• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Undead Assault II 1.7.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Introduction: Your platoon experiences heavy hostile activity during what was supposed to be a routine patrol mission. Take the position of a soldier with 10 others in a platoon on deadly missions which was supposed to be an ordinary patrol mission. Combat deadly enemies with poisons, fractures and other deadly ailments and exploding zombies in your way. How far can you be pushed to the limit? Enemies are numerous and your skills will be tested to their breaking point.

Gameplay: Each player controls a marine in team that has to survive and complete missions. There is a -save -load system so players can gain experience by completing missions and then save it. Reaching higher ranks unlocks better marines and even mechanical units like Helicopter and Tank (I will intentionally won't describe what the mechanical units can do, you should find that out yourself by playing the map). Failing to complete a mission will have consequences like xp deduction and increased spawn of enemies. The enemies who are zombies are melee units They spawn periodically in waves. Every hit by them could cause an ailment which results in slower movement and hp loss which could cause death. (Ailments can be cured by certain items and marines). There are units like Navy Corpsman and Combat Medic who are able to revive dead marines so if a teammate dies and is not the Medic in the team the game is not lost yet.
Key factors for surviving against the zombies are awareness, good teamplay good item and skill usage, positioning and movement. Each players should pay attention to what he shoots and where he is positioned as each player affects zombies' movement and path. Move as a team while fulfilling missions and searching for useful items like flare guns (that can slow enemies) or medical kits (that can heal injured marines), use key points with narrow paths like some of the Hills to hold the incoming zombie waves and eliminate them. Failing to clear the zombie waves would result in a spread of zombies alongside the whole map what would reduce the chance for survival.
There is a special mode called "Umbrella mode" where you should fight against hostile marines, tanks and helicopters. In this mode the Umbrella corporation intends to take over the patrol missions of the team and wants to eliminate them. Fight against an improved AI that controls the hostile marines who could use skills and items against you. Key factors in this mode are vision and long range.

About the number of the version: Undead Assault II 1.7.1 is officially the last and the newest version of Undead Assault II and the closest to the original map. Any other version is either older or if it looks like UA2_1.6.6a_4z_u23 it was a testing version before the release of this version. Also, Undead Assault II 2.0 beta 3 and similar maps starting with 2.0 are older as well and not as stable and fixed as this version.

History of the map and its development: Undead Assault II was created by Illidan92 and his friends. Sadly none of them have shown up for years. In one of the comments under Undead Assault II beta 3 in the Hive the original creator Illidan92 said that he had no time to develop the map anymore and everyone was free to try fixing the bugs so that could count as a permission by the original developer.
Later the map was edited by Lethan who founded the Undead Assault II community in discord. Then he handed the development to Derdan who is also an old player and member in Undead Assault II community.
The main goal of every developer has always been to keep Undead Assault II as authentic and close to the original map as possible because the people liked Undead Assault II for what it is.
The reason for the inconsistent numbers of the versions is that 2.0 beta 3 was instable and buggy so people kept playing Undead Assault II 1.5 beta 7 and beta 9 for what Lethan decided to start his development from 1.6

The development of the map is still going and newer versions are to be released in the future.

Credits: Original Undead Assault 2 map made by Illidan92, Magentix, John_S

Join the Undead Assault II discord community at: https://discord.gg/ZF8vE2W
Contents

Undead Assault II 1.7.1 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
More than 3 months without fixing. Set to Simple.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I read that he wrote he didn't have the time to go on but did you at least try to contact and ask for permission? There's a difference between no time and open source. Also, if those other authors have taken the map from him, you'll probably need their permission as well to edit/upload here.

A credits list in the map description with the names of the authors whose resources you've used is mandatory. That includes models, skins, icons, custom spells, systems. Also, sounds, music and everything outside this site.
This helps you with the models, skins and icons from Hiveworkshop: Resources in use by Undead Assault II 1.7.1
You can also upload your map here to generate a list: Asset scanner

The description could look better. Take a read of the guides below please.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 1
Hello deepstrasz!

Thank you for the fast reply. I edited the description and I hope that it gives now more information and shows more details about the map.

As for the permissions, unfortunately I cannot hand you a permission by some of the initial developers since nobody from our community has heard of them for over 10 years. Over the years people have been playing the map with all the bugs that it had while waiting for some of the initial developers to show up with an improved version. Sadly that did not happen and one day Lethan decided with the help of other excited by the map players to start fixing and improving it.
Again, we like this map as it is and we don't want to make major changes on it. We just want to fix any bugs and balance it. Our goal has always been to keep the map as authentic and close to the original as possible.

I decided to upload the latest version of the map here because a lot of people who like it and play it were questioning where they can download newer versions and why there is nothing new about Undead Assault 2 in the Hive. I also thought it would be interesting for other wc3 players because it's a challenging map that requires skills.

Kind regards

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
As for the permissions, unfortunately I cannot hand you a permission by some of the initial developers since nobody from our community has heard of them for over 10 years.
I understand. However, please provide some evidence (in the map thread description) that you at least tried contacting them even if they didn't reply for the mentioned reason.
Also, please make a proper credits list with all the resources used. Simply putting a few names doesn't cut it.