• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Azeroth RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
DISCONTINUED PROJECT

Azeroth RPG Banner.png

This is a map that is heavily inspired by WoW and aims to bring a fresh new open world RPG experience to the table. The map is developed using the Reforged graphics, so in some cases it doesn't translate very well into SD graphics (sorry). The map has been in development since the Reforged beta.

The reason why I call this "Azeroth RPG" and not "WoW RPG" is mainly because I've left Outland out of the game. This is because of two things:
  1. Tile limit. We have 16 max. tiles to work with and because I want the zones to have the feel from WoW, Outland didn't make the cut.
  2. Space limit. Even Northrend barely fits in the world, and I also want to make space for dungeons and raids.

Features:
The scale and scope of the map is absolutely huge, so some features - if not all - are unfinished, but here's a list of the implemented ones:

Save/load system:
  • The system is codeless, so players don't need to open a local file to paste something into the chat.
  • The system saves the player's hero, XP, items and quest progress. I'm thinking about saving abilities too.
  • The reason I wanted to do a codeless save/load system is so I can make the WoW character selection screen (and also for user friendlyness). Screenshot below.
WC3ScrnShot_032720_124517_001.png

Heroes:

The heroes are faction specific, so the Alliance offers a hero type that the Horde does not (and vice versa). Currently the heroes have 5 abilities each and 1 passive effect, while other heroes have a 6th ability and no passive. I have plans to rework the heroes entirely and allow players to select between 2 different skills for each skill slot (just like Gaias RPG).

Every hero are equipped with a hearthstone, which works just like in WoW. Players can speak to a tavern to make it their home and use the hearthstone to teleport back to the tavern.

Quests:
  • The quests are similar to that of WoW. Complete a quest to receive the next in the chain.
  • The quests are per player, though players on the same quest can still work together.
  • Atm there's not a lot of quests implemented (30 total), but that's gonna change later on.
  • The save/load system saves the quests as either: available, accepted, or completed. Quest objective progress is not saved.
WC3ScrnShot_032720_124534_001.png

Events:

One of the most important goals of the map (in my opinion) is making the world feel like it's alive. Controlled/scripted events is there to make that happen. These are the current events:
  • Alliance vs. Horde: At some point during the game the Alliance and Horde will set up a small base and battle in a tug of war.
  • Scourge invasion: The Scourge can invade a random location on the map.
  • Contaminated supplies: I don't want to spoil too much, but it's sort of a infection/zombie event.
Obviously there's going to be rewards for participating in these event, but that's still work in progress.

AvH.JPG Scourge Event.JPG

Dungeons and raids:

This is one area that I've not yet reached and atm I'm only experimenting with boss fights and making sure people can't cheese their way into the dungeon areas (using movement and teleport abilites).

Anyway, the goal is to have 3 players (max) for dungeons and 10 players (max) for raids and completing a raid will reward more powerful items than dungeons.

Here's a screenshot of the Zul'Farrak boss fight:

Zul Farrak.JPG

Other Stuff:
  • Creep respawn.
  • Item drops from creeps.
  • Ship transportation between continents.
  • Multiboard that shows the player's hero, level and location.

This is pretty much the state of the map atm. I want a playable demo out as soon as possible and that's why I have decided to finish Kalimdor first as a playable zone. I'll conclude this thread with some screenshots of the terrain (including Eastern Kingdoms which is way into the future).

Teldrassil.JPG Northern Kalimdor.JPG Orgrimmar.JPG Dustwallow Marsh.JPG Un'Goro Crater.JPG Silvermoon City.JPG Stratholme.JPG Stormwind City.JPG Stormwind, Elwynn Forest, Westfall, Duskwood.JPG

Attachments

• Azeroth RPG.w3x
    7.2 MB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Level 2
Hi man, i want try this map. But in actual version map not working. Every time when i try, loading freez :(

Status
Not open for further replies.