• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model: Naaru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Anyone who has played The Burning Crusade for any considerable amount of time should know what I'm talking about.

I would say that this would be an easy model to make, but I'm not a modeler (hence the request) and I really have no place saying that. My reasons for justifying this request are:

1. First off, I'd benefit from it. Hell, I'd use it all the time. I'm sure there's plenty of users out there who haven't yet realized how they could appreciate a Naaru model.
2. There's Draenei models being churned out by Hive, WC3 Campaigns, and other resource sites, and a Naaru would be a suiting addition.
3. Little variation; each Naaru is more or less the same shape - not considering a few extra shards or 'spikes' which require you to compare Naaru side by side to tell the difference - and brightness level, otherwise, only differing in particle coloring and textures (not counting size, which is changed by scaling in WoW just as in WC3). Practically anyone with light skill and a decent image editing program can make their own skin and other beginner modelers will be able to change particle emitters as well.
4. Naaru require very little animation when you reference their WoW models and compare them to the standards Blizzard has set for humanoid Hero models. The last time I checked, the Naaru use the same floating animation for Standing and Walking, and have Attack and Death animations (but don't pin me down on that).
5. I'm not asking for a WoW export.
6. I am a proud and honorable American and I promise not to invade anyone's country and steal their oil. :thumbs_up::grin:

Thank you men
:cute:

Level 2
Hell, if I got a Naaru model, I'd break out some sound editing software and make a nice, tonal, pretty humming effect.

Then I guess I'd put it on a map and surround it by a bunch of these: wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=90568

And stare at it for a while

in awe

Level 9
Here's the model i didn't make this ff7projectg made this model but since everyone wants it i guess i should upload it again since he removed it after 5 minutes of post...please don't -rep me for this! also credits to blizzard!

HT: You are an idiot for uploading a wow model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Honestly i don't understand the reason why it is forbidden to have a model of a naaru. Am i not allowed to have one just because the naaru are from WoW ??? Why are models from WoW forbidden anyway? They may be useful for many maps, including my own. (I don't want to insult anyone, i just don't understand it) Maybe someone could explain this to me?

Level 14
You are allowed to have a Naaru model, as long as it is not directly from WoW. IE, you can have a model BASED of somthing in WoW, but you cant rip it directly from WoW. (Heavily edited WoW models I am not so sure. This one has always confused me, as I've heard some people, even moderators, say it was ok based on how HEAVILY edited it was. Im not gonna bother with it though, since im all confused about it >.<)

Annnnnnnnnnnnyways, I highly back up this request. I have seen several requests go by for this, and I would love to have one for my own map series. Good luck on this request though. :)

~Asomath

Level 23
I'm willing to make a Naaru model (I don't have WoW. lol)

I knew FF7 had one, and it looked too good to be true. Figures.

I'm just going to have problems with the textures, but I'll try. And the mesh for the model should be fairly simple as it's pretty geometric. :p I've added it to my list of models to make. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.