• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voice Acting Contest #1 POLL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Voice Acting Contest: Deity

Greetings everyone! The goal of this voice acting contest involved making the best ethereal voice possible (such as an angel, demon, or god-like voice). 9 of our esteemed voice actors have submitted their voices for review.

Please listen to their fine submissions here and place your votes!
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/apps.php?p=voicepoll

The poll will close at the end of 2008, at 23:59 on December 31st (Pacific USA time). Winners will be announced on January 1st, 2009!

You can read more about the contest here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f226/voice-acting-contest-1-a-109969/

The poll is now closed. Votes will be counted and scores posted soon. :smile:

Last edited:
#1 was good but the echoes made it kinda hard to hear what the person was saying.
#2 sorta had the same problem but the main voice was clearer, methinks.
#3 was just... ugh. Couldn't understand much and just sounded awful. Too many effects.
#4 sounded like something out of WC3. I liked it. :D
#5 didn't really sound like a god. :p
#6 had some good effects but it was a little hard to hear what he was saying.
#7 sounded good. Sounded like some powerful orc or something, I dunno.
#8 was funny but didn't really reflect the theme. :p
#9 sounded very good but again, I couldn't really hear anything he was saying. :p

I vote for #4 and #7.

EDIT: oh wait, 3 votes minimum? Um. #6?

CYD

CYD

Level 4
Sorry about that, I uploaded the wrong file. Nietzsche has confused my brain.

1 : Rather nice.Sound demonic enought but it's too slow.

2 : Nice effect.It's too quiet for someone speaking on a battlefield under enemy fire and all, he should cry.the pilot voice is nice.Need more talky-walky noise while they're speaking it's too clean.

3 : It's in french.It's rather nice for a french voice acting.Sometime I hear your saliva it's rather sex o_O.Nice creepy effect and serious tone.But since you made it in your mother tongue it's a bit unfair because most of other contestant made it in english though it's not their mother tongue.And It's harder to judge for people who don't speak french.

4 : Well made but nothing special I guess it's somekind of angel voice.Sound like a normal human voice beside the eccho effect.

5 : Nicely made It's a night elf right? I can hear your saliva as well (a lot).The voice sounds a bit too young.

6 : wtf?-ish.It's too noisy.Is it an alien?

7 : It's an orc right?Sounds good but it should be more deepthroat/broken.

8 : I lol'd. I suppose it's a peasant.But surprisingly it doesn't sound stupid enought beside the stress you should work the tone.Sounds too young aswell.

9 : The demon voice isn't loud enought.But nice effect and demonish.

It seems it's a well balanced contest.There's no one ubber all others (except entry 6 xD).

Level 18
@1 Made my ears explode. It was a bit freaky.
@2 This sounded cool, althought a bit roboty. +
@3 Yes master lol Sounded Chinese, but not realy warcraftish
@4 This one is realy good, although I didn't quite understand it. +
@5 I didn't like the echo, sounded like a song.
@6 I loled at this. It was good but no real emotions put in it. :/
@7 1 minute = rules violation :/
@8 40 seconds = rules violation :/
@9 heh this reminds me on the Raven by Edgar Poe... nicely done +

My votes go on 2,4 and 9. 2 wouldn't be my primary choice but 7 and 8 that were good aswell went over 30 seconds.

Level 15
errr... Samuraid...

And many of them are longer than that. Anyway, my favourite was #1, it's really incredible! I almost though it was the real doomguard voice from warcraft =)
I realize that. Some points on the judging scores will reflect how closely each submission followed the rules, both in terms of the length of each clip and whether the voice had the right contest theme or not.

And yes, the voting choices are randomized. (I could really use an "evil laugh" smiley right now. :wink: )

I could really use an "evil laugh" smiley right now. :wink:

mwahaha.gif
?

Level 5
I thought all of em sounded quite bad, no offence to anyone, but I was expecting something strong and like more screaming like "WHO DARES ENTER MY LAIR!?"
it was more harmony in everything like "welcome to my lair, oh I just wooke up, I had a nice sleepy time"-kinda impression.

Tho the thrall guy, was really nice, strong leader :) He sounded like thrall, I think, my opinion, he had nice stuffy going on.
And the french one was really nice. :)

Level 5
You know, deities can be good. Like elune for example, the night elves are her children and she is gentle to them

Of course, but let's just say it wasn't my cup of tea.
I was really excited to hear that really evil horror demon, ruling.
Everyone seemed to choose that elune mother.

Really not my cup of tea so to speak because I like to be the guy who slaughters the elune mother in a cruel way.

Wow, less epic then I had hoped. There were two that were extremely epic and used ambient sounds, those ones made my entry sound like shit. To the other ones, they either had too many effects, or DIDN'T FIT THE THEME AT ALL! And what is going to become of the people's entries that went over 30 seconds? Good job my friends, this is going to be a close one.

Oh hey, when will the voting end?

Level 15
and what is going to become of the people's entries that went over 30 seconds?

some points on the judging scores will reflect how closely each submission followed the rules, both in terms of the length of each clip and whether the voice had the right contest theme or not.

oh hey, when will the voting end?

first post said:
the poll will close at the end of 2008, at 23:59 on december 31st (pacific usa time). Winners will be announced on january 1st, 2009!

. .

Level 11
I voted for the french guy, the one with the whole armageddon-y monologue, and the way over-effects-ed one, because it had that terrible brain-fucking quality that totally would fit some sort of chaotic monster god.

CYD

CYD

Level 4
Random ramblings about death, darkness and other dark lord stuff. Not much to understand. Its just the France french accent sounds a lot less manly to French-Canadians.

You do realize you're talking about one of the greatest literary works of history ?

Ever heard about Frederic Nietzsche ? Culture ? Art ?

Allez, à bientôt, cousin.

Level 11
And now for critiques, cuz i had to go someplace before I finished writing that last post. XD

The battlefield one was kinda wooden sounding, probly not english speaking, so thats not so much the issue, I guess. But I didn't get how it fit the theme at all.
The girl's voice is far to bright for the whole 'come children of the night' sort of thing. It wouldve worked better in a smoother, lower voice, or a high screechy one. It fell in between and just sounded like 'meh.'
The peasant-ish one was lame, duh. :p
Aaand I kinda forget the rest. Anyways, thats my two pesetos.

Status
Not open for further replies.