• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Legacy of Legends Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Submission Name:
Katrean, Capital of the Citean.

Submission Type:
City

Description:
Katrean is the Underground capital of the Citean.
It is a huge, underground Mining city.
From here, the leader of all the Shev-Citean rule their Works.

History:
Katrean were founded with the first Shev-Citeans.
It has grown along with the Shev-Citean Works, and is like a reflection of it's might

Climate:
Underground

Continent:
Inkita

Flora & Fauna:
Mostly anything that grows/lives underground on Inkita.

On the South Eastern Mountains of Inkita.

Specials:
The metal has powerful quality and is known to have bizarre magic metals.

Controller:
The Shev-Citean Works and the Shevaen Empire

Level 27
Regular world concepts. We can allways change them during the game.
I also (again) suggest that magic works like... well... like how high-fantasy magic generally works. :p

Also guys, if you need maps like the one i made for Inkita, please do tell.
I enjoy making them. ^^

Level 16
Seems that this will be fun. Count me as an RP-er!

Submission Name:
Dragonoth
Submission Type:
Race
Description:
Humanoid Dragons. Red breathes fire, Blue breathes ice, etc.
History:
Not much is known about Dragonoth. Mainly because they never left their dwelling, the Sylovoth Island or known to most mortals as Isle of Mist. They are rumored to match, and even beat Dragons on terms of power.
Average Age/Approximate Age: (Race/Char)
Eternal. Some do die of Old Age because they lost their powers to live eternally because of something, usually breaking the law that all Dragonoths must follow. They can be killed though.
Body Build: (Height/Weight, for Race/Char)
Massive. Mature Dragonoths could reach 15 Meters in height. Funnily, Ancient Dragonoths only reach 20 Meters at most.
Physical Traits: (Scales/Wings, # of Arms etc., for Race/Char)
They are scaly. And has wings. And breathe something based on their color.
General Appearance: (Race/Char)
Humanoid Dragons. Need I say more?

Submission Name:
Sylovothian Elf
Submission Type:
Race
Description:
Your usual elf. They have special traits that I will explain later.
History:
Sylovothian Elves lives in the Isle of Mist as refugees. They are welcomed by the Dragonoths and blessed by the Essence of the Wild, granting different types different alternate forms.
Depends on Type and Rank. Varies for about 100-300 (Lowest Rank), 400-600 (Middle Rank), and 800-Eternal (Highest Rank)
Don't tell me you've never seen an Elf.
Physical Traits: (Scales/Wings, # of Arms ect., for Race/Char)
Depends on Type.
"Hi ho! I'm an Elf"

Type Differences:
The Sylovothian Elves have their type divided according to the form they took from the power of the Essence.

First Type: The Wing-Wielders
As the name says, they fly and took the form of Birds.
Highest Rank: Keeper of Secrets, Skylord
Middle Rank: Eaglemans
Lowest Rank: Harpies

Second Type: The Groundwalkers
Even after being blessed by the Essence's power, they still choose to walk upon the ground.
Highest Rank: Keeper of Wisdom, Behemoth
Middle Rank: Minotaur
Lowest Rank: Werewolf

Third Type: The Marinebreathers
The members of this type choose the sunken cave below Sylovoth Island as their dwelling.
Highest Rank: Keeper of Power, Leviathan
Middle Rank: Mermen
Lowest Rank: Fishmen

Submission Name:
Sylovoth Island
Submission Type:
Place
Description:
The ancient island where the Dragonoths and Sylovoth Elves live. It is covered with a very thick mist, hence the nickname Isle of Mist.
History:
Dragonoths are the native of this island. The Sylovoth Elves choose this island as their refugee 1000 years ago.
Climate: (Territory/City/Continent/Plane)
Misty. At Stormy Night with a Full-Moon, the mist will disperse and make the Island accessible to travelers. Marinebreathers face constant threats of raging undersea tornado and whirlpools.
Continent: (Territory/City/Continent/Plane)
Not included into any continents as it's positioned in the middle of the sea.
Flora & Fauna: (Territory/City/Continent/Plane) (Animals must be approved)
Very, very scarce (Fauna, that is). What appears there includes plants and animals that you'd find on Beaches, Forests, and Mountains. Wing-Wielders face constant threats of Wild Dragons.
In the middle of the sea, obscured by giant rocks.
Geography: (Territory/City/Continent/Plane)
A medium-sized island, go deeper and you'll find forests, go deeper and higher ad you'll find the mountain where the Dragonoths and Wing-Wielders live. Dragonoths live on the top of the mountain.
Specials: (Territory/City/Continent/Plane)
The mist that cover the Island is so thick that everything would look the same to normal mortal's eyes: Plain White Fog.
Controller: (Territory/City/Continent/Plane) (What in-game group)
Syovothian Elves and Dragonoths. They live at peace with each-other.

Ho hum. I know that the post is too long. And I apologize to not use bold tags.

Level 27
Seems that this will be fun. Count me as an RP-er!

Submission Name:
Dragonoth
Submission Type:
Race
Description:
Humanoid Dragons. Red breathes fire, Blue breathes ice, etc.
History:
Not much is known about Dragonoth. Mainly because they never left their dwelling, the Sylovoth Island or known to most mortals as Isle of Mist. They are rumored to match, and even beat Dragons on terms of power.
Eternal. Some do die of Old Age because they lost their powers to live eternally because of something, usually breaking the law that all Dragonoths must follow. They can be killed though.
Massive. Mature Dragonoths could reach 15 Meters in height. Funnily, Ancient Dragonoths only reach 20 Meters at most.
Physical Traits: (Scales/Wings, # of Arms etc., for Race/Char)
They are scaly. And has wings. And breathe something based on their color.
Humanoid Dragons. Need I say more?

Submission Name:
Sylovothian Elf
Submission Type:
Race
Description:
Your usual elf. They have special traits that I will explain later.
History:
Sylovothian Elves lives in the Isle of Mist as refugees. They are welcomed by the Dragonoths and blessed by the Essence of the Wild, granting different castes different alternate forms.
Depends on Caste and Rank. Varies for about 100-300 (Lowest Rank), 400-600 (Middle Rank), and 800-Eternal (Highest Rank)
Don't tell me you've never seen an Elf.
Physical Traits: (Scales/Wings, # of Arms ect., for Race/Char)
Depends on Caste.
"Hi ho! I'm an Elf"

Caste Differences:
The Sylovothian Elves have their caste divided according to the form they took from the power of the Essence.

First Caste: The Wing-Wielders
As the name says, they fly and took the form of Birds.
Highest Rank: Keeper of Secrets, Skylord
Middle Rank: Eaglemans
Lowest Rank: Harpies

Second Caste: The Groundwalkers
Even after being blessed by the Essence's power, they still choose to walk upon the ground.
Highest Rank: Keeper of Wisdom, Behemoth
Middle Rank: Minotaur
Lowest Rank: Werewolf

Third Caste: The Marinebreathers
The members of this Caste choose the sunken cave below Sylovoth Island as their dwelling.
Highest Rank: Keeper of Power, Leviathan
Middle Rank: Mermen
Lowest Rank: Fishmen

Submission Name:
Sylovoth Island
Submission Type:
Place
Description:
The ancient island where the Dragonoths and Sylovoth Elves live. It is covered with a very thick mist, hence the nickname Isle of Mist.
History:
Dragonoths are the native of this island. The Sylovoth Elves choose this island as their refugee 1000 years ago.
Misty. At Stormy Night with a Full-Moon, the mist will disperse and make the Island accessible to travelers. Marinebreathers face constant threats of raging undersea tornado and whirlpools.
Not included into any continents as it's positioned in the middle of the sea.
Flora & Fauna: (Territory/City/Continent/Plane) (Animals must be approved)
Very, very scarce (Fauna, that is). What appears there includes plants and animals that you'd find on Beaches, Forests, and Mountains. Wing-Wielders face constant threats of Wild Dragons.
In the middle of the sea, obscured by giant rocks.
A medium-sized island, go deeper and you'll find forests, go deeper and higher ad you'll find the mountain where the Dragonoths and Wing-Wielders live. Dragonoths live on the top of the mountain.
The mist that cover the Island is so thick that everything would look the same to normal mortal's eyes: Plain White Fog.
Syovothian Elves and Dragonoths. They live at peace with each-other.

Ho hum. I know that the post is too long. And I apologize to not use bold tags.

You stole my caste system! :(
Please, really, don't do that.
I made my elves have those castes to make them unique, and it would seriously suck if every race in the world has castes now. :S

Apart from that, this stuf's pretty good. I cast my vote for approval.

Level 16
Ho hum. What word should I use to change the word Caste. No, but, really, I made the Caste System without looking at yours. Well, okay, I "stole" the word caste from you. Now, onwards to the drawing board!

Level 19
Submission Name:
Ramorughaur

Submission Type:

Race

Description:
The Ramorughaur are large humanoid creatures which inhabit the highlands of Tuoreguro. They have thick fur and are powerfully built. They have an anatomy resembling that of a gorilla, and an almost ape-like face. They have quite large claws and horns protrouding from the back of their head. They are Herbivorus.

History:

The Ramorughaur have inhabited the Tuoreguro Highlands for as long as anyone can remember. They live in simple tribal societies and rarely war with each other. They have buried their dead at the Cliff of Ancestors in Sarcophages mounted on wooden platforms on the cliffside itself, and it is said that the shamans can wield the ancrestal powers there.

A Ramorughaur usually have a lifespan of 160 years.

Usually between 7 and 9ft. tall, weighs between 200 to 600 pounds.

Pysical Traits: (Scales/Wings, # of Arms ect., for Race/Char)
Incredible Strength, Horns, Claws, Herbivorous.

Roughly what I had in mind:
135376-albums2589-picture27467.png

---and---

Submission Name:
Tuoreguro Highlands

Submission Type:
Description:
The Tuoreguro Highlands are vast steppes located close to a large mountain range. There are scattered woodland areas dotting the steppes, and the high cliff known as the Cliff of the Ancestors can be seen from almost any place on the steppes. Many small rivers run across the steppes, giving it a cracked appearance.

History:
Tuoreguro is the native lands of the Ramorughaur. Their small villages are located close to the numerous woodland areas. Tuoreguro have long been inhabited by a vast population of Tatanka (The Native American name for Bison), and wild horses. Brown Bears and Wolves also roams the vast steppes, and wild boars are occasionally found to.

Temperate

Nar’oseot

Flora & Fauna: (Territory/City/Continent/Plane)

Pine trees, freshwater fish, Tatanka, Wild Horses, Brown Bears, Wolves, Boars, Grass and herbs, eagles, falcons, typical "temperate" birds such as sparrows and woodchucks, and of course Ramorughaur.

North on Nar’oseot

Flat, a vast steppe full of rivers and small woodlands.

The Cliff of Ancestors.

The Ramorughaur tribes are the closest you can get.

Level 19
Submission name:
Soul/Spirit/Ancestor Magic

Submission Type:
Magic

Description:
The Soul Magic is the basic magic of the primitive races. It involves the use of spirits in nature combined with the four elements, Earth, Fire, Water and Air, and the caster's own life force. The Soul Magic usually is performed in tribal rituals, but it does have a variety of uses, including summoning spirits, animating the dead and healing.

Performing the magic:
When one is going to perform Soul Magic, one does need several material components. the caster does need a totem of some sort to use as a connection to the spirit world and the caster does need a spirit amulet which contains a part of his/her own life force and can be used to channel it. In addition, several strange and less strange components can be used to help channeling certain energied, these include special rocks, herbs, gems, metals, weeds, liquids and animal organs such as hearts and livers.

Side Effects:
Loss of Fatigue, Temporal Aging and sometimes Death.

Hope that this is ok, will surely need additional p(ylons)oints.

Last edited:
Level 27
Hmm... i kinda like that.
But we need another kind of magic too, one that's more freely cast (like the one i suggested allready, and that the Shevaen elves use).

Also:
About the Highlands map Gyro:
Any preferances? You wanna draw a sketch for it first?

The Jaal:
The flow of magic

The Jaal is a powerful flow of magic that can be 'tapped by magical beings called sorcerers. sorcerers can wield this magic at will, they have no limits to their power, but casting magic makes them unstable. too many spells, too quickly, or a spell that is to powerful will cause them to loose stability. the result of lost stability is explosion, transformation, mutation, warping the body or parts of the body to other places nd infestation of evil magical spirits called the Guienari'del'jaysou. commoners call them demons.

This magic flows through the air, and certain areas have lots, or none of it. and somtimes, the magic in the air is corrupted. All necromancers are sorcerers. necromancers harvest the power of a special kind of magic called Necrkortim, a special spirit-catch left behind in a body after death, that allows the spirit to be pulled back into the body and animate it once more, bound to the necrmancers will...

more later.

Level 16
Hm. I think it can be explained through this way:
"Sylovothian Elves are refugee elves who escaped their homeland after the first elven war, after which the remaining elves on the mainland rebuild their glorious civilization"

But that also means another lost piece in history.

Level 16
Just want to state something. If we can get this RP up, Dragonoth should be an un-playable race because of extreme imba-ness. And Sylovothian Elves should be limited to Middle Rank at maximum.

Level 20
You joinin' or just a fan? :D

Haha, just a fan at the moment. I've never role-played (in a forum) in my entire life, not sure I quite grasp the concepts...

Do you just advance 'a story' with each other or do you actually have combat and stats etc? (Like those books, where you make choices and roll dice against stats - like D&D stories!? I can't remember the term but with other people - I have read the rules sticky and got the former impression... ). :confused:

If it's the former, i'd love to give it a go (assuming you don't mind having a humble noob onboard) :)!

Otherwise i'd be better off getting some practice elsewhere first, as this looks like quite an ambitious rp, either way It'll be interesting enough to see how this plays out :)

Level 20
Awesome. :grin:

So I know you usually make your own character (when this starts) will it be the same case, or is more like your own race/empire? Also how do you 'advance' the story or know when the scene changes, etc? I'm just wondering because obviously you wouldn't all start in the same place.

Do you just write: 'Meanwhile' Etc... I would imagine their is some kind of moderation on the story progression?

EDIT: North eh? Hmm... Maybe... ¬.¬ I have an idea... We shall see...

Level 27
Psst. Fuss is talking to me Gray. ;)
Also, that seems fine fuss. Is it a big city, a small city or just an encampment?

Also gray: I guess that it works like this: You make your own empires, places, continents ETC.
But in the game you play as a single char. Right?

Level 20
Psst. Fuss is talking to me Gray. ;)
Also, that seems fine fuss. Is it a big city, a small city or just an encampment?

Also gray: I guess that it works like this: You make your own empires, places, continents ETC.
But in the game you play as a single char. Right?

:xxd: Wow do I feel stupid :slp:

lol, oh that's a nice way of doing it though :thumbs_up:

I didn't have an idea anyway... not that it helps my case :eekani:

...So would it be ok if I joined? :cute: Again I understand if you'd rather I didn't :wink:

Level 27
If you do not join i will personally cauterize your gooch. (google it.)
Also: about NPC's: In my case, i will probably be controlling the leaders of the Shevaen elves, but more possibly as charecters then as simply controlling the faction.
(I hope that's 'kay with you flat.)

Status
Not open for further replies.