• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive has reached 1 million posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I don't know if i'm the only one that has noticed it, but i would think that someone would have at least posted something about this earlier.

This is a pretty cool milestone, not really super important, but it's still something to celebrate.

So here's to 1 million posts!

Level 9
That's a whole lot more than what I go to, including the Warcraft III Campaigns and THe Masters of Map Making. A lot of activity comes from here, and I guess it has come.

Shall we hold a party? ;) .

Level 36
Meh, Wc3c has had very minimal activity over the last few years. if not for that fact, they would have been far ahead of the hive.

That is so untrue. This is because WC3C is a community aimed at upper-level mappers and mature people, and there aren't very many of either of those around, let alone people who are both. Hive is more of an "everyone" site.

Level 9
Good overall description. The Warcraft III Campaigns is for the experts, while The Masters of Map Making is for the fun and the intellectual vocabulary.

I would agree what Void would say, it is for everyone. Its quite pleasing that anyone can be accepted here, not to show heavy experience.

Level 9
I contributed over nine thousand.

Also, POST #1,200,000 GET
Good for you, looks like you made a big contribution. Cheers for you Pyritie ;) +rep; this is one of the hugest forums ever to post that much during my experience with Warcraft III forums. We should have a date on celebrating this day :) .

The Hive is the first to reach over a million when I looked under the forum section. 1,001,745 post for me!

Level 14
~Void~ said:
That is so untrue. This is because WC3C is a community aimed at upper-level mappers and mature people, and there aren't very many of either of those around, let alone people who are both. Hive is more of an "everyone" site.
WC3C may be aimed at that, but the only reason it still exists is because some people are deathly loyal to it. Without that and with the fact that the site owner is in debt because of the site, it would (should) have been dead years ago.

V.I

V.I

Level 5
I don't think it's a good thing to be happy about being a community aimed at everyone, because that usually means less experienced people hang around. Needless to say, though, well done Hivers :)

Level 9
We still got some who are or semi talented.
I like to hear from that with many having some people being experienced; its good to see works being published, but some who don't have that much experience to produce something decent or excellent can otherwise contribute and be overall a still excellent user at The Hive.

Level 14
pha0001 said:
I like to hear from that with many having some people being experienced; its good to see works being published, but some who don't have that much experience to produce something decent or excellent can otherwise contribute and be overall a still excellent user at The Hive.
And this is why the Hive is the worst WC3 modding site, but one of the best WC3 community sites.

Level 15
Did it ever actually occour to you that WC3C and the Hive are not the only Warcaft III modding sites in existence?

I agree with Dusk there, Wc3c is known to be a great modding resource, and is linked to quite a bit when people need help. The Hive is the place to come if you want to be accepted and praised even if your resource sucks.

Last edited:

HFR

HFR

Level 22
That's why it have more than 30,000 users. Even that, from these 30,000, 28,000 are users whitout rep and/or have less than 50 posts.

As Wc3c has only 500 members (as I saw the last time I went there). the postcount (and spam) is a lot smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.