• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The "Finish my stuff because I can't or I am too lazy" resource project

So, what is this "request" about, you may ask? In reality, I am not "requesting" anything per se. I am providing something incomplete, that can be useful.

This is a thread in which anyone who does not really NEED a resource finished - can attach their unfinished stuff. Contrary to a similar thread, this is mostly about providing unfinished stuff and having someone complete it if they want to, instead of requesting things to be completed because you personally need it.

The reason for this is that most of us have stuff laying around that we either lost the interest to work on, or lack the necessary skills to finish. In a way, this means we have put work into something that does not benefit us, and doesn't benefit the community, either. And this thread is an attempt to remedy that by at least letting others finish the resource off of your base. This includes maps, of course.

Therefore:

If you have a resource that's unfinished but you think that finishing it would benefit the community, and you don't feel like it, post it here.

Let me start, then. I have attached bellow the resources that anyone can use to create their own resource out of.

MechaJuggernaut is a model I made a long time ago, that I never got to either animate myself, or rig to Tauren Chieftain animations. The mesh perfectly conforms to Tauren Chieftain animations, so it can be rigged to it easily. Also his axe kinda sucks, it should be reworked.

SomeDemonKindaThingWithBladeArms is not even scaled properly, so someone would need to re-scale the model and animate it/rig it to some animation set.

Swordy is a sword attachment I made a long time ago. Needs to be rescaled, possibly have geosets merged, then rotated and tweaked until it fits most attachable units.

DungeonTiles basically contains a bunch of dungeon tiles connected together. They can be broken apart and exported individually so that they can be used individually.

DungeonAxe is a simple axe model I made a long time ago, that uses the dark portal texture. I have no idea what needs to be done to it to make it useful, but if you need it or want it, complete it.

AzsharaTree is a tree model which I never tried in game after making it. I don't know what needs to be changed, or care to change it myself.

All of the models that I have posted - anyone can modify and upload. If the models are of satisfactory quality, they'll be accepted. It's just that I won't finish and/or upload them.

Have fun, or upload your own unfinished stuff.

Attachments

• MechaJuggernaut.mdx
    92.2 KB · Views: 230
  • SomeDemonKindaThingWithBladeArms.mdx
    24.6 KB · Views: 253
  • Swordy.mdx
    6.7 KB · Views: 226
  • DungeonTiles.mdx
    10.5 KB · Views: 204
  • DungeonAxe.mdx
    5.9 KB · Views: 209
  • AzsharaTree.mdx
    7.7 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Level 14
The following is a russian field cannon produced by the famous industries Putilov of St. Petersburg in the years of the WW1, now known as Kirow plant. The factory is famous for having been one of the starting points of the "revolution of February" (The Putilov Strike of 1917 - Wikipedia).

The proportions are off, it lacks collision shapes, proper attachment points, proper particles, the animations need a rework.
As per thread theme: anyone can modify and upload.

Attachments

• Putilov107mmM1910_v00.mdx
    32 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

San

San

Level 32
Have some unfinished icons here, not providing the big image or original files though.
Feel free to edit or lick it if you've got the time.
full
full
full
full
full

1.Unleash- Confusing, maybe the effect needs to be cleaned up.
2.Cthulhu- Lacks of proper shading.
3.Amon's Dagger- Ugly.
4.Weird Fruit on Twig- Rough sketch.
5.Ice Shell/Hide- Light source/highlights have focusing issue as stated by some.

Level 16
Oh God, if i managed to finish all the stuff i have started back in the day, sheesh... Very cool idea, if there will be volounteers to do the work.

Level 2
Im looking for some people experinced or versalite with world edtior to collab,coach,teach me or possibly just finish this project if they want to i got the map semi terrained out and a general idea of all the zones and their levels and the storyline but i just need help making a city ai a guard ai enemy ai and quests zones music and the triggers for a rpg map zone music stat balancing enterable structures caves houses im looking forward to putting all the iconic characters from your favriote games,books,movies,tv shows,cartoons,anime but i need help with making the triggers i got the storyline down its basically like a beat em up rpg but i want it to have a lot of detail and story sorry if my writing is all over the place im just so pumped because i worked on this map for awhile now & i wanted to make my little brother a cool map to play he just wanted to see all his childhood heros team up like spongebob goku marvel dc starwars lord of the rings etc...

Attachments

• Dimensions Crossover.w3x
    446.9 KB · Views: 118
Can I post Eve of Salvation mod on here? Other than the Northpact race, who are in Heavens Fall again now, pretty much all the other content in this tiny mod is just unloved and thrown aside:

[Altered Melee] - Eve of Salvation

This mod doesn't work in 1.28 and beyond so it's pretty dead. But it had the Cactusleaf Clan race and an advanced version of my S.E.N.T.I.N.E.L. race that was originally a techtree contest entry -- basically nightelves from space with jetpacks and what have you.

So, whatever this project is to you, it's a pretty dead end to me.

Edit: More description, it's not well organized unless you find a way to play the mod, but it has models for Thrall Riding a Furbolg, a Blademaster with Green Dragon Wings, and a ton of other random simple model edits that I threw together for these races. Also some goofy spaceship models with pieces taken from the Goblin Zeppelin, etc. Cactusleaf Clan buildings have a pretty fun Green/Orange ying yang ground texture.

Eve of Salvation mod was also featured in the following parody video:

Last edited:
Level 5
Clash Beta 0.31

Here is a skillshot based aos I did last time. Its playable with just three heroes.
Things that I was going to do but were too lazy to do.
1) A stat based system
Strength
Reduce debuff duration
+hp regen
Hp
Dmg

Agility
Reduce all cooldown ability max 40%
Other things?

Int
Increase ability power
Increase mana regen
Increase mana

A tier based item system or something where a user can buy items in an easier way compared to recipe. Maybe make the items upgradeable from the slot itself. Simple and intuitive would be good.

More heroes possibly but sort out all the in game mechanics first. Like implementing a custom buff system etc.

If u want to continue this map do let me knw. Just email me or something.
[email protected]

Level 3
That is my unsuccessful attempt making skin Oceanus Shenron. They are here all images and textures.

Attachments

• oceanustexture.blp
    111.4 KB · Views: 105
  • ocean shenron.png
    ocean shenron.png
    477.9 KB · Views: 296
  • oceanustexture.png
    oceanustexture.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 252
I possess actual dozens of maps with (semi-to entirely finished) quality terrain from various projects over the years that never bared fruit.
And with "actual dozens", I mean somewhere around 40, lol.
I don't know if posting a random 30-40 terrain maps here serves the purpose of this threat, though.
(And therefore, I won't attach them to this message.)

All of the maps are pretty much random custom campaign mission designs with randomly edited and placed units in them, but none have triggers, nor any imported models or resources.
I can promise nearly all of them are worth-while to be repurposed because of the quality of their layouts and terrain.

If I do get approval to attach like 20+ custom campaign terrain maps here, I will try to spend a great deal of time, to filter out the mostly done stuff and retouch them before posting. That way, they will be in a nearly ready-to-use state.

Edit: any map that I would post here is entirely 100% my work. And anyone who wants it can just flat out take it.
These maps bring nothing but sadness to me and seeing them put to use would make me very happy.
Therefore, you won't even have to credit me if you decide to put any to use.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I'm not sure I understand your concern.

Are you "waiting for approval"? Because that was given implicitly in the thread title & explicitly in the first post. :<

Are you trying to avoid 'filling the page' with these uploads? Because several others have uploaded plenty of things. Alternatively, you can just post a link to Pastebin which contains all the uploads (making things look much nicer). Similarly for pictures of the maps (provide a link to a populated Album of Media).

Are you saying you want to avoid the actual work of uploading?... Honestly that's fair; sounds like a lot of work. Not sure I can help you with that one (kinda lazy myself, lol), except to say that by succumbing to that, it begs the question "why post". For people to be interested in doing something with your work, you are kinda behoven (sp?) to provide some insight (if not access) as to what exactly you have (beyond just text descriptions). That's kinda the point of the entire thread. :<

Good luck either way.

Here's 20 of them up front.
Got about 10 more of them incoming. (Maybe another 20 lol)

Each one is provided with title, screenshots, description, a state of done-ness in %, Terrain rating and ofc the map file.
The Terrain Rating is entirely subjective and given by myself as I am pretty critical of my own work.
The "State" is supposed to represent in how far the terrain is finished and often comes with an extra note.
Out of these, a good deal of them are labelled "Ready for use!" and thus, 100% finished in my eyes.

Have fun looking through these and feel free to use absolutely everyting.
No credit or permission needed.

~Substandard Terrain~
Unfinished Map 1 - "Northrend Cave Escape" (2015)
Unfinished Map 2 - "Frostmourne Map" (2014)
Unfinished Map 3 - "Tropical Islands" (2015)
Unfinished Map 4 - "Barrens Mountain Map" (2016)

~Average Terrain (SD/HD)~
Unfinished Map 5 - "Ashenvale Chapter Thing" (2016)
Unfinished Map 6 - "Ashenvale Chapter Thing 2" (2016)
Unfinished Map 7 - "Arena Map Terrain" (2017)
Unfinished Map 8 - "Vandemar Village Melee" (2018)
Unfinished Map 9 - "Barrens Map Thing" (2016)

~Average Terrain (SD Only)~
Unfinished Map 10 - "Argus" (2016)
Unfinished Map 11 - "Molten Core" (2014)

~Good Terrain (SD/HD)~
Unfinished Map 12 - "Blasted Lands" (2017)
Unfinished Map 13 - "Draenor" (2015)
Unfinished Map 14 - "Founding a Nation" (2014)
Unfinished Map 15 - "Hellfire Peninsula" (2018)

~Good Terrain (HD Only)~
Unfinished Map 16 - "Human 02 - Re-imagined" (2021)

~Amazing Terrain (SD/HD)~
Unfinished Map 17 - "Human 01 - Remastered" (2018)
Unfinished Map 18 - "The Culling - Remastered" (2016)

~Amazing Terrain (SD Only)~
Unfinished Map 19 - "Poor Expedition" (2016-2018)
Unfinished Map 20 - "Human 02 - Remastered" (2017)

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
No idea what that term means
nor am I any good at organizing for that matter :(
Well, you can look up how to create tables on a forum with HTML or VB code or whatever (they used to have a little guide on the Hive, but with the update I have no clue where it is). Ah! I just noticed the post editor (the place where you write a post response in a thread) has a little row of yellow buttons at the top with a "Create Table" button (along with Bold, Italics, Color, Alignment, etc). Check that out. : )

In the mean-time/alternatively, when I spoke of a "hard-return", basically I just mean pushing the [Enter] key on your keyboard (usually on the middle/right-hand side, left of the arrow keys/numpad; the button you normally push in a text editing program (e.g. Word, Notepad, etc) to move to the next line).

So instead of:

Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4...
you would have
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Just makes things more organized & readable. You can even go a step farther & get fancy with symbols to help set things off:
=~=~=Finished Terrains=~=~=~
  • Link 1
  • Link 2
=~=~=Unfinished Terrains=~=~=
  • Link 3
  • Link 4

etc.

I've got a pretty huge and unfinished project laying around I called Azeroth RPG. The map is attached to the linked thread.
This map was supposed to be a grand scale open world RPG with automatic save/load, quests, dungeons, bosses and more, but I couldn't keep myself motivated to finish it because of all those things combined. Idk if this is the appropriate place to post it, but there you go.

You have my permission to use it as you wish.

Important notes:
  • The map script is Lua.
  • The map was made with reforged graphics in mind, so the terrain will not look as good on classic graphics (doodad size inconsistencies and missing models on classic)
  • The map eats roughly 12-16 GB of RAM when launched with reforged graphics, because it uses more than half the game assets.
  • It requires game version 1.32.9 to open.

Last edited:
Well, you can look up how to create tables on a forum with HTML or VB code or whatever (they used to have a little guide on the Hive, but with the update I have no clue where it is). Ah! I just noticed the post editor (the place where you write a post response in a thread) has a little row of yellow buttons at the top with a "Create Table" button (along with Bold, Italics, Color, Alignment, etc). Check that out. : )

In the mean-time/alternatively, when I spoke of a "hard-return", basically I just mean pushing the [Enter] key on your keyboard (usually on the middle/right-hand side, left of the arrow keys/numpad; the button you normally push in a text editing program (e.g. Word, Notepad, etc) to move to the next line).

So instead of:

you would have

Just makes things more organized & readable. You can even go a step farther & get fancy with symbols to help set things off:

etc.
Is it good now?
I will be sorting and posting more this evening

do you recommend I add them to the existing post, or make a new one?
It's another 10-20 maps.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Is it good now?
I will be sorting and posting more this evening

do you recommend I add them to the existing post, or make a new one?
It's another 10-20 maps.
Looks much better. : )

I would definitely suggest keeping it all to one post, that's usually the much preferred option. And if you're worried about people missing updates, you can simply post in this thread with a link back to your main 'upload post'.