• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help me finish a model!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years ago I put together a model of a Naaru. I never had the talent to add any animations or particles to it so here I am hoping that someone can finish this last step for me. All I ask for is a simple stand animation with the different model's different segments bobbing up and down and expanding and retracting from the its center. If you're feeling generous, some particles or a glow might look nice (here are two references (1) (2)), though these are not required for my request to be complete.

If anyone is able to do this, I will give you some reputation and you may submit the completed model to the resources section. Below is a screenshot of the model in its current state. Contact me and I will happily send you the needed files.

Edit: I intend to improve the texture a bit so what you see below will not be identical to the final version.

Attachments

• ss0000.JPG
    ss0000.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
It's a lot less complex than it looks, really. In fact, I think it would be excellent entry point to start animating, why don't you give it a try yourself?

I have been led to believe that only certain versions of 3D Studio Max (the program which I would like to practice with) are Warcraft-friendly. I could use Milkshape as an alternative, but I don't really want to re-familiarize myself with the interface. I'll consider doing it myself, but only if it's a quick, relatively simple process.

Level 17
I have been led to believe that only certain versions of 3D Studio Max (the program which I would like to practice with) are Warcraft-friendly. I could use Milkshape as an alternative, but I don't really want to re-familiarize myself with the interface. I'll consider doing it myself, but only if it's a quick, relatively simple process.

Ugh, Milkshape... I tried it for two hours before I gave up. Never again.

I have animated several models including this and this with just Warshape. By the look of it your Naaru will only require 5-6 bones, you can create them with Magos' Editor and connect them to the mesh with Oinkerwinkle's Tools.
3ds Max may be more convenient - at least you won't need to hop between 5 different programs - but is no way mandatory to make decent animations.

Let me know if you want to give it a try, and I'll try to write a small guide for Warshape.

3ds Max may be more convenient - at least you won't need to hop between 5 different programs - but is no way mandatory to make decent animations.

The reason I mentioned 3DS Max is because I already have it installed and have some experience with it already, but I've never used it for animation or anything in Warcraft.

Let me know if you want to give it a try, and I'll try to write a small guide for Warshape.

I'd be willing to give Warshape a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.