• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blight of Malgarnos RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Greetings everyone at the hive. I present my RPG project that I have been working on now for some time, please read below for the details.It started off as a linear story/quest based RPG, then half way through its opened up and now it plays more like an open RPG with lots of dungeons and raids

Welcome Mercenary, to a land that has been subjected to horrific evil and terror. Disruption follows the great Demon Malgarnos like the plague and has consumed all but the last few towns and villages. Hunt down Malgarnos and put an end to his reign of terror and destruction.

Name: Blight of Malgarnos
Players: 1 / 2 – 4
Single player compatible, Multiplayer recommended

-Battle your way to level 100
-9 Unique heroes classes(10th in development)
-Each class can choose from 2 sub classes
-Multiple Races/Character models to choose from
-11 – 13 skills per character
-Scaling ability’s based upon character attributes(rather than level 1 – 100 dam etc)
-Quests
-Save/Load
-Unique items
-Attachment system
-Inventory system
-Dungeons, and unique enhanced boss fights
-Many, sub systems like DPS meter, camera system etc
-PvP
-Professions
-Custom spells
-And more.)

The Demon Lord Malgarnos has begun moving, and is systematically destroying every town and city. He is looking for something but no one is quite sure at this point, all that is known is that when his minions appear nothing but death, flame and ruin are left.

I’m afraid I cant give to much away but the story will unfold as you progress.)

Terrain – 80%
Story – 95%
Items - 80%
Heroes – 100%
Dungeons – 60%

Currently Working On:
- Adding the last few dungeons/raids
- Optimising boss fights – lots of play testing
- Optimising old terrain
- Adding last few item sets.)

Attachments

• wc4.jpg
    wc4.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 115
  • wc5.jpg
    wc5.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 111
  • wc6.jpg
    wc6.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 115
  • wc7.jpg
    wc7.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 114
  • wc2.jpg
    wc2.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 101
  • wc.jpg
    wc.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 133
  • wc3.jpg
    wc3.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Level 10
When i get the equipment system fully in the map, and tidy one or two things i hope to release a Beta, probabaly in the next few weeks. The map is playable though and i have started play testing dungeons, boss fights and quests.
I will try add some more screenies soon and some more info.

Level 10
Ah... These days... So many Rpgz... :D Indeed... I hope this one will be good too ;).

Thanks very much, i am hoping it turns out well too. After some of the play testing me and some friends are enjoying the map alot so thats a good sign :p

Level 10
Well, there are some RPG's that are run by great people....and others....that are run by inexperienced players

This is true, and probably a long time ago I would have classed my map as inexperienced or “run of the mill” but ive been working on this map for a very long time and its constantly changing for the better, and now incorporates some great systems and legendary boss fights :D But saying that you never know how these things will turn out I guess and what I think may be awesome others may not like or agree?

Edit: Also forgot to mention, and another advantage to this RPG is that its nearing completion and most of the work is done, unlike others who make a thread at the start of development and potential keep people waiting months or even years for a playable version to be released.

Level 5
This is true, and probably a long time ago I would have classed my map as inexperienced or “run of the mill” but ive been working on this map for a very long time and its constantly changing for the better, and now incorporates some great systems and legendary boss fights :D But saying that you never know how these things will turn out I guess and what I think may be awesome others may not like or agree?

Edit: Also forgot to mention, and another advantage to this RPG is that its nearing completion and most of the work is done, unlike others who make a thread at the start of development and potential keep people waiting months or even years for a playable version to be released.

Well, I knew when I made WoW Dunegons - Deadmines that it was gona become popular someday...but now that I see how my current RPG is coming along, I'm gona drop the project from before.

Level 10
Update:

Added a few more screens.

Progress is coming along nicely I have added most items in game and into the inventory system and checked each individually – very time consuming!!

Started the next raid/dungeon and I have also been modifying and updating the hero class abilitys as some where old/boring and my skills have increased a lot since i added some of these in like 2 years ago.

I’m getting real close now to open Beta/play testing, so if anyones interesting let me know here or PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.