in mic.

Question : does it have to be in english, or can I speak in my mother tongue - eventually with a written translation ? If not, is it a problem if the accent seems a little ... unusual ?

Level 15
I would like to participate. It's too bad I don't have my studio microphone yet ... but i'll try to do my best with my built-in mic.

Question : does it have to be in english, or can I speak in my mother tongue - eventually with a written translation ? If not, is it a problem if the accent seems a little ... unusual ?
Welcome to the contest! You may use a different language if you prefer, but a translation would be appreciated. :smile:

I would love to join, atm i dont know what voice ill do or if ill have time, but hey, it's wortha a shot, also, quick clarification, can you submit 1 audio clip with multiple voices? or is it 1 AND ONLY 1!!?
Welcome to the contest! You may have multiple voices in the clip if you want, but you need to have one main voice that will be your submission to the contest.

I'd like to participate, long time since i did something around hiveworkshop :wink:

/MadseN
Welcome to the contest!

Sign me up!
Welcome to the contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.