• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

User of the Year 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I am the greetist! My spellings is for the winz!

Honestly I need to work on more accurate spelling.

I like how fast the award icon was given out for this. It beat my last award icon which was delayed many months so efficiency is deffinatly improving with the staff. Who knows me might even make it to user of the year 2013 by the end of 2012!

Level 25
And thankyou everyone who voted for me.

Feel free to send me a message if you need help. I am trying to improve the range of help I give.

I never knew so many people liked me. I guess most of the hate for me must have come from a few individuals.

Gratz ;D

That's the spirit, good to see that your motivation to help others got higher
the award did it's job for once.
Also people like you for a reason, it's not like you just gained all those votes by just sitting there over the 2010 year.

Level 12
couldnt think of anything else so...

winner_2.png

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Those are lame, this site needs real {removed} and then the Webmaster would be the user of the year every year.
That sort of degrades its value as it would be the same as an award for a year of being a web master but obsucrly named.

It would be nice if more stuff would happen on this site though. Yes being conservitive is allright but it is not very progressive.

Level 37
Out of curiousity.

Is it the staff who chooses which members to select for nomination? Or deem qualified? Do we have any actual criteria on how to become "User of the Year" ?

User of the year 2010 was chosen based on a poll open for everyone.

However there were only three candidates in that poll.

Staff members were able to nominate anyone who they deemed worthy of the award.

After the nomination round was over, there was a poll where only staff memebers could vote. The poll eliminated most of the candidates. Then there was another poll with fewer candidates, the poll was again open for staff members only.

Three candidates got almost even amount of votes, so the final poll was open for all members of Hive to vote on.

To add to what Py said, I was nominated during the first round and that was the reason I became a mod :)

Status
Not open for further replies.