• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So, did you know yesterday life ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there have been even more serious ones from the Pompei and various other eruptions or great floods and earthquakes. We are talking about frequency here, from China and New Orleans to Haiti, Chile, Japan, parts of Australia floods, now Missouri's tornadoes, this except China and New Orleans happened for just the last 3-4 years..

One emission of the news three diasasters and if this is normal the climate has indeed changed, somehow I fail to become ignorant calling it 'nothing new'...

Well note some things, it's easier to correlate data from around the world now into a manor that shows the true frequency of such events, going really far back best sources we've got are unreliable or only reliable for a small, isolated area.

As for the change in climate, that could be natural or man-made sources - a predictor for the end of the world? No - an avoidable nuisance in the future? Possibly. It's hard to formulate an exact stance on Global warming itself in that there's many sources, both natural and man-made that could constitute the majority of it - as for the issue itself, I think it's often used to distract as it's very often simply dismissed when arguing from a political stance (where facts are often manipulated to sway, or even ignored completely) when there's so many more problems that result from carbon emissions that we can much more obviously see (unhealthy air conditions in cities, acid rain, etc.).

Basically if anything's coming, we have plenty of time to see it coming (with the sort of thing people normally point to for end of the world scenarios) so instant end of the world scenarios are just sensationalist annoyances.

Level 6
According to the local newspaper, some who believed this pastor quit their jobs, took large loans and spent all their money to make the most of the time they supposedly had left.

I feel just a tad sorry for them.

I don't feel sorry for them at all.

Consider this: People who believe in the rapture believe that only the righteous will be taken and the rest of us greedy, dishonest people will stay to fight and suffer and die slowly over time. So what do they do? Take out large loans so they can (greedily) live out the rest of their lives in a state of frivolous excess without ever expecting to pay back the creditors who lent them the money (dishonest). When the rapture comes, will they really be saved or "taken up"? I doubt it. It's about the most unchristian behaviour they can do under the circumstances. It was reckless and it was foolish. If I was a Christian and believed that the rapture was coming and that I would be taken up I would sell all of my worldly possessions or donate them to the needy. I would set up shelters and kitchens to help the poor. I would not go on a cruise and sip martinis while i waited for the unrighteous to suffer a grizzly death.

Those people sicken me.

Edit: Besides, we all know that Randy "Macho Man" Savage has god in a headlock until he promises not to rapture anybody else.

amirite?

Most of the believers are idiots. I've limited the time I spent around Catholic chicks, yet I can count on both hands the amount of times their parents have tried to perform an exorcism on me, or called me the devil, or some such thing, while misquoting the bible.

If not for that, I'd probably think that the Westboro Baptist Church is an isolated incident.

Level 7
haha... sucha noobface pastorpriestman :D all this shet about world ending is just hilarious bullshitting... like one day i was sitting on a train and some Jehovah's Witness (or whatever they're called in english) was spouting stuff about god and the doom of the ones with a false beliefth.

he told me that god'll appear to us all on 2012 and save all the dudes who believe in him... and he gave me this old dirty card which said ''One way ticked to heaven'', so apparently i'm now saved from all this, woohoo :D. funny stuff

Level 6
Anyone who actually reads the Bible knows that doomsayers are just servants of the devil sent to divide and conquer through fear and panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.