• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So, did you know yesterday life ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Apparently it was soposed to, at least.

Some mad 80-year old pastor, gave an interview, and said the apocalypse will commence yesterday. Why? Who knows, I don't, at least.

So I'm alive, what more needs to be said. You're here, I'm here, the hive's here, even the ground I walk on is here.

So where's that apocalypse?
Apparently, this isn't the first time we died, according to mad scientists and pastors, we died about 26 times so far, 27 without counting 2012.

Seriosly now. I have no respect whatsoever for these "pastors" or "tongue of god". I'm no pastor but in what I recall reading the bible when I was 4, jesus said man will not know when the apocalypse will come. Think about it, if we know, we wouldn't go to work, because what would be the point? We wouldn't make war3 models, because what's the point, and we wouldn't even take a walk in the park, because what's the point.
Who makes a living selling this bullpoop, seriosly now. I doubt we're any different than the cavemen that hided from the dark, or were afraid of things they couldn't explain.

In conclusion, this earth existed a few million years, and it will live a few millions more. Enough time to make us learn the technology to get our butts on another planet (Altho, I'd love to stay on this planet, it's awesome and I love it, and I would marry it if it was a person.)

Rapture has indeed begun. First casualty being Randy "Macho Man" Savage.

macho-man-randy-savage.jpg

Level 5
According to the local newspaper, some who believed this pastor quit their jobs, took large loans and spent all their money to make the most of the time they supposedly had left.

I feel just a tad sorry for them.

"Can't pay back the high-interest loan you took out to help me preach about the apocalypse? Problem?"
-Harold Camping

That preacher is probably one of the most successful unintentional IRL trolls to ever exist. Most people couldn't ruin the lives of others so thoroughly if they deliberately tried. The funniest thing is that he's too nutty to realize what he is.

Anyway, I have a hard time being sympathetic to his followers. What happened to them is terrible, but in large part self-inflicted. If you've stooped to the level of believing a radio host who predicts the end of the world based on a "code" in a bronze-age myth, you're sort of asking for it.

Level 35
I would feel sorry for the people who believed this pastor if they weren't amazingly stupid for not looking at events where this has happened before. Predicting the end of the world has usually been proven to go wrong. Although I would suggest that it's gone right for someone, as you do get all these idiots who think 'well shit! I have to do something really quick!'.

Just like Y2K with all the fearmongers out there. Just start selling anti-rapture gear and you should make a hefty profit.

Level 3
According to NPR, his reasoning is that he calculated (who knows how) that yesterday was the 7000th anniversary of the end of Noah's Flood. Don't ask me what that has to do with the Rapture, either.

According to NPR, his reasoning is that he calculated (who knows how) that yesterday was the 7000th anniversary of the end of Noah's Flood. Don't ask me what that has to do with the Rapture, either.

Couldn't we just buy God some anniversary flowers and get it over with then instead of going through this whole "end of the world" drama?

Level 17
Well he is very old, perhaps it is his time.

"Sorry May 21st, imma let you finish.. but 2012 had the best end of the world date of all time! OF ALL TIME!"

Level 22
I don't understand why people still believe that guy. This is the third time, third time he fails. If you sell everything you own and give your money to the church so they can spread the message then you're kinda asking for it.

Level 3
No seriosly, the money part I just found out.

Why, why give your money to him. Why give him YOUR money, if he will be dead too. Just burn it, seriosly, if you don't need money just burn it, anywhere but there.

I've come to the conclussion that the world did in fact end, and only the hive users exist, in their houses which are now placed on floating rocks in space. The hive cannot die, it will still exist even after doomsday, won't it? :p

Level 5
I always knew there were dramatic and psychopatic people at the same time. But yeah, I still get suprised everytime by their presence...
They must drink a lot of alcohol or get high to live like that : "I was doing maths for long time, we will die soon!" then "oh wait, I made a mistake, let me count it again in few seconds - right, we'll die a few months later".

I don't have words for stupidity of this world... if that guy was working like a regular person he wouldn't bother to think about religious aspects and some bloody apocalypses. Give him a shovel and let him dig holes 8 hours daily.

Level 17
The apocalypse is all in your mind.
2011 and 2012 will not be the end of the world, it will though be the end of the social world with all these wicked games coming out.

Level 5
Honestly, you can call something an apocalypse when you get injurned for lifetime in an accident.
Some people are living their own end of the world everyday so more official events don't really bother them. It doesn't matter when you lose a person you love or when you feel hopless.
However, im up for fatality of humanity. That will be awesome, seeing all these people screaming and running for their lives! Man... I am insane...

Level 5
Such events happened since Earth has formed up. Nothing new...
It's just the thing that centuries/ages ago there was no TV and internet, so people didn't really know much about that, and they belived such things were caused by angry gods and crazy cultists.

Status
Not open for further replies.