• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voice Acting Contest #2 - Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

WarCraft_Samwise099c.jpg

voice%20acting.png
contest.png
number.png
2.png

poll.png

Custom Unit Soundsets
Contestants are to create a complete sound set to fit a custom unit model.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll. (remove this for a multiple choice poll)
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.

prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

judges.png

• If you would like to judge the contest simply make a post in this thread stating so.
contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Creativity
How interesting is the voice? How well does it fit the model?/10

Quality
How well are effects and filters, if any, used? Is there constant popping or static?/10

Script
How well do the lines fit the model? Are the things it says clever, or just generic?/10
  • 65 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 35 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of an anonymous poll.

Here are the models:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/fel-orc-rampager-147348/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/nerubian-senator-164273/
Dark Angel
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/undeadknigth-48012/

Things to know about the poll:
- You physically can't vote for your entry.
- The order is randomised
- The file names are randomised
- You can't see what other people vote because that introduces bias

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
The first entry sounded very good, but the lines were too generic.
I love the second entry :D (good use of filters, nice lines).
The third entry was a bit too... cracky and had "Very Well" twice as far as I've heard :p
The fourth one sounded very well, the lines weren't that good, but well...

My votes: 2 & 4 (female... banshee-like thing, apparantly with wings xD and some dreadlord-like thing).

Hmm, nice entries... why is there no model we can relate the voices to? ... that seems kinda fail... There's a judging point on it... nr. 3 had the best effects and most... understandable voice, but the things said were too long and far-fetched. (also the two last ones were made in a different voice ?) All the others were hard to understand as well... the effects really ruptured the stuff they said... I loved the nr. 4 pissed sounds :D

Level 18
How can we judge on "How well does it fit the model?" if the model isn't specified?

Also, I'm afraid all of them are quite rough. Some could use more polishing then others, but I wouldn't want any of those imported in 1 of my maps. Sorry I have to say that.

Level 14
next time you might make testmaps with them, maybe? im not sure if it is a good idea, though.
i voted, too, without seeing the actual models :|
for example there is a difference whether the voicepack was made for an ogre or orc (even if its a fel orc). i really thought it was an ogre :s

i think there were too little submissions - im planning on joining next time :p i hope that i will be less busy then.

lol

yeah all of the entries are there. Had a problem with one of the entries since I had to up the volume a bit on one of them (and accidentally messed one up a bit) and also forgot its death sound but I've sent off the fixed sound to samuraid. When he's next online (should be in a few hours I think) then he should fix it if he's willing to :D

Level 15
Everything is (should be) up to date now.

Although there are not very many entries into this contest, the four submissions are very creative and well done. :smile:

Level 26
hrmm....should i vote for the lisping burping thing, the echo lady, the vibrating bass bug, or the protoss probe. hrmmm....

tough choice....

Would have been nice if we had some more entries.... like... more good ones ( <.<)
4 entries is a fail contest in my book. But nonetheless... good luck to all ... err... 4 of the contestants.

Level 15
96 voters total on the poll.

We are close. We just need one more judge. If anyone is interested and feels reasonably confident in their ability to provide helpful feedback, please contact Pyritie. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.