• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voice Acting Contest #2 - Custom Unit Sound-sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I'm On ! My voice is most awesome here... it scares me :S.

I've never been in a hive competition before.
But i am just putting the sounds death,born,etc in pastebin and saying the name of the creature and i'm sending message to pyrite ?

Last edited:
Level 18
Even though it's not in the rules, I think the idea is to have everything as a separate audio file, named after which it is supposed to present (e.g.: Yes1.MP3, Yes2.MP3, Yes3.MP3, YesAttack1.MP3, etc.). In-game, everything is separated as such files as well, which is the whole idea of voice acting.

Level 9
I could do this but I aint got the time for it....And it is not realy something I want to be good at (need to practise at). I whould join a texturing contest because I want to get better at doing textures.

EDIT: I vote that you should show the WIP's too pyritie :D (can I call you pyr =) ?)

Unfortunately, people didn't show enough of interest. I suggest you showed the WIPs (up to what shamanyouranus also tells you), but keep the WIPs' submission open. We don't have many days left anyway. Uh, come on people, don't make moderators biased that this type of contest will be a fail, as always (this is what's said for the Cinematic ones). :(

Level 18
5 WIPs make this anonymous enough. If you post them, people will notice this contest is active again. So if you post them right now, we can (like SYA said) PM more WIPs without posting here that we PMed a WIP, so everything stays anonymous and people will notice that this contest is still active.

I mean let's be honest: Nobody likes to join a contest that already seems dead. So just post the WIPs and it'll show that it's alive!

Level 18
Review:

Fel Orc Rampager
Good deep voice. Fitting with a Fel Orc. The only thing I'd say is redo yesattack2. This time with less consumption :p

Old Man
The way you make him sound is good, but you should have the proper lines as mentioned in the first post. And don't make every line last 5 minutes. Just a few seconds will do the job. Imagine you moving that unit 5 times in 10 seconds. I'd become crazy if I heard that much speech for every time I moved it.

Robot
You make a good robot voice there, but I can't hear anything of what's being said. I think that submission would not be allowed, since I don't mainly hear your voice.

Tree Golem
Sounds very nice. Keep up the good work!

Undead Knight
Most of it sounds good, but the first doesn't have any text in it, and the 8th is "No-one orders me around", which is already an existing Warcraft unit's text. You have to change that.

ok people... here i go:
---Robot---
Speach have some noises that shuldnt be inside (parasites). Need to power up it a bit (volume is low). I gues filters cause parasites.
---Fell Orc rampager---
I can hear breath. The burping voice is overdone... warcraft Orcs doesnt speek like that. Also I dont got last "yes" sound. Keep microphone away from mouth.
---TreeGolem---
Overfiltered and parasite noises killing it. Also last words are hardly understandable, because delay destroy them and they are at lower tone than previus. "S" and "T" with filters are killing ears. Stadium effe is bad idea... it kinda doent sound right... like you in huge cave.
---OldMan---
Sounds good. I hear boiling at BG. Well I dont know what hero it will be. At start the old man is like woke up after heart stop ^^ but rest is just fine. It seems like Pissed sound.
---UndeadKnight---
I this is overfiltered again. I think the best thing in voice must be artistizm and not filters. It is on good way. Shup da filterz plx.

EDIT: I want to get in contest.

Last edited:
Level 18
We all know what the point of anonymity is here. To keep the polls fair and not 'he has most rep, so I vote for him'. Besides, there's no point in commenting on comment on your own work. If someone said something that is incorrectly interpreted, then you know you can ignore that and do something about the other comments on your WIP. If there are no other comments, you may assume there are none and your WIP is good by their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.