• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

~ Unnamed RPG ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
testhi1.gif

Unnamed RPG is an open role playing game which puts you in a world of fantasy, adventure, and trouble. Throughout your journey, you will undoubtedly come across everything from a Gnoll to a fire-breathing dragon. Your character will gain knowledge and grow, both physically and mentally over time, learning new skills to make him/her more viable to their allies.

Feature Overview
  • 9 classes to choose from, with more to come with later updates!
  • Over 20 quests across the first two playable zones in the game, each unique to the player who receives them.
  • Fully functional save/load which saves 12 items and everything about your character.
  • Unique item durability system.
  • Item requirements based on class and level.
  • Uncommon and up items soulbound to your character.
  • 11 unique abilities for each class.
  • Over 30 new and unique items in the first release.
  • Creep respawns and item drops.
  • Quality terraining.
  • Proper spelling and grammar, and enhanced tooltips for an aesthetically pleasing look that is easy on the eyes.
  • User-friendly interface and commands.
  • Unique chat system that allows others to hear you based on how close you are to them.
  • A linear storyline, with dozens of optional tasks to undertake on your way there.
  • Dungeons and instances designed for groups of players.

I have been working on Unnamed RPG for quite some time now. HINDYhat and I are good friends, and both excellent triggerers and mapmakers, so you can expect the same quality of work on MMRPG as you can on Unnamed RPG. Yes, the game is actually called "Unnamed RPG."

Currently, Unnamed RPG has been in a long and drawn out beta. The game is far from being finished, with only two zones finished, and about a third of all of the class abilities implemented (9 classes X 11 abilities each = 99 Abilities), so about 30 abilities are done and in the game. Some classes such as Guardian and Shadowknight already have about 7 abilities, while other classes such as the Ranger and Arcanist have only 2 or 3. With later updates and versions, all abilities will be completed and finalized.

The release of the game for the public is planned for this Friday, August 15th, complete with 2 zones, 20 quests, 30 items, 9 implimented classes, 1 dungeon, and some other nifty features. I have some screenshots up on the official forums to give everyone a little glimpse into the game, and I'm sure others will post their adventure pictures there as well.

SCREENSHOTS

Cine%5F1.jpg

Crusader%5F1.jpg

GM%5F2.jpg

Guardian%5F1.jpg

Guardian%5F2.jpg

Party%5F1.jpg

Shadowknight%5F1.jpg

ShadowKnight%5F2.jpg

If any of you are interested in the game, or have any questions, I recommend that you visit and register on the Unnamed RPG discussion boards, located at:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/unnamedorpg

Thank you!

- The Big S
(Shaman, Clan ORPG)

Last edited:
Level 20
Heh, I liked testing this map. There were loads of fun thing inside. The quest system was very well made, and the overall look of the game was clean and easy to understand. Here are some of the up/downs that I noticed.
Ups:
-Clean interface.
-Nice quests.
-Fun roleplayability.
-Easy to understand proficiencies.
-Very nice backpack system :)P )
-Short save code.
-The item durability system.
-No crappy wc3 RPG-ish terrain.
-The balancing.

Downs:
-Lack of items (more items should be in the release)
-Lack of abilities (same ^)
-Memory leaks.

That's all I could think of. I'm looking forward to the completion of items and abilities :D.

Level 4
Hehe yeah, small story behind the name...

I was just making a really simple game, was going to be hush-hush until release. I just couldn't think of a name for it, so for the few that knew about it, we called it Unnamed RPG...then, while doing nothing at my computer, my friend recommended, why not just call it Unnamed RPG? It has a sort of fantasy-like feel to it, although it is such as simple word. And so, that is what I have done. :p

Thanks for the high quality comment. I like to think that it has alot of the features that online game players enjoy. I have played at least 3/4 of the MMORPG's that have been released (EQ, SWG, WoW, etc) so I have a pretty good feel for what an RPG needs. I have been working on this game for about 5 months, and although there are only two zones done, there has been alot of work put into it, and it is leak free and 99% bugless.

Level 5
Alright, I got a team of like 10 people that I use ventrillo with that are willing to test out your map. We are usually pretty good at finding bugs and errors in my maps.

Level 4
MAP IS RELEASED!

Publish II - v1.5

http://epicwar.com/maps/28689/

So far, we have hosted 5 games, all open houses, and about 80% of all who played liked it, and played again.

Please register on the forums, located at z11.invisionfree.com/unnamedorpg so you can find other players to play with, discuss quests and strategies, learn more about your class and the game, report bugs and suggestions, and receive special members-only benefits. Thanks all, and I hope you enjoy the game!

Level 5
I played the game with one of my freinds on vent. And we loved the game, I was assassin and he was shadow knight. We have some suggestions tho to make the game more user freindly.

Make labeled hotkeys (I like using em)
Options to share vision (We kinda got lost at times lol)
More Abilities sooner would be nice
Also, a chance to remove durability, instead of instantly removing 1 especially on quest and special items >.>

Level 25
The terrain needs alot of work. The ground is too flat: add hills!
Tile variation is there, but not enough of it. :\
Once the terrain is good I'll consider trying it out. Terrain is one of the major factors of a good ORPG!
~Craka_J

Level 4
Eh, I would recommend you try it out before ruling the entire game out based on terrain only. Also, especially in the mountains, any more hilliness on the main terrain causes the high artificial cliffs to really get messed up, not sure why, but it happens.

Again, those screenshots are outdated, so please don't base my map on that.

@ Steel - Hotkeys are coming next update (going to use the left side keys such as QWERTY etc. to make it easy, since you can't use numbers). As for shared unit vision, I am really going for the realistic and authentic RPG experience, where you are unable to know where other players are. However, because this is Wc3 team oriented RPG (aren't they all) there IS a -find (player number) command that will ping a player on the minimap. For instance, typing -find 1 will ping player 1 for you on the minimap. Hope it helps!

Level 10
I tested it out, single-player (keep that in mind), and here I found some stuff I didn't like:

Horrible drop rates for the bandit quest and bear pelt quests. Seriously, how hard is it to kill a bear without harming the larger part of it's flesh? Bandits I can understand a bit better, it being a letter and everything, but still.

Hard to kill stuff, slow experience gain. In 14 minutes of solid grinding and doing the first couple quests, I had level 2, as a Creature Handler. I needed to go back and heal after killing two bandits, and could barely make it out alive with two bear cubs, I believe. I could buy potions, but then I have no money left over for gear.

Also, does renown do anything? Does it give you tangible discounts on stuff, or is it just there for show?

My 2 cents.

Level 4
Currently, there is no use for renown in the current release.

However, as the arena is unlocked in Publish IV, there will be special items bought with renown, as well as amenities and titles.

Creature Handler is not very good for soloing until around level 5, when they get their pet companion. Then, they become much better, as it's basically the equivalent of two heroes.

To solo, I would recommend either Guardian or Shadowknight at the moment.

The bear pelts argument is well stated. I will look into this and buff up the drop rate. Bandits have a 30% chance to drop the letter, but sometimes people are just very unlucky.

As for creep difficulty, again, probably your class. Questing needs to have it's experience gain buffed I will admit, and item costs need to be revamped as they are totally messed up at the moment. Much of these concerns will be addressed in either P-II v1.6 or 1.7.

The experience is supposed to be moderately slow, because there are only 50 levels in the game. Take this into consideration; A player was already level 20 on the first day of release, when about 75% of the game's content has not even been released yet. Your first levels are difficult, I admit, however it does get faster, ESPECIALLY with groups of players. That is why single-player is only recommended if you plan on playing multiple times on the same person, via the Warcraft III save feature.

You'd be surprised what a difference 10 players grouping up to complete objectives is; it is amazing.

Level 4
v1.6 is now released.

Changelog

- Bloodpaw Gnolls will now correctly drop their loot instead of only swords.
- The level 15 Shadowknight spell will now correctly be enabled.
- "An Old Enemy" quest now correctly updates and completes.
- Respawn time has been reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Instance grace period reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
- The level 10 Ranger spell "Bandage" will heal for the correct value.
- The durability on many items have been made to match their tooltips.
- Added a large number of names for each class.
- The level 5 Creature Handler spell "Call Pet (Rank 2)" now summons the correct bear pet.
- There is now a 50% chance to lose a durability point on items, instead of a 100% chance like there has been.
- Quests now play sounds when updating, completing, or receiving them.
- Creature Handler and Ranger should now correctly show their projectiles.
- You can now pay a small fee (5-10 gold) to revive at different towns.
- The Serjin Mining Outpost now has a healer.
- Clicking on a quest giver to turn in a quest multiple times in half a second will no longer give multiple rewards.
- Loading characters is only allowed within the first 5 minutes of game time.
- Repicking and loading characters now resets quests.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Also: www.unnamedorpg.com <-- new domain name :)

Last edited:
Level 4
v1.7 is now released.

Changelog

- Loading characters is now correctly disabled after 5 minutes of game time.
- Removed 90% of the chat-spam when loading a character.
- Loading and repicking now removes all items on the map that belong to you, to prevent the passing of items to alternate characters.
- Backpacks may now only hold items that are already bound to you.
- All items in your backpack and character inventory are now re-bound to you on loading.
- The gates in the Splinterlode Mines are no longer able to be destroyed.
- The Assassin spells "Backstab" and "Sneak" have had their tooltips corrected.
- Divine Protection now correctly has a hotkey.
- All Spellbooks now have the hotkey "Q"
- Backpack now has a hotkey "E"
- Proficiency books now have the hotkey "W"
- Attribute Leveling now has the hotkey "R"
- The Splinterlode Mines now require a minimum level of 10.
- The item "Mountaineer's Boots" now gives 2 QUI instead of 4.
- The Paladin spell "Smite" now does 3xINT damage/6xINT vs. Undead damage.
- The Guardian spell "Shield Slam" has had it's tooltip fixed.
- The paladin spell "Holy Strike" now does 2xVIG+10/15/20/25/30 damage.
- The tooltip for the "Revive at Serjin Mining Outpost" ability now says 10 gold instead of 5.
- Bandits will now correctly drop loot.
- The drop rate for an item from bandits and gnolls has been reduced from 20% to 15%.
- The Guardian spell "Shield Slam" now correctly detects the Dwarven-Steel Kite Shield.
- The cost of an Etherial Drake has been lowered to 1,200 GP.
- The cost of repairing items has been lowered to 50 GP.
- Black Mask Pounders are no longer a dark-red tint.
- The Ranger spell "Emberwild Arrow" now does 2xQUI damage (AOE)
- You will now only gain XP if the creature you kill is within 5 levels of your character.
- The -roll command now correctly works again.
- Both rings and necklaces may now be equipped at the same time.
- Added several new abilities.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.