• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Contest #2 Poll

Which entry do you think should win the Mini-Game Contest #2?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
The Hive Workshop's
Mini-Game Contest #2 Poll

Welcome to the poll for the Mini-Game Contest #2! Here you can vote for your favorite entries in the Mini-Game contest. Before you vote though, here are a couple of rules.

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You can not vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the map author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You can not create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.

Mini-Game Contest #2 Entries
Last Real Heroes
DevineArmy

Netherwind Dreams
Billy2

Stealth
Beast(TrOg)

Oger Tuanting Competition
Heretodlstuff

Witch Doctors
NearbyHermit

Eat the Child
mapper300

Ice Warriors
hawk900

Bouncer
Thrikodius

Pub Fight
communist_orc

Level 24
I am voting for "Bouncer" by Thrikodius cause the game was nice, and the triggers were great. The terrain was nice, it was interesting. The only thing that I have to say is that he needs to make the area larger.

But really, I don't care about who wins, so here he goes.

Level 24
I voted for Billy2
-Netherwind Dreams - First of all, the name sounds great
-Gameplay - Fun and attractive, you wont waste a minute
Some leaks there and there,but less than my map!

So my vote is pretty motivated and I have to say that its better than the rest of the maps!

Level 24
Links to the maps?

Those are links to posts!

A review to all the Mini-Games:

Netherwind Dreams - The map is ok,as I said,very fun!But at the start thats a long cinematic!
It lacks AI.8/10

Stealth - It is quite boring,lacks AI.The gameplay was well taught.7/10
You exceeded player limit!

Eat the child - Simple gameplay,lacks AI,I like the starting cinematic! 6/10

Oger Tuanting Competition - A couple of mistakes when it comes to tooltips, even the name is badly writen,Holy Cow is a flower idea,but it has no use! It was suppose to be a funny map!7/10

Ice Warriors
- The funniest map of all,yet eerie,have you ever saw that the Blue player is always leading? And also,a glitch came out and I was trapped into a wall,of course Blue came and killed me.8/10

Pub Fight - Well,the skill is greatly improved here,like the idea.The gameplay is simple,you should of added some Fatality to it!.Lacks AI! 8/10

Bouncer - Bounce! Bounce! it is a bit simple but it smells like a real mini-game,impressive!
I dont know how to level up,you should of added more power-ups and some action ! 8/10

Dont be offended friends,my map is worse than each other map here!
By my point you should all deserve a 10/10

Last edited:
Level 28
Well thanks for the vote Hawk! Now please note that Bouncer is just a BETA. I didn't want to remove the tag in case it didn't work out (seems to me like it does when reading the comments). If It seems like a good idea I'll update it in the future.

I'll take a look at the maps and see if I can come to a dissition (testing off-line).

Level 30
Links to the maps?

Those are links to posts!

A review to all the Mini-Games:

Netherwind Dreams - The map is ok,as I said,very fun!But at the start thats a long cinematic!
It lacks AI.8/10

Stealth - It is quite boring,lacks AI.The gameplay was well taught.7/10

Eat the child - Simple gameplay,lacks AI,I like the starting cinematic! 6/10

Oger Tuanting Competition - A couple of mistakes when it comes to tooltips, even the name is badly writen,Holy Cow is a flower idea,but it has no use! It was suppose to be a funny map!7/10

Ice Warriors
- The funniest map of all,yet eerie,have you ever saw that the Blue player is always leading? And also,a glitch came out and I was trapped into a wall,of course Blue came and killed me.8/10

Pub Fight - Well,the skill is greatly improved here,like the idea.The gameplay is simple,you should of added some Fatality to it!.Lacks AI! 8/10

Bouncer - Bounce! Bounce! it is a bit simple but it smells like a real mini-game,impressive!
I dont know how to level up,you should of added more power-ups and some action ! 8/10

Dont be offended friends,my map is worse than each other map here!
By my point you should all deserve a 10/10
You forgot mine Oo

Level 23
Im curious that so many picked 4 players only. Hermit you state that some of them exceeded the player limit, but in fact
The map must support at least 4 players.
=)

Okay, here are my top 3, Im sorry guys, but I could not really give overall points when I judged. And Im one of those persons who is getting tired when writing something down, a review or something, especially when I have a half-blurry malfunctioning pen :_:
I did play all of them except one. The Pub Fight was, when I was trying, unable to start since the players where on the same team :s

1) The Last Real Heroes
Indeed it is a simple aos which is not unique by itself, but with the imported models which was chosen, and pretty much balanced heroes it fits the theme for a mini-contest very well. It was fun to play, and seems to work perfectly (I did not look at the structure of any map in World Editor though) with no lagging. The terrain could have been more interesting but it was a success from my aspect anyways. Good job :)

2) Ice Warriors
Very fun idea, a unique one as well. It was tricksy in the start but was well made as well. It did not lag either as far as I could see, and the people which I played with appeared to appreciate it in the start. Effects where well used and fitted the snowy theme well. (I hate Demon Hunters due to the fact its used too common in Ice Escape Maps). I did become alittle bored on it at the end, but probably because people lacked and left :S

3) Ogre Taunting Competition
It was an unique idea and fitted the theme well. Especially the holy cows and the ogre sound gave a plus to it :p Some minus points though. When you kill the ogre you get gold bonus. I had 100 gold and 4 lumber at the end, but for what use? Missed a shop :)?
Oh and, the cows served their duty well, if they were suppose to work like target scapegoats.

And well, there we go. I must say all of you did a great job. I wish I could've joined myself. Hermit, your map deserves as much as everyone else. All of you deserves an applaude:p

Sorry once again that I didnt review all of them. But I did play them as told before.
/Regards

Last Real Heroes - DevineArmy
Idea: AoS. 0/10 (How original that that be? :p )
Other: The heroes were mainly imports , none of the spells were triggered as far as I know. I didn't try all of the heroes though. Footmen from hunters halls? Seemed like devineArmy didn't have enough time to finish it..Everything was kinda empty. :sad:

Netherwind Dreams - Billy2
Idea: Mainly TD 1/10 (Some other stuff at the start, which was interesting.
Other: In general (terrain, mostly) it seemed sloppy. Terrain is a weak spot for a lot of people though, I’m not going to complain about that. The text took too long. I was disappointed it was just a TD, too. It was too easy, just build all of the weakest towers until you run out of room, then upgrade. You can’t lose. All the builders seemed the same (Cannon tuaren, cannon skeleton, ect) but with work, and expanded a bit, this map could be cool!

Stealth - Beast(TrOg)
Idea: Capture the flag 0/0
Other: Terrain was.... Ok. Heroes seemed ok, too.
Witch Doctors - NearbyHermit
Idea: Pimp my peon. Did a good job of covering it up it seems like to me, though. I don't play Pimp my peon much either, though. 1/10
Other: I liked it. It was fun, although a bit brainless, it’s fun commanding lots of fast ghouls. It was kind of hard to keep track of everything though. Creeps seem a bit hard too.

Eat the Child - mapper300
Idea: Uhhh... Haven’t seen it before. The idea was good. 3/10 to 5.5/10. Idk.
Other: You had one spell that make the target come to you. Unfinished?

Ice Warriors - hawk900
Idea: I cant say ive seen a map like it, but sliding and shooting isn’t that great. 2/10
Other: I liked the way they went in circles! Sometimes bullets didn't deal damage when they should and stuff though...

Bouncer - Thrikodius
Idea: Nice idea! I liked it. 5/10
Other: It was... uhh.. boring and pointless? I did it single player, like all the maps, so I’m going to keep my mouth shut until I do, though.

Pub Fight - communist_orc
Idea: Nice idea! I have not seen anything like it at all. 6/10
Other: Was a little too un-complete to be fun IMO. Punch heavy, punch light, and block is the only things you could do.

I only got a chance to test single player! For this reason I did cruddy reviews and will not vote, As I have not fully explored the game play in the state it was ment to be played.

Last edited:
it all sucks? wow then you must be sure off victory ...
dude you should be ashamed of that post
No.

The basic idea of most of them suck. (TD, Aos, capture the flag... ect. Nothing new) the map themselvs were not that bad at all. Also note I did not play them multiplayer yet. And, my rating of my own map is sarcastic.

No, I am not sure of my winning, my map is un-complete and has many bugs, and the gameplay doesnt really work out.

So why should I be ashamed of a slightly sarcastic, un-final post?

The ratings were for the idea only, not the map as a whole, you know that right?

Sorry if I offended you or sounded mean in my ratings. I did not mean to imply all the maps were trash. :sad:

Last edited:
Level 23
They were?
I tested it full house (4) on b.net and it was actually the only map of all these who people really wanted a remake on. And well, no one said anything about bugs which they found. Maybe it was hero-related I dont know...

(No offense folks)

Level 7
Well I played all of the games, in singleplayer, and I thought most were OK:

Last Real Heroes: Very simple AoS, too simple I think. Nothing was too unique, and play area was too small. 6/10

Netherwind Dreams: I agree with many other people. The cinematic was long (with no way to skip). The waves were simple. 7/10

Oger Tuanting Competition: (Just a personal opinion) I don't know why it's getting so many votes. It's an OK map, but not the most fun. 7/10

Witch Doctors: Pretty fun, except creeps kept getting in the way, making it extremely hard to kill the enemy. Never played "Pimp my Peon", but I'm guessing its sort of like Footies. 8/10

Eat the Child: Could be fun. If there were more twists/abilities to change the gameplay, I wouldnt' mind playing it once in a while. 6/10

Ice Warriors: Nice game...I liked almost all of it, except the spinning which messed up my aiming a bunch of times. Didn't like the slow movement at the edges, if it was faster it would be alright (I know, you can just slide to where you want but still...) 7/10

Bouncer: Ok map, wisps moved slow (probably more fun if there were more players) Nice anti-wisp thingy though. 7/10

Pub Fight: To me, the most unique map of the contest and deserves to win. Simple yet fun. I think the simplicity is what makes it fun. 8/10

Stealth: (yes I am commenting on my own) I know it wasn't very interesting, but wanted something new other than the old CTF map people are playing on Bnet. 6/10

Level 30
Yes,Last Real Heroes proved to be a strong map!

And after the contest ,I'll continue my map,this time I'll add the heavy customization and make it 9 player playable!

me too ... il make my map bigger, more items, more heroes, fix some bugs.
im not really satisfied about the way it is now. it sure wont win or get a third price so ... it realy needs work Rofl

till when you can vote?

Last edited:
Level 24
Ice Warriors - The funniest map of all,yet eerie,have you ever saw that the Blue player is always leading? And also,a glitch came out and I was trapped into a wall,of course Blue came and killed me.8/10

Player Limit? Can you give me more details on the glitch. And by the way, the AI's are 100% random.

Ice Warriors: Nice game...I liked almost all of it, except the spinning which messed up my aiming a bunch of times. Didn't like the slow movement at the edges, if it was faster it would be alright (I know, you can just slide to where you want but still...) 7/10

I'll make it so you go faster when on snow.

Idea: I cant say ive seen a map like it, but sliding and shooting isn’t that great. 2/10
Other: I liked the way they went in circles! Somtimes bullets didn't deal damage when they should and stuff though...

I thought that the combination of the two added fast-paced action. The bullets sometimes don't deal damage because I did not have enough time to tweak the AOE's to be right.

Level 5
Hey Guys,

Iam reviewing all the maps, and because im nice im not going to bad mouth them im going to tell you the improvements, i played all these games single player and did not look at the triggering.

First up: Thrikodius

Bouncer:

Firstly this game started off as a well thought of unique mini-game with a very fun gameplay, nice choice of characters which were also unique and fitted the game nicely.

The improvements that could be made to this game are, to decrease the area of effects, i was playing with the stone ball and the AOE was too far, the gameplay got boring as sheep were not enough, i wanted to kill more things instead of sheep (although the different kinds of sheep were an excellent idea. The last improvement that needs to be made is when you pick up a sheep egg, i picked them up and the Points Leaderboard didnt change until i killed another sheep. (Idea: Maybe different kinds of sheep eggs like eg. Lightning Egg.)

Overall score for this game was satisfying and enjoyable a big 8/10. Well done!

Next we have the entry from Heretodlstuff.

Oger Tuanting Competition:

Firstly i thought oh great a ogre game this should be fun.

Improvements that could be made are, make the gameplay funner, it was really boring from start to finish and i just cant understand why it is being voted so many times. The next improvement that could be made is the terrain, it needs some doodads which will not be collided with just to make the map look eviler. What are the little boxes for at the sides of the map? All what happens is that the ogre will attack someone and if it targets you then it just spams who it is targeting absolouty a bad idea. The spells are ok... i didnt really like them, the only one's i liked was the Cow idea and the switch but the cow needs to be harder to kill and dont switch places just teleport to that person and keep everyone a ally, last improvment is some music like the crazy benny hill theme music.

Overall score for this game is boring and has no objective, but yet it deserves a score of 0/10. ( Sorry if i seem mean, its just my opinion and please except that).

Ok our next entry is from communist_orc:

Pub Fight:

I have got to tell you, this one is a excellent idea and very enjoyable. Well thought up because of the Block, Slam, Attack commands and the rules was very convenient, they were all placed in the right places and the rules stood out because it was a question mark so you would think what it would mean straight away, also if you click off your fighter by accident, it would automatically select him back for you.

Improvements for this map are to remove unused players and left users.

Overall score for this brilliant game is the gameplay is fun and enjoyable so you get a amazing score of 9/10.

Ok now i will review my map by Billy2:

Netherwind Dreams:

Now when i submitted this game i thought it was really good and fun.

I'am going to make improvments like, if the esc key is pressed you can skip cinematics, when you progress to a new level your builder increases a level so you can make sure that you know which round you are on. I really need feedback from all of you.

Overall score for this map is... well i cant really review my own map it would be unfair :thumbs_up:.

Next contestant is by NearbyHermit:

Witch Doctors:

This is an absolutely superb map which has a excellent gameplay and is really fun, i like the imported models of the diablo towers from the Billzard Grand Prix game.

Improvements for this game could be that the Witch Doctors have weak attacks, and maybe abilitys to disable the enemy towers for 5 seconds?

Overall score is that this mapis a amazingly made map with a insanely fun gameplay. A whopping 10/10!!!

Next up its hawk900:

Ice Warriors:

Now this is a billiant game because all that was required was ice, it had a really fun gameplay aswell, and nice spells.

Improvements for this game are when i got 20 kills, it took me 21 kill to win, after the game it spammed the Billy has won the game map made by hawk900, which i didnt like. AI's keep suicideing which isnt too good.

Overall score is that this game requires skill and is a excellently made game. A very nice 8/10.

Next up is Beast(TrOg):

Stealth:

It was a nice game with nice features including, cinematics, cinematic skipping, capture the flag, slow towers and a nice selection of heros.

Improvements for this game are the game gets boring after a while it needs more fun like shops.

Overall score is that this is a good map but i didnt really enjoy it, due to the fact that capture the flag isnt all me, iam into first person capture the flag, but dont get me wrong this game is great. A nice 7/10.

Next we have mapper300:

Eat the Child:

This is a brilliant map which is very fun to play and funny in some respects. I like the way you lure the child, also a nice cinematic.

Improvements are that it should have AI which would make this game brilliant and the last improvement is that it needs a score based system to win.

Overall score is that its a fun enjoyable game for all. 8/10!

Now we have our final entry by DevineArmy:

Last Real Heroes:

Sorry DevineArmy but your map does not show up in warcraft 3 so no review. If you can send me a version that works sure ill review it :grin:, it would be a pleasure.

Well thats the end of the reviewing, but remember this is my opinion and i thought all the games were great except for HeretoDlstuff's entry.

Take care all. Bye bye!

Last edited:
Level 5
But in his workshop i noticed you had a post. Did you not use them in this map? If you didnt i shall remove that part and my apologies if i got that wrong. Also Eccho, it is MY OPINION you all may have liked it unfortunatly i didnt like it, and its up to you to all say yours because we are all entitled to one.

Level 24
But in his workshop i noticed you had a post. Did you not use them in this map? If you didnt i shall remove that part and my apologies if i got that wrong. Also Eccho, it is MY OPINION you all may have liked it unfortunatly i didnt like it, and its up to you to all say yours because we are all entitled to one.

For a different map. One which I have discontinued.

I am getting good ratings, but poor votes! OH NOES! WHUT WILL I DOES? I KNOES! I WILL GOES TO SLEEP!

Contest is doing well.

HeretoDLstuff, is fishing in his sig! XD

Last edited:
Level 5
Skun, you've got a point. I expected a few people to vote for you but I didn't really think that you'd wipe the floor! Good job, I guees there's just a group of people who played it a LAN party or something. :S

Level 30
first i was going to do a map like commy's map ... based of destrega (old ps1 game)
it would have had movement, attacks and of course, the one thing that makes destrega realy funny: the HI HA HO skills, being able to combine HI HA and HO to make various magic attacks ^^. But it just was to hard ^^ to make all the abilities, movement with same camera ... then i just made this simple map :p (i suck at mapping though)

Status
Not open for further replies.