• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Speed Mapping Contest #1 - POLL

Vote!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I want to change my vote from Septimus to Illidan, it seems like i forgot/missed Illidans map and voted befor trying it but after playing it, that is the one i like the most.
I would be really happy if a mod could change it for me. Thnx.

Level 34
When WILL wants it to. I'm not sure if the judging is finished. I was supposed to, but I've been super busy the last two weeks.

Level 40
Why is it that people seem incapable of following the rules and having contests for what they are – a bit of fun?

As I’m sure you are all aware, there has been a lot of drama in this thread recently on the subject of a certain Aeroblyctos cheating. Well, naturally, I investigated (being the sort of thing I do) to ensure that this criticism was true and to take appropriate action (punishment if it was indeed true, or swift stopping of such debate if it was not). You may be interested in the results:
So first off, I checked out the voters for Aero’s submission. Mostly fine, but one person (TheJoJoRiS) was rather suspicious – 0 posts in all his time here, and the only comment in his profile is from (guess who?) Aeroblyctos, and yesterday at that (soon after he voted for Aero).
Now, I was willing to give Aero the benefit of the doubt here and assume he was not multiaccounting. However, I think that the odds of this being a friend asked to come and vote for Aero are far more likely, and this is disallowed by the contest rules. There were also a few other suspicious votes, such as a certain DPL - who has the user title of "Respect Aeroblyctos" - but it is more likely that these were votes based on friendship, rather than votes asked due to friendship, and thus they are legitimate and really couldn't be prevented anyways.
Now, this is obviously not substantial evidence for any action, and as such CMarket (who was obviously, from the thread, following this as well) and I did nothing more than keep an eye out and (in the case of CMarket) post an occasional comment. However, strangely enough, Aero’s submission stopped being voted on soon after it was made clear people suspected him.
Now, very soon afterwards, Kitabatake’s submission (Kita is a good friend, and some say real life friend, of Aero) surged up by an astonishing thirteen votes, moving from fourth place with five votes to first place with eighteen, while the other submissions climbed one or two votes if at all. Coincidence? Unlikely, but perfectly possible.
There were already obviously some friend votes for Kita (namely, Aero and Xarwin), but these were perfectly within the bounds of the rules as we can assume that they were not asked to do so by Kita. However, investigating the users who voted in this surge was more disturbing. Here are the suspicious ones:
  • BenjaminFredson just registered in February, has posted once (but apparently is global ignored), and has a Scandinavian-sounding name (Fredson). I should note here that Kita and Aero are Finnish.

• draken koning just registered, has only a few posts, and was suspiciously busy private messaging someone when I checked his profile (who private messages people when they are that new? Unlikely, but possible I guess).

• Ghazghkull just registered today (April 8), and his only evident action has been voting for Kita’s submission. Possible though unlikely, but with all these other ‘coincidences’ very likely cheating.

• Lichemperor had not done anything since last July until he apparently spontaneously logged on the other day and voted for Kita. He also has an IP collision with none other than Aero.

• Mandrilx has posted 15 times since his registration years ago, and didn’t show a particularly high level of activity. Strange that he suddenly logged on and voted for Kita’s submission.

• meteOrain- has been spamming people via PMs to vote for Kita. Pretty obvious here.

• NS_SMOKE has posted five times since his joining about two months ago, and has not really communicated with anyone until his sudden voting for none other than Kita.

• Peteri1111 just registered and voted for Kita, his only other action being a comment on a map of Kita’s. Peteri also happens to be a Scandinavian and primarily Finnish name. Also, one Lancer1111 voted for Aero, with a surprisingly similar name to our friend here.

It’s pretty obvious what’s going on here, and that it is not friendly or in the spirit of contests. The two of you (Aeroblyctos and Kitabatake) have been disqualified from the contest for the reasons mentioned above and would be best to drop the issue before you get any more attention for your actions. Your rewards will be coming shortly; hopefully you and others will learn from them.
I hope the contest is smooth from this point on. Good luck to all contestants!

Level 34
I'd appreciate it if everyone would just continue with the contest. Any further talk on Poots post, will result in deletion. You're welcome to make a thread in site discussion.

Thanks.

Level 37
The following link might explain why some people have voted me. I never asked directly anyone to vote me because it's against the rules. I have only give a link to here so people can vote. I have never cheated, so it's wrong move from the moderators to dis. me.

Don't know about Kitabatake, but he have played his game in b.net very often last few days and that's why has few new registered people. He have also asked me to play, but you, I'm a little busy with the campaign.

http://tcocampaign.com/index.php?topic=358.0

And to your "It’s pretty obvious", give better evidences before acting.

Level 19
One word: bullshit.
Go for a 100% *FAIR* judging instead of this.
I can also give unlimited arguments why 'that map', or 'that other map' shouldn't be chosen because of..

Friend politics, arggh.
It sickness me you all just can't be fair or take another vote for someone else.

Level 14
One word: bullshit.
Go for a 100% *FAIR* judging instead of this.
I can also give unlimited arguments why 'that map', or 'that other map' shouldn't be chosen because of..

Friend politics, arggh.
It sickness me you all just can't be fair or take another vote for someone else.

You're just backing for your friend. This isn't about map quality. It's about getting people, or worse yet creating multiaccounts, to vote for you. The fact of the matter is Illidan doesn't have a bunch of voters that are either extremely inactive, or freshly made. The outcome is just.

Level 37
PurplePoot isn't even a mod. I could come here also and say all you guys are disqualified. I won't take PurplePoot's comment at all. I want clear message from the host of the contest to say if I'm disqualified or not plus he have to say GOOD arguments.

You can't disqualified me if my friends are voting for me.

And to CMarket: Stop backstapping or I start to do the same. And you know what will happen them, a real flame war where are no limits.

Level 14
PurplePoot isn't even a mod. I could come here also and say all you guys are disqualified. I won't take PurplePoot's comment at all. I want clear message from the host of the contest to say if I'm disqualified or not plus he have to say GOOD arguments.

You can't disqualified me if my friends are voting for me.

And to CMarket: Stop backstapping or I start to do the same. And you know what will happen them, a real flame war where are no limits.

PurplePoot was one of the leading admins here, on the Hive, one step below Ralle, until he gave his resignation. His comment is as good as Ralle's.

Furthermore I can only back-stab someone I respect, or at the very least someone I'm friends with. I cannot back-stab a guy who I generally dislike and unapprove of most of his actions on this site. Now, I know you can't do the same as I generally, especially as of late, only get along with people and show now flaws, especially none that can be exploited further to the point of offending me. I on the other hand can do that, but seeing as how I am not that type of guy, I will restrain myself from offending you, even though I can.

Now, very soon afterwards, Kitabatake’s submission (Kita is a good friend, and some say real life friend, of Aero) surged up by an astonishing thirteen votes, moving from fourth place with five votes to first place with eighteen, while the other submissions climbed one or two votes if at all. Coincidence? Unlikely, but perfectly possible.
Indeed. (More detailed explanation at the end of the post)

BenjaminFredson just registered in February, has posted once (but apparently is global ignored), and has a Scandinavian-sounding name (Fredson). I should note here that Kita and Aero are Finnish.
OK. That dude has a name that SOUNDS to have originated from somewhere in scandinavia.
Solid evidence! Good work Poot!

draken koning just registered, has only a few posts, and was suspiciously busy private messaging someone when I checked his profile (who private messages people when they are that new? Unlikely, but possible I guess).
What do private messages have to do with anything?
But since you're so curious about it and hive rules do not forbid publishing private messages, here:
These are all the messages he has sent me/I have sent him:
draken koning said:
Kitabatake said:
draken koning said:
im macking an rpg using youre armors but im asking u would u make more helmets and maybe somthing as an cape attachment? i like ure stuff thats why im asking u
Quite many people have been asking helmets so I might try to make some.

Good luck with your RPG project!

youre helmet model was realy cool (ceep making them )
but i hafe an request fore my rpg would u make an armor fore the dog model and maybe an cape attachment
draken koning said:
im macking an rpg and i hafe a few requests fore you
And yes, I haven't yet answered his latest message.

I have nothing to hide and you, PurplePoot, have nothing to show. No offense.

Ghazghkull just registered today (April 8), and his only evident action has been voting for Kita’s submission. Possible though unlikely, but with all these other ‘coincidences’ very likely cheating.
I have no idea who he is, but probably somebody who joined one of the games on bnet and saw the text that the map is participating in a hiveworkshop contest.

• Lichemperor had not done anything since last July until he apparently spontaneously logged on the other day and voted for Kita. He also has an IP collision with none other than Aero.

• Mandrilx has posted 15 times since his registration years ago, and didn’t show a particularly high level of activity. Strange that he suddenly logged on and voted for Kita’s submission.

• NS_SMOKE has posted five times since his joining about two months ago, and has not really communicated with anyone until his sudden voting for none other than Kita.
  • Peteri1111 just registered and voted for Kita, his only other action being a comment on a map of Kita’s. Peteri also happens to be a Scandinavian and primarily Finnish name.
I recognize these people. They are the ones that joined the game remake after remake (especially NS_SMOKE). It seems they also noticed that the map is indeed participating in a contest.

And it is true that many fans of the map indeed are Finnish. Probably because of the murderer's humorous Finnish warcry.

• meteOrain- has been spamming people via PMs to vote for Kita. Pretty obvious here.
WHAT? I have never asked him or anybody else to spam/vote/advertize for me. Also I don't think I ever saw him joining one of the games I hosted.
I'd like to hear his explanation for this.

It’s pretty obvious what’s going on here, and that it is not friendly or in the spirit of contests. The two of you (Aeroblyctos and Kitabatake) have been disqualified from the contest for the reasons mentioned above
Reasons? So far you have given nothing but weak assumptions and opinions.
Please have some proof before you accuse people of crimes they never committed.

hopefully you and others will learn from them.
Now remember people:

• Never host your map on bnet!
  • Never mention that your map is participating in a contest!
  • Never make a successful map!
  • Do anything you can to stop non-elite hive members from voting you!

Otherwise you might get disqualified because of some moderator's assumptions and opinions!

Oh and feel free to check all IP's and interrogate all the voters if you honestly thought that I was cheating.

Also here is some proof that might explain why there is such a surge in the amount of votes from less-than-regular hive users.

Within the last 7 days Mansion Murderer has overthrown every single murderer map on the whole battle.net when looking at the host count

Last 7 days, All servers, Maps with the word "Mansion" in the title.
Clearly the most played
Last 7 days, All servers, Maps with the word "Murderer" in the title.
Again, no competition
Last 7 days, All servers, Maps with the word "Murder" in the title.
No competition

The map is played so much that there is no wonder so many people have noticed that it is participating in a contest.
It isn't against the rules for them to vote, is it?

There has been no rule breaking, simply hosting on battle.net

None of the rules forbid you from hosting the map or any of it's later versions on battle.net and no rules forbid you from mentioning within the map that it is participating in a contest. Besides, most of the maps I have checked so far ALSO have a text that says "Hiveworkshop.com speed mapping contest #1 entry" or something similar.

Sorry, I guess I made a too popular map.
I'll try to avoid it next time.

I could come here also and say all you guys are disqualified.
If you provided sufficient evidence like Poot did, then yes, you could. Just coming along and saying "haha you guys all cheated" just makes you look like a moron.
I won't take PurplePoot's comment at all.
You're going to get punished whether you like it or not.

Level 23

For the record, you might have forgotten that Poot is the judge. If he doesn't tolerate cheating, if that was what it was, he doesn't.

And Kitab. If your map was so popular and people decided to vote for you because they noticed it was in a competition... It would be pretty lame since I bet 95% of them didn't even look at the rest of the submissions.

Level 37
Pyritie said:
You're going to get punished whether you like it or not.
For what? I haven't done anything wrong.

Proves please.

And Kitab. If your map was so popular and people decided to vote for you because they noticed it was in a competition... It would be pretty lame since I bet 95% of them didn't even look at the rest of the submissions.
I think that happens also for the current leader: Cannon thing. People only think about Eye Candy which the game has, but it doesn't have the enteiment which the right reason to vote(in my opinion, however eye candy is always good, but I think entertaiming is even better thing).

Nearly everybody else also had the text "Hiveworkshop.com speed mapping contest #1 entry" in their map.
Also, there were no rules preventing you from hosting the map on battle.net

No rules broken.

Level 23
I think that happens also for the current leader: Cannon thing. People only think about Eye Candy which the game has, but it doesn't have the enteiment which the right reason to vote(in my opinion, however eye candy is always good, but I think entertaiming is even better thing).

I had a post saying where I preferred Illidans before anyone else. Gilles removed it though. Lol.

It is just not the eyecandy I go for, believe me. For instance, I admire Illidans modelling skills and Jass. I dont only go for the eyecandy.

Level 23
no? I voted because he made a better map than than everyone else. Duh.

It is true that he has done some great models before. But likewise that is not the main reason for me voting for him. Even though I was a completely newb here, I would go for Illidans. Also, his script is a perfection. And you know what? He made it so well that it is even a good map to learn Jass from. Very understandable...

I got nothing to hide... I am not competing, lol.

Level 37
no? I voted because he made a better map than than everyone else. Duh.

It is true that he has done some great models before. But likewise that is not the main reason for me voting for him. Even though I was a completely newb here, I would go for Illidans. Also, his script is a perfection. And you know what? He made it so well that it is even a good map to learn Jass from. Very understandable...

I got nothing to hide... I am not competing, lol.
"Main reason", so it is a part of your reason.

Well, I don't have anything to against you. Your comment just shows the there are many wrong reasons to vote in this competition. So I suggest to let this competition continue and next time there shall be no more polls at all. This is every time going to this kind of flame war.

Read:

Create a thread in site discussion if you are interested in me responding to this discussion more fully, and move the comments there.

Now shut it. All of you. Enough drama. You've been told this twice already.

EDIT: If anyone continues, you'll be getting negrep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 34
Just so you know, it's okay to say "Back on topic" and not delete everyone's posts.
I tend to get ignored. I figured this would send a pretty clear message. I guess that still wasn't enough.

------------------------------------------

As a staff we will discuss the situation, and take appropriate action.

However, Kitabatake will not receive all those votes. Sorry Kita, but I'm certain that some of the people who voted for you did not play all the maps, and their votes should not count. We'll look into how many will be removed. I know its not your fault, but someone was also spamming accounts, asking for people to vote for you. Some of these might have also lead to improper voting.

We will discuss the accusations against Aeroblyctos as well.

Hopefully we can figure out a better method for voting soon. We have been talking about it for a while now.

Thanks.

BTW, before you start killing each other, the voting round will (unless someone I can actually trust convinces me otherwise) count for virtually nothing. Its been made clear you can't have regular public polls nowadays.

@Aero and Kita: You should both be ashamed. We're working it out, but by now it's pretty much sure you're not participating in a contest for a year, at least. If it was up to me you'd both be banned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.