1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hive's Request Exchange Workshop

Discussion in 'Requests' started by stonneash, Oct 28, 2017.

1. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Rules

Request Rules:
    • Requested resources serve the community, not just the individual.
    details
    Your requested resource needs to be used to develop another resource ex: asking for a weapon for the unit model you are making, and/or be used in a map, campaign, or a tutorial or something that servers the community equally.

• Requested resources are to be utilized immediately
    details
    Requested resourced need to be useful now. Hard-drive stashing requested resources is a waste of time for the people that spend time and effort working on it. If you don't need your resource until a month or two later, then do not ask for it until then, so that urgent requests can be attended to.

• Requested resources need to be published and available if useful
    details
    This is to further enrich the community with quality resources.

• Requested resources meet the Hive's rules and standards
    details
    All hive workshop rules still apply here. If you aren't familiar with them please give them a read, there is only a few.

Concept
    The requests will be sorted by type and then listed in order of difficulty. if you satisfy a request, you are encouraged to publish the resource in the appropriate resource section and link this thread to help others find it.

Requests Index

submit a request

Step 1: Prepare your materials:
    details
    think, what are all the things you can do to make the job of the person who will make your request easier? easily first is lots of pictures, reference pictures resource pictures, any pictures. lets say you have multiple models that you want re-skinned. Take individual pictures of each model like they are individual requests. prepare the files, do not put everything in a compressed file, unless the file is huge and needs to be compressed, otherwise separate them. Properly label all relevant materials

Step 2: Submit a request following template:
    details
    By following this template, it will make it very simple to plug your request into this megathread, and it will also make your request more presentable in the main thread.

Template
    Code (Text):

[simpletable="Request"]
    Request title: //describe your request in the simplest form
    Request type: //(3D Model, 2D Art, Icon, Script, Terrain, or Other)
    Request subtypes: //Animation, Re-skin, Spell, etc. (use all relevant)

Description: //Here you will describe everything you want to the best of your ability. Try to clearly state the things that you want and what you don't want

Use: //Here you will describe why you need this request, what it will be used for, how, and everything relevant

[hidden="Relevant material"] //Here you will post all of the relevant media like pictures and the links that are needed to download things if applicable.
    [/hidden]
    [/simpletable]

Sample request

Request

Request title: Add legs to unit (stonneash's Shaman)
    Request type: 3D Model
    Request subtype: Model edit

Description: I need legs attached to this model behind the skirt with the feet sticking out just below the front of it so that it kinda rest and drapes over it. I'd like the quality to match the rest of the model and to use the same texture.

Use: I will be using this in my FAKEPROJECT linked here: FAKELINK

Relevant material

Image showing the model
    [​IMG]

FAKELINK to download mdx file

FAKELINK to download 3ds file

Step 3: Notify me of your listing with a link to your thread so I can add it to the list.

stonneash's Note: why is it called exchange? because we expect you to try and satisfy at least one request for each resource you request (whenever possible). I mean do you even romance a girl? love to community, don't abuse it.

Archieve

Solved Request

Solved by: Cuore
    Request title: Murloc Edit - Tribesman Murloc
    Request subtypes: Edit Only - Attachment of Geosets to obtain a new look.

Description: Some simple permanent attachment of weapon and tribal mask on the murloc, replacing its basic melee fisher tool weapon. Giving it a new fresh look and distinct from other murlocs.

Use: For addition in a murloc race and for others to use it too who find it useful.

Solution

Solved Request

Solved by: Cuore
    Request title: Thick white or blue-ish fog model that hides what is beneath it
    Request type: 3D model
    Request subtypes:

Description: I need the fog to be of same thickness on all sides and to get thinner only upwards. The main point is that the fog needs to effectively hide everything underneath it, that is the most important thing.

Use: It will be used to hide the black 'nothingness' that appears after using alpha tile. It will be used in practiacaly same matter as pick related

Relevant material
    [​IMG]

Solution
    QUOTE="Cuore, post: 3209958, member: 257294"]Request solved. All can be found in the attached test map.[/QUOTE]

Solution

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  2. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Nice initiative, subscribing, i'll probably post some requests, following the rules ofc ♥

3. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think it would be a good way for the community to come together and make a list of the things we need but don't have

4. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Totally agree, and exchange of resources or requests is a good initiative, i can do 2d art, so i can collaborate too :3

5. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Update: New 3D Modeling request (difficulty: 2)

6. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This is a great idea, though unfortunately I won't be Requesting anything (since I can't really contribute). Good luck!

7. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Request solution entry
    All the necessary files are in the attached testmap.
    Material includes:
    - Unit model
    - Portrait model
    - 2 custom textures (murloc's skin, mask)
    screenie.gif

Attached Files:

8. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  9. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Request solved. All can be found in the attached test map.

Attached Files:

10. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Signaling a New request by @Tuwnew : form found at Simple Model Edit

Request Solved. A model fit to be a unit based on the Dalaran Ranger made by Ujimasa Hojo can be found inside the attached test map. Credits to Ujimasa Hojo for the excellent work. The requested model is called v 1.00

EDIT: at the additional request of the user, a second modification has been made. Particles and spheres near the ends of the bow have been removed. This second version is named v 1.01.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  11. Diegoit

Diegoit

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Request
    This is a great model who have a bit problem.

If you change it "slam anim" to an "defend up" you can use a "shield up" spell that increases your defense a lot for 0.30 seconds.

Body can be visible some times through armors.

-------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------

MODEL (download link)

What i need - if you want to do only 1 thing theres is not problem.

1- Change "slam anim" to defend stand anim with left hand.

2- "Slim down" body just a bit to avoid bugs with armor models. The problem are not the armors.
    pic 1 - pic 2 - pic 3

3- A portrait - if it talk would better

This maybe can control your mind to do this

12. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Would you be able to fill out the form in the template so I can add it to the thread instead?

13. Diegoit

Diegoit

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I dont understand this yet (cuz english isnt my main) but if it will help me, do it.

14. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Code (Text):

[simpletable="Request"]
    Request title: //describe your request in the simplest form
    Request type: //(3D Model, 2D Art, Icon, Script, Terrain, or Other)
    Request subtypes: //Animation, Re-skin, Spell, etc. (use all relevant)

Description: //Here you will describe everything you want to the best of your ability. Try to clearly state the things that you want and what you don't want

Use: //Here you will describe why you need this request, what it will be used for, how, and everything relevant

[hidden="Relevant material"] //Here you will post all of the relevant media like pictures and the links that are needed to download things if applicable.
    [/hidden]
    [/simpletable]

It's alright English isn't my main either.

If you put the information about your request here in the code above ^ and post it I can add it to the main post.

15. Diegoit

Diegoit

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think this could work.
    Code (Text):

[simpletable="Request"]
    Request title: model edit
    Request subtypes: Animation, Re-model

Description:
    What i need - if you want to do only 1 thing theres is not problem.

1- Change "slam anim" to defend stand anim with left hand.
    2- "Slim down" body just a bit to avoid bugs with armor models. The problem are not the armors. - pic 1 - pic 2 - pic 3
    3- A portrait - if it talk would better.

Use: If you change it "slam anim" to an "defend up" you can use a "shield up" spell that increases your defense a lot for 0.30 seconds and body can be visible some times through armors.

[hidden=
    Model > https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/villager-rar.283208/

Pic > https://fb-s-d-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-fbx/v/t34.0-12/23113736_1484122808347422_1066657237_n.jpg?oh=49aac597f871232b2b68c843e1bea472&oe=59FA7363&__gda__=1509613863_f9268672e16fc968f641d427c4fae532

[/hidden]
    [/simpletable]

16. Villainous

Villainous

Resources:
    Resources:
    Best thread I have ever seen and it is brilliant idea. Subscribing! :)

17. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Update: All requests added and up to date.

Thanks!

18. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Good initiative. But I personaly find there's a bit of not required information - I see no real sense of rules. I would try to focus on making it easy for people to see listed requets, if the goal is to complete ones. They should not be necessarily required to make formal requests with defined shemas in thread, but we could marely have active requests listed, in categories maybe, also ones that can be linked to an other respective request thread. People could use the list to navigate then to wanted request.

19. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The goal here is to give priority that will provide to the community as a whole to speed up its development and tend to the places where it lacks, But Ideally if we wanted to solve all requests and treat them equally then your way would definitely be better.

20. Villainous

Villainous

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would contribute too, I can do some terraining, spells, and some a little modeling with just special effects.