• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voice Acting Contest #2 - Custom Unit Sound-sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
@anarchianbedlam: You can stop taking the things I say in real life and putting them into this thread. I'm the host and I can do it myself.

Anyway, back to business. As anarchianbedlam shamelessly said before I could, you're going to be able to submit your WIPs to Pyritie for the first WIP spam this Saturday the 27th. So what's going to happen is, you send your WIPs to Pyritie in a private message, and he will post all of the WIPs in one post to keep things organized. All of the WIPs will be kept anonymous and such. Does this sound good? Good

Level 9
By the way, can we submit more than just 2 Pissed sounds for the unit of choice? I understand there is a minimum requirement but is there a cap for the maximum, because most soundsets that have Pissed sounds usually have around 4 or 5 of them.

Level 18
You could add accent! like trolls have Jamaican accent you could to a model with a cool accent from where your from! :D Don't let poor English stop you! English is the only language that I know and I failed it in high school so don't use that as an excuse xD

someone should make one for my goblin model :p if it gets approved... idk why it isn't yet...

I'm not that good in voice acting but is a troll voice a bit like this?

Attachments

• 'The armani.mp3
    80 KB · Views: 78
Level 18
if you really wana know. i like troll voices and since shortly i started voice acting and so i whas looking in this thread and found that post of forgotten_warlord i just want his opinion. next time i shall PM him and not post it since you make a big consern out of it XD

Level 9
What i dont get is where im suppose to start off with my sound, where exactly do i get a sound to start with?

xzibit.jpg

Level 9
I've decided to extend the first WIP spam deadline to two weeks from now, Saturday April 10. This way we can get more, higher quality WIPs coming in. Alrighty, have at it.

I vote we stop calling deadlines deadlines, its time we have a new name for dates in which something is to be submitted in since deadline doesn't really have a meaning if its extended constantly in just about every kind of contest.

Level 9
I say no WIP deadlines, just gimme them when you have them and once I have enough I'll post them.

EDIT: I have two peoples' WIPs so far.

Wow that is vastly disappointing that only one other person can follow a deadline, well doesn't matter, the undead line has taken over and is moving around all over the place, does that mean the contest will only end whenever you decide there are enough submissions?

-sigh-

@Darkness-4ever: The WIP submission has nothing to do with the deadline of the contest. The only reason I extended the time people had to submit a WIP was because it would be awfully pointless to even have a WIP submission if there barely are any submissions. The whole purpose of this submission idea is that multiple entrants can show off their near-complete entries and get feedback while still keeping everything anonymous.
This entire WIP thing is optional, you do not need to submit a WIP. I just thought it might be helpful, which it can not be if nobody has enough time to submit one.

@Pyritie: I think that having a deadline is much easier. Contestants definitely don't need to wait till the deadline to send them to you, but it gives people an idea of when to send them to you, so that it's easier for you to compile and post them. Also, it doesn't make the entrants feel rushed. If I knew that you were going to post the WIPs as soon as you got "enough" I'd get a little bit anxious. Not wanting to be left out I'd be thinking "Crap, I really need to finish this WIP before everyone else does so I can get it to Py." This way the contestants know exactly when the WIPs are due and when they're going to be posted.
Ok, do we all understand? Good

Darkness-4ever, even though I have been keeping myself updated with the Contest Submission and proposed a voice acting contest myself, I didn't know this was about to actually happen, when suddenly, one day shamanyouranus opened an actual contest. Even though I did use to have a clue of what I'm for (model/race/anything for any possible theme), I still can't provide a WIP, because I am currently focused on something else. So, I find it very logical for the WIPs' deadline to push over. What is more, like shamanyouranus stated, it's about WIPs' deadline, not contest's.

Last edited:
Level 2
Im gunna try the contest!!! Im gunna make a voice for the Fel Orc Rampager. Hopefully I win cuz it sounds like not too many people are gonna do it. ): I dont see why anyone wouldnt want to do the voice contest. I mean srsly, how hard could it be to record your self and put it on the computer. Well ima goin to work on it now!!! Ima gonna use my MP3 Player cuz it has a mic that i can use!!! Pretty shnazzy.........

EDIT: Ummm... nvm, my mic crackles to much so you cant hear wut i completley what i say... oh well... at least i tried!!! ):

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.