• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The RPG Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
--HELPERS WANTED--

The RPG Project is an project to bring more MMORPG feeling to the Warcraft III engine. Of course it is not possible to bring an MMO to an 10 Player Map but u can bring a lot of the features. So i searched different forums for what is possible and what isn't.

And here is the plan for the map:

We all know, most of the RPG maps are only interesting if u don't know them.
If u have seen all the content in the map and reached the maximum level your hero can be it will be boring soon. So i decided to improve the 3 main things of a map to catch the interest of the player:

1. [The World]
2. [The Heroes]
3. [The Dungeons]

so lets have a closer look at each point to see what is improved:

1. [The World]
is the first impression of the map so it has to be very awesome to let people say "wow"
so here are the features:
-a pretty Terrain with much features like switches, hidden stuff and so on
-different difficult modes which can be chosen at the start to make the game play harder and the item drops better
-an advanced camera system which allows you to view the hero from all possible angles
-many different interface systems like a full screen inventory system which improves the game play
-lots of Quests which are split in 2 types: the main quests which are always the same and the optional quests which can be different each time u play
-different systems like gambling and open-pvp to give an alternate of slaying monsters
-hundreds of items including rarity, set items, and items for specific classes

2. [The Heroes]
The Heroes are the main part of a game... no heroes = no game!
i decided to make every hero different each other but balanced
and we all know ... if the ma is very big and long to play there must be an save/load code system
so here are the facts:
-6 different hero classes which can be chosen at the start (some of them are different at day and night)
-each class have 3 complete different skill trees with 8 spells in each skill tree which must be leveled with spell points
(so if a class is a healer or a dmg dealer is depending on the skill tree u choose)(you can also choose 2 or 3 skill trees at the same time)
-all attacks and spells are based on stats which means u can increase the power of ur spells depending on the items u wear

3.[The Dungeons]
Dungeons are very important in a good RPG map. And how would u find it if u can choose the difficult of the dungeon ?
-4 different dungeons which are only playable in groups
-2 kinds of dungeons (dungeons for smaller groups and dungeons for bigger groups)
-difficult levels for the dungeons depending on the heroes lvl (for example: high lvl heroes cant enter a dungeon for low lvls)
-challenging bosses which can drop very rare items

There are many more features...

Progress:

Terraining:[||||||||||||||||||||]
Scripting: [||||||||||||||||||||]
Modeling: [||||||||||||||||||||]

----HELPERS WANTED----

of course i could do everything alone but because of quality its better to make things with specialized people
i could draw all the needed textures my self but they would never look like textures of someone who make textures every day
so thats the reason to get more team members

We currently need people for following divisions:

JASS Programming
this is really important because i just started to learn JASS and our systems are very complex. i would take month to make them all work fine. there is one more reason to recruit an good JASS Coder... we need an complete new system I've never seen before (more information via PM)
so JASSERs needed for:
-Item creation (all items are written in JASS)
-Spell creation (like the items the spells are all written in JASS)
-System Creation (a full screen Spell learn system based on doodads)
-Save/Load Implementation
-Bug fixing (because we wanna start a good BETA and not a poor one )

2D Artist
-customize the Full Screen Inventory and Skill Selection
-customize the Interface

attached an Screenshot from the entry Terrain

terrain2u.jpg

Level 7
it sounds cool but most of the things have been done before but in some crappy maps, exept Tkok :grin::grin:

anyway i love rpgs so im looking forward for it

Level 2
Def4n3s ORPG, TkoK and other maps... Good idea to collect all good pieces of gameplay and create a better one! nice move, would like to play it ;)

Level 3
Sounds very interesting! I love this kind of orpg maps, they're simply so much fun to play :p

One thing that I want to mention as an single-player gamer(I dont have my own internet connection... *sigh*), add system where player playing alone can take control of other players, so that even people like me that like to play alone(or just cant play in web) can enjoy this kind of awesomeness :3 Of course, IF that's possible. Or just make/add single-player mode :D

I wish you a good luck with the project!

Status
Not open for further replies.