• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voice Acting Contest #3 - Racial Warning Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yarr harr, I might join if I find a mic.

Level 10
I've got two fairly mediocre microphones, but I got one for telephones recently, though, I think that I've got a jack for it on my laptop, seeing that I am not at home yet, I can't test it, but does anyone know if it would work with my computer?

Edit: Now that I am home again I've found out that my jack wasn't 3.5".

Last edited:
Level 3
I haven't started yet, still searching a place at home where I COULD be alone and not sound stupid while i say "Need more Gold... Need more Mana... Need more LUMBER!"... This proves that living alone is the best way to live.

Thank God! One who understands my pain... :( (LoL)
Been tryin' to do some Audio for my map... but I feel soooo weird when I have to say certain things and someone is there.... :vw_death:

Level 4
Oh, heh, i forgot what a pain in the ass it was to find that. I'll attach it to the first post for you

EDIT: ok, the "lame_enc.dll" file is now on the first post. hope you guys find it helpful :D
there is some button to download it in audacity actually, iirc its when you are changing options to save sound

Level 26
images

Level 3
guyz guyz! You forggot about Naga race? They have special and different sounds from other races.

That's odd... I don't seem to remember seeing any comments referring to any races being left out... In fact... I believe I saw at least 20 implying, and stating outright, that all races, (Warcraft, and not) are included, so long as the words in the audio file, fit the theme... >_>... Interesting.

Level 26
Level 5
Yay! If deadline is extended I'll try to finally record something. Actually my biggest problem is making original phrases which will mean what they have to mean. Because "we need more vodka" makes no sense about what is really needed.

Level 3
I might join this contest, since I got a mic this time, for fun. I think I'll make something during weekend. Also, we don't necessarily have to use Gold or Lumber as our resources, can we use, for example: "Not enough minerals!", "Not enough dirt!", "Not enough zirconium flour!" and such?

I smell an angry Anarch on the loose, he's had enough with dumb questions...

Level 26
I smell an angry Anarch on the loose, he's had enough with dumb questions...

its not a dumb question, id be more mad at dumb comments like that ^
:D

friky, yes feel free to change the resource, as long as it fits your theme/voice.

i dont think that wc3 orcs would be using plutonium as a resource, and i dont think undead would be need apple pies as a resource etc.

Level 3
its not a dumb question, id be more mad at dumb comments like that ^
:D

friky, yes feel free to change the resource, as long as it fits your theme/voice.

i dont think that wc3 orcs would be using plutonium as a resource, and i dont think undead would be need apple pies as a resource etc.
o.o... I thought plutonium fit the orcs perfectly. *shrugs* Well, guess I don't know much... I knew school was a waste.

Level 34
This is why I'm asking:
Creativity - Is the dialogue unique and interesting? Or did the contestant just repeat the ingame warnings?
Script - How well do the lines fit the race? Are the things it says clever, or just generic?
If I use Gold and Lumber, would that be too generic, not unique and not interesting, or just normally acceptable without losing any points because of that? Let's say I will, but I won't, make voices for a Ghost Race that consists of Ghost units and heroes etc. They'll probably use some sort of Souls, Energy, Mana, Essence of Life, Soul Stone or something like that as their resources, they wouldn't have much use of Gold and Lumber. I know, there aren't any of those in regular Wc3 maps, so my voices would be kind of useless, unless someone makes an altered melee map or something with those resources. But then again, no one is really going to use my voice for their map, as this is just for a contest.
Am I right?

Level 26
o.o... I thought plutonium fit the orcs perfectly. *shrugs* Well, guess I don't know much... I knew school was a waste.

plutonium fits orks, not orcs

This is why I'm asking:If I use Gold and Lumber, would that be too generic, not unique and not interesting, or just normally acceptable without losing any points because of that? Let's say I will, but I won't, make voices for a Ghost Race that consists of Ghost units and heroes etc. They'll probably use some sort of Souls, Energy, Mana, Essence of Life, Soul Stone or something like that as their resources, they wouldn't have much use of Gold and Lumber. I know, there aren't any of those in regular Wc3 maps, so my voices would be kind of useless, unless someone makes an altered melee map or something with those resources. But then again, no one is really going to use my voice for their map, as this is just for a contest.
Am I right?

152290-albums4710-picture46538.jpg

you are overthinking this..... who gives a fuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.