• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

User & Hosted Map of the Year

In which individual do you vote for User of the Year 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
We are fast approaching the end of the year, and, with it, comes the usual powwow on who is the most worthy to receive the User of the Year award, a prize that's given out annually to people who have contributed a lot to our website. There is no criteria, except for your own internal one.

Who do you nominate?

I nominate Bribe.
He's been working really hard to manage the Jass section and he literally sweeped 20 pages of Pending spells and systems!
There's not a single Pending spell anymore! And if you find one, it's likely going to be moderated within the next 10 minutes ;p

Pharaoh_ and Maker are also working really hard to manage the Spells section (Dude uploads resource; 2 minutes later; Spell Moderated)
I nominate them too!

edit

Vengeancekael and -Kobas- deserve it as well. -Kobas- cleared out 300 pages of Maps :O
Vengeancekael worked hard to maintain the 0-Pending-Maps-WIN :D (100 pages at least)

Vengeancekael and -Kobas- deserve it as well. -Kobas- cleared out 300 pages of Maps :O
Vengeancekael worked hard to maintain the 0-Pending-Maps-WIN :D (100 pages at least)
There aren't even that many pages xD You really are exaggerating a bit.

Me%20Gusta.png
Anyways, I'd also nominate Maker as well.

Level 17
Pharaoh_ before he became a mod, because then he was a really helpful user.
If there was a staff guy of the year (probably isn't) then I'd pick Bribe.

Pharaoh_ before he became a mod, because then he was a really helpful user.
If there was a staff guy of the year (probably isn't) then I'd pick Bribe.

UotY can be given to both users and staff. The only restriction is that it can't be ralle or someone who's received it before

Level 17
Myself and right after Dr Super Good.

Hmm ... wait, DSG is spamming about SC2 in WC3 related threads, so no, just myself :p

EDIT : Ofc this is a joke i hardly meet the requirements, my vote is still for DSG.

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

[00-00-52] shiiK: Anyway, I never voice my opinion on user awards and I don't intend to make an exception this year.
Fuck intentions. I am only active in chat, in the Concept Art forum and in my beloved, dead Skin Section. It is only natural for me to nominate a texture artist. Therefore, I would like Dionesiist to be considered. He is contributing a lot of useful resources to this site, and if that's what make users of the year, he sure should be among the nominees. I won't be partaking in any vote or discussion, I just wanted to have it said that from my perspective, Dionesiist is the only worthy candidate this year.

Figured I might as well quote my secret, internal message. That's exactly as involved as I will ever be in this.

Have fun spending hours discussing who should get the fabled pixels of approval from the THW community this year.

Level 15
Probably these guys:
-Kobas-: because he helped my maps get approve, cleaning map section, for making an awesome melee tutorials, and for hosting a cool ass project.
VengeanceKael: because he approve one of my maps so quickly, and continues to clean up the entire map section.
Pharaoh: though I don't join contest, I really think he did a great job for setting up the Arena, and I realize plenty of contests were made because of him.

Level 51
While I really like -Grendel and his resources, uploading stuff isn't enough to get the user of the year award (ofc. he's active in the community and so, but I guess you know what I mean).

So jeah, I think Pharaoh_ all the way, since he is EVERYWHERE, is helping EVERYONE (and I really mean everyone) hosts AWESOME CONTESTS, and is generally AWESOME. So um jeah. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.