• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Plague V3.8

Reactions: DraeneiWorker
Please dowload Latest Versions to fully enjoy this game online and by yourself.

This was an old favorite of mine along with its prequal, but since it haven't been updated since 2008 I contacted the original author Cazeoj276 and asked for permission to reforge his maps. And so here is The Plague v3.8 Reforged. New models, same game.
ahttps://www.hiveworkshop.com/members/cazeoj276.144541/

This is no run of the mill zombies game, this is a very open custom scenario where you can build you own camps and cities. There is no shortage of custom units either. Also, every person in the game is a potential zombie so watch out, because it only takes one zombie to take out an entire city! There are tons of things to do but mostly you just build cities and armies to try and destroy the undead hordes. Exploration in this map is key for your cities to thrive. Also, you don't have a time limit to win, you just play at you own pace and coordinate attacks with your fellow players. This is the second version of this map so other updates for it will follow. Ty and enjoy playing!

-Version 1.8

-created a hero selector
-Fixed health of walls
-Nerfed priest's heal
-Took away Divine Shield
-Decreased Hero level cap to 15 due to balance issues.
-Remember that this game is meant for Multiplayer, host it on BNET.

-Version 2.0

-Nerfed Heroes massively. They should all be balanced now.
-Slightly increased detail on terrain.
-The heroes now cost 100 gold and lumber a peice.
-Deleted archers on walls due to glitches in zombie attacks. (Build your own archers)

-Version 2.1

-Reduced players to 8
-Increased HP of walls.
-Decreased number of villagers available.
-Decreased border limit.
-Gave heroes more abilities.
-Fixed mill cost.
-Fixed steel fist tooltip.
-Fixed wall horizontal/vertical thing.
-Gave you the ability to make a market.

-Version 2.2

-Added Tome of Retraining and Searing Blade.
-Made towers able to be made by Workers.
-Made border guards drop Mutated.
-Nerfed john the swift.

-Version 2.3

-Created Border Guard Calvary.
-Made more refugee camps.
-Decreased Lumber cost of units.
-Decreased Cost of Encampment Center.
-Armored mutants are now able to see stealth.
-Nerfed John the swift again.
-Added more terrain and paths.
-Added more secrets.

-Version 2.4

-Added a lord zombie
-did some minor editing.

-Version 2.5

-Changed tooltips for several hero abilities.
-Changed Zombie Lords model.
-Added another zombie player to reduce lag.
-Now if you lose a town it causes the zombies to spawn more troops.
-reduced build time for most buildings.
-Added bounty for all zombies.
-Gave you more starting money so you can build a base faster.

-Version 2.6

-Made some minor terrain changes.
-Added more defense on towns.
-Buffed the arrow tower.
-Buffed the walls hp.

-Version 2.7

-Buffed tower again.
-Got rid of starfall for jacob the stealthy.
-Gave zombies more health.
-Gave town watchmen more health.
-Made all abilities available by lvl 10.
-Buffed walls again.
-Buffed zombie lord.
-Decreased lumber cost of a few buildings.
-Made a new area in the moutains, it has orcs and a new item.
-Added cleaving attack to the Border Guard Knights.
-Debuffed tower
-Got rid of hidden tomes.
-Gave zombie lord cleaving attack.
-Added more resources at islands.
-Made a message saying when a player leaves the game due to me getting pissed off when they leave and i dont know about it.

-Version 2.8

-Added minor terrain changes.
-Changed icons for several units and heroes to add variation.
-Gave heroes more abilities and auras.
-Made all zombie spawns beyond the trenches.
-Did some minor editing of town defences.
-Could not figure out how to fix cathedrals not spawning zombies but i will next patch.
-Made more paths through trees.
-Got rid of gates.

-Minor Update

-Added more powerful zombie attacks on trenches.
-Decreased defenses on trenches.

Version 2.9

-Made some minor terrain changes.
-Gave most human units increased hp.
-Added more powerful zombie attacks on trenches.
-Decreased defenses on trenches.

Version 3.0

-Increased gold supply greatly.
-Decreased cost of several units,
-Made chieftans less overpowered.
-Made markets vulnerable and they take 20 seconds to build.
-Also made taverns take 20 seconds to build.

Minor Patch

-Made few simple changes.
-Added some extra features.

Version 3.2

-Minor Terrain Changes.
-Added a trigger that causes a large amount of zombies to spawn when you lose a town.
-Moved around a few units,
-Added more trees to some areas,
-Edited the *extra features.

Version 3.3

-Made major terrain changes on cities.
-Added a 150 gold income per town that you own besides the main city until you lose that city.
-Changed the rat attacks into sewer dwelling zombie attacks.
-Added upgrades for all units and heroes.
-Added a Sewer Dwelling Zombie.
-Changed icons for builders.
-Changed Model Files for builders so people can tell them apart.
-Made less zombies attack but made the zombies better.
-Made all bowmen Better.

Version 3.4

-Made better terrain on most parts of the maps.
-increased amount of gold in several mines.
-Greatly reduced latency by decreasing number of zombies and increasing effectiveness.
-Fixed the massing problem at the gate.
-Made you get 5 gold per villager rather than 2 after i realized it was way too little lol.
-Made most units build time faster.
-Buffed a few human units.
-Buffed almost all undead units.
-Added a new zombie *infected*
-Fixed minor spelling errors.
-Edited tooltips.
-Made you get a better view with the camera by typing -camera.

Version 3.5

-Made zombies better again.
-Changed bounty for some units.
-increased gold in other goldmines.
-Fixed terrain up a little bit.
-Decreased build times.
-Increased food limit of knights from 1 to 2.

Version 3.6

-Added a nightstalker unit for the zombies.
-Added lumberjack lodges in several highly wooded areas to help with settlement and exploration.
-Made a sea entrance to the undead city so now the sea is good for something!
-Made minor terrain changes.
-Made more zombies at undead city.

Minor Update

-Made border guard drop zombies rather than mutated zombies.
-Lessened zombie defense in some areas.
-Made healers much better.

-Version 3.7

-Added a help me system for people who lose their hero and builder.
-Greatly buffed all heroes health.
-Minor terrain changes.

-Version 3.8

-Reforged

- SOME HINTS AND TIPS/DESCRIPTION

Its a good idea to build an encampment first thing in order to create a city later on. There are open areas provided for a town but you can make your own if you get enough workers together to clear some trees.

You can get workers in the beginning from the first towns cathedral. Most units in the cathedral are limited so its first come first serve. You can also get villagers that give you 2 income each but the first cathedral has a very small amount available so you'll need to build a city if you want to get more of them.

Exploring the map is a good idea because there are tons of hidden items and food supplies all over the map. There are also refugee camps all over the place and destroying their towns gives you tons of cash.

HERES THE STORY

In the far lands of the southern kingdom, a beleaguered king prepares his people for a desperate struggle for survival. The undead came without warning and struck hard and fast. They took over one of his major towns to the Northwest.

Hundreds of desperate refugees crossed the border into his lands pillaging and killing at will. The zombies had destroyed there kingdom and now they intended to take what they could from others to survive.

The brave king acted quickly, sending the majority of his armies to combat the undead hordes, but this was a mistake. As they entered battle against the endless hordes, it went bad from the beginning. Huge mutant beasts routed and slaughtered dozens of men at a time creating even more horrifying enemies to fight. A soldier would kill one zombie only to see his best friend turned into one coming after him. After he struck him down ten more would come to try and do the same. For every one you killed it seemed like there were three more. Every human they killed made the zombie ranks even more powerful. The soldiers could not take much more of this. In a little over an hour the entire army was routing from the zombies.

Thankfully, the king was no fool and had a backup plan. He had dug a trench along the outskirts of the battle in order to contain the imminent threat, the zombies poured upon the trenches relentlessly but were eventually held back and destroyed. With the ground full of dead soldiers and creatures, the king claimed victory over the zombies.

The trenches have held for three months now under constant siege. The king has called for aid from the neighboring kingdoms and eight kingdoms have answered him. The kingdoms only hope now lies in these noble kings hands. They need to push the undead back and retake the capital city in order to claim victory. The king needs your help! Will you answer his call?

I would like to thank:
deme3s, Flavius Alexander, vindorei, Barorque, Tamplier, Vulfar, MWM, stick
For the models used on this map after the reforging.

Proof of blessing from the original creator, screenshot taken on the 16th of June 2022

Keywords:
The plague, Zombies, Armies, Battles, Cities, plague,
Previews
Contents

The Plague V3.8 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I'll cautiously approve this even if it's mostly a reskin for Reforged. I see though there are some game adjustments so that's good. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I'll cautiously approve this even if it's mostly a reskin for Reforged. I see though there are some game adjustments so that's good.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/