• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

User of the Year 2010

Read the first post before voting!

• TriggerHappy

Votes: 58 25.7%
  • Dr Super Good

Votes: 115 50.9%
  • enjoy

Votes: 53 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After a round of nominations and two rounds of eliminations among the staff for who should receive User of the Year 2010, we reached a stalemate between these three candidates.

So now it's your turn to be the stalemate associate and decide who you think deserves the award!

Keep in mind that you should be judging candidates based on what they did in 2010, not 2011.

Yeah okay it's already may but we're still working on the best way to do this thing. I think we've found a way to speed up the user of the year process so next year it should be faster

Also we had the staff nominate and do initial voting because last time we let the users do that we had some... interesting results.

Level 22
As the spell section was a hell of a mess during 2010 I have to vote for TriggerHappy and his entrance (or should I say TriggerHappy187), cleared up alot in the spell section (yes I know, the spell section has always been a mess) and one of the reasons continued to mod WC3. Dunno though when he left the spell section and became one of the admins (damn you). Hope we'll see you around some moar!

Level 6
Either of them actually did anything?

I do not really get how this is called "User of the year" when it's obviously only given to moderators.

That's false.
In the initial poll among the staff members I think there were equal users/mods.

Also, enjoy shouldnt be here. It was a tie between trigger-happy and DSG.
But since she /is/ here. I'm voting her. :D

Rui

Rui

Level 41
GhostWolf said:
(...)
I do not really get how this is called "User of the year" when it's obviously only given to moderators.
That'd be because we end up promoting people who actually contribute.

Well maybe in the future there could be two, staff member of the year and user of the year... That would be nice - especially since staff have a respectable position anyway/former staff award or the title.
For the reason above stated and to avoid having a double dilemma instead of just a single one, I'm inclined to disagree with the separate awards idea.

Why only this 3 -_-
We started out with 12 candidates and then narrowed it down to three through two polls.

To be fair, most of DSG's work last year was when he wasn't a moderator.

Plus you know, the qualities that make someone a good recipient of UotY are the same qualities that usually make them a good moderator.

Plus 5 of the original candidates were regular users.

Enjoy was only 1 vote behind in the previous poll and was on top for a while so I'd say it's fair to keep her in. :p

This. The second round poll had 5 candidates. Three of them had way more votes than the other two, and those three were all within one vote of each other. I didn't think one vote difference was enough to exclude someone. :p

Well maybe in the future there could be two, staff member of the year and user of the year... That would be nice - especially since staff have a respectable position anyway/former staff award or the title.
We already have enough problems just choosing one person to give it to, let alone two!

You know, we really do have mor people that could deserve this reward... let me think... Debode, TheWorldIsFlat, Tleno, WherewolfTherewolf... yea, those who I would add to candidatelist personally.

i think that its fair. If you keep up with most of what goes on you would realize that these three did so much significant work last year. above anyone else. Debode TWIF, and WWTW did nothing compared to them.

Level 26
i think that its fair. If you keep up with most of what goes on you would realize that these three did so much significant work last year. above anyone else. Debode TWIF, and WWTW did nothing compared to them.

They did? I mean, I've seen Triggerhappy and Dr Super Good a couple times and seen their work, but I haven't actually seen anything from enjoy. :O
What did she do if I may ask? It's not like I care about who get the award, but I'm curious.

Level 20
I hardly think donating $1000+ can be considered "nothing" but I'll by no means argue that those on the poll don't deserve to be there (I'm sure they do) - But while you can't give the award everyone, there are many others who most certainly deserve it just as much. Voted for DSG anyway, he's been more than forthcoming with advice for the general public including newbies who I think can be given a real hard time here, so kudos to him for that ;)

I hardly think donating $1000+ can be considered "nothing"

its not really all that much of a donation thing. im sure he was put on the original list, but even still, the moderators cast him and a lot of others off as less contributing compared to the rest. just trust the mods opinion. Its 99% of the time well thought out and is for the better.

Level 26
I hardly think donating $1000+ can be considered "nothing" but I'll by no means argue that those on the poll don't deserve to be there (I'm sure they do) - But while you can't give the award everyone, there are many others who most certainly deserve it just as much. Voted for DSG anyway, he's been more than forthcoming with advice for the general public including newbies who I think can be given a real hard time here, so kudos to him for that ;)

Oh, so she donated money? I mean, hey that's awesome and generous to say the least, but the title User of the Year sounds, well.. Giving user of the year to moderators and donators makes the title user of the year sound a little deceiving to be honest. I mean, i suppose it's a kind gesture. But when I hear the title "user of the year" I think more along a user that is beloved by all, or more or less liked by the masses. At the moment it feels more like recognition from the owner.

I'm not saying that it's wrong because, hey it's his website and he can do the hell he wants. But yeah, strange name for the award considering the kind of participants imho.

I don't feel that any of them really "deserve" it, so I will not vote. However, only five out of the twelve original candidates being regular members is a bit wrong. Perhaps make a "User fo the Year" and a "Moderator of the Year" and solve the problems, because it never fails, it is usually mods that get it.

Level 20
Oh, so she donated money? I mean, hey that's awesome and generous to say the least, but the title User of the Year sounds, well.. Giving user of the year to moderators and donators makes the title user of the year sound a little deceiving to be honest. I mean, i suppose it's a kind gesture. But when I hear the title "user of the year" I think more along a user that is beloved by all, or more or less liked by the masses. At the moment it feels more like recognition from the owner.

I'm not saying that it's wrong because, hey it's his website and he can do the hell he wants. But yeah, strange name for the award considering the kind of participants imho.

Actually that was 'The World is Flat' and I didn't mean to say he deserved the award just that what he'd done for the site was far from 'nothing'.

But I agree wholeheartedly, TWIF already got a unique donor award for that it'd be a bit brash to get the user of the year award also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.