• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unnamed ORpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ahem,
I know what your thinking, another attempt at an ORPG, and I'm not going to lie, yes it is, and this one isn't even named yet. [Suggestions open.]
This ORpg of mine I've been wanting to make for a long bit, but now, I'm taking my shot at it, It may be nothing Spectacular or great, but its something to keep my busy and maybe people may turn out to life it.

Now, Lets Get into the Info about the map.

Class Information
Classes can be advanced as you would see in games such as Final Fantasy Tactics, the first beginning classes you will have more than 1 selection for beginning classes. Every class can move onto a few different types of classes.
For example, Warrior can move onto Fighter or a Bladesman, the Squire can become a Knight or a Guard, the Priest, a Cleric or a Paladin, theres more Ect.
Level 1 Classes
Level 1 Classes

Warrior - Offensive class, deals good Damage per second and can take a bit of damage.
Squire - Defensive class, great for tanking and supporting other members with defensive skills.
Priest - Support class, healing allies, giving buffs.
Pick Pocket - Support class, able to deal okay damage but not take damage to well, has his own little quirks.
Apprentice - Support Class, able to do damage quite well, ranged, can't take damage to well.
Abilities
Abilities

Every class will have 4 abilities, [Heroes will have 5, 4 Class abilities 1 Racial trait]. Every trait will level up over use.
A integer will be kept of how many times a ability is used and after it reaches a certain amount, it resets and you are given the next level of that ability. If it is a Passive ability those will take large amounts of time to level, but will level on there own.
Item Types
Item Types

There the basic types of items, swords, helms, armor, ect.
But, every item has 5 [more actually] but thats it. The Different types would be Rusty, Low Quality, Normal Quality, High Quality, Magically Enhanced [Different types of magic by element such as fire, ice, ect.] Unique, and Legendary.
Races
Races

An update on races, I'll be adding a few more races as the game progresses along, I'll label some of the races I have now, every race will have its own special ability that they come with.
Human - Human Intellect [Intelligence Bonus]
Orc - Orc Rage [Berserk/defense and Attack speed bonus]
Night Elf - Keepers of the Night [Same vision as day at night, stealth walk]
High Elf -
Undead - Resistant Skin [Bonus Armor]
Murloc
Centaur - Might and Speed [Bonus Strength and Faster Movement]
Troll
Dwarf - Stubbornness [Strength Bonus, defense bonus]
Draenei -

As of now some of them are empty, any suggestions for racial bonuses are appreciated and if used, will be thanked in credits.

Any Suggestions/comments/concerns.
Will be taken under suggestion. Thank You for reading. =]
I've been away for awhile, but I'm still working on the map!
ALSO
Since my Terraining is pretty horrible as you can see, If any terrainer wants to help, feel free to pm me.
I'd be very happy to accept any help. =]
-Calvin

Last edited:
Level 6
List One
World Of Immortality
Eternal Damnation
Oblivion Darkness
Lybrynth of Pain
World of Chaos
World of Fear
Dark Lore
Eternal Illusion
Immortal Silence
Blood Lore
Necroscape
Dark Plauge
Necro Plauge
Oblivion Plauge
Blade Lore
Legendary War
Oblivion War
Cold Wars
Land of Oblivion
List Two
Dragon Lore
Silent War
War of Eternity
Eternal War
Plauge War
Demonic Lore
Soul Lore
Oblivion Souls
Soul Plauge
Silent Plauge
Soul Scape
Legendary Souls
Immortal Souls
Soul Legends
Dark Souls

????????????????????????? Why Two Lists?????????????????????? its confidental so don't ask...

Level 8
List One
World Of Immortality
Eternal Damnation
Oblivion Darkness
Lybrynth of Pain
World of Chaos
World of Fear
Dark Lore
Eternal Illusion
Immortal Silence
Blood Lore
Necroscape
Dark Plauge
Necro Plauge
Oblivion Plauge
Blade Lore
Legendary War
Oblivion War
Cold Wars
Land of Oblivion
List Two
Dragon Lore
Silent War
War of Eternity
Eternal War
Plauge War
Demonic Lore
Soul Lore
Oblivion Souls
Soul Plauge
Silent Plauge
Soul Scape
Legendary Souls
Immortal Souls
Soul Legends
Dark Souls

????????????????????????? Why Two Lists?????????????????????? its confidental so don't ask...

Thank you again on spending your time on the lists,
but once again, your titles have a certain, feeling to them and with the repeating, Lore, or War, or Oblivion, or other Dark terms, well, its quite... Eh, Odd.
I'll think of some of those titles, some I did like,
-Calvin

Level 8
The Quest for Glory
The Journey of Triumph
The Trial of Gods
The Test of Champions
Etc.....
Lol, i thought of these for fun :p

=]
Thank you for your help Too,
I Do like The Trial of Gods, of course, With what I'm hoping, this will span over a few maps, not just one.
This first map I'm developing will go from levels 1-25, I've got quite a bit of terrain done, and I'll most likely be doing more today, Thanks for the help,
If you have any other suggestions besides names, like Ideas you would like to see in a ORpg Let me know. xD

Level 20
Map Name:
- The Final Task
- Heroes of the Hope

Suggestions:
And are you making any quests in this map? Because completing the quests is 100x more fun, than killing creeps. Also it would be fun to have dungeons, with boss fights, and bosses will be triggered, so they don't only stand on. They move and cast spells and there are different tricks to beat them down, so it wont get any boring to play.

Level 8
Map Name:
- The Final Task
- Heroes of the Hope

Suggestions:
And are you making any quests in this map? Because completing the quests is 100x more fun, than killing creeps. Also it would be fun to have dungeons, with boss fights, and bosses will be triggered, so they don't only stand on. They move and cast spells and there are different tricks to beat them down, so it wont get any boring to play.

ok this would be kind of a confusing trigger. For example a Maul. If you buy a maul it doesnt appear in your hand just your invetory. well i thought it would be cool to put it in your invetory AND put it in your hands.... get what i mean?

Yes, Supersheep, there will be quests/events/games that will be played in this game.
Dungeons will most likely be added, also, I had that idea with bosses already, =]

Mc-Flurry I know,
I hate saying this, but I actually have every Wow Equipment item Ripped,
but the problem with that is too much space being taken up, and WoW ripped items appear small on Wc3 models.

Anyways,
Thanks for all the ideas, I'm progressing more on the map. Mainly making all the items right now. about 55 have been created at the moment, much more coming. xD

Level 19
Story of the Fall and Sorrow
or is it too flashy

Quest of the Allience
... no comments

Suns of bloody heaven
I liked that one

Dimentroya Force
like a team name

not so much but I will return ^^

Level 8
Story of the Fall and Sorrow
or is it too flashy

Quest of the Allience
... no comments

Suns of bloody heaven
I liked that one

Dimentroya Force
like a team name

not so much but I will return ^^

=]
Thanks for your try, first one I do like,
the second one, eh, dunno, no comment, xD I Do like the third one a lot [has my vote] and the fourth one not so much.
Thank you for your try, "Suns of Bloody Heaven" has been the most appealing to me so far. =]

Level 15
I think you might want to make a special trainer for ever class, the trainer gives quest that add to many a point which replaces lumber called "Class Point" or something when completed. When you gather enough "class points" you can approach the trainer to do a Upgrade quest or something to become a level 2 class etc etc....

Level 8
I think you might want to make a special trainer for ever class, the trainer gives quest that add to many a point which replaces lumber called "Class Point" or something when completed. When you gather enough "class points" you can approach the trainer to do a Upgrade quest or something to become a level 2 class etc etc....

That is a interesting concept, I'll think about it,
as of now, Lumber may be Taken, Gold = Money Obviously, Lumber = Dungeon Points/Something else, Food = Food System/Must eat to Survive. =]

Level 8
o_O you are really fast in replying and thanks for the extra info, wish you luck in your project!

xD
Thank You, I'm always usually lurking around the hive, and If I'm not, than I'm sleeping,
Or playing a game. I'm very un-happy with my Terraining... I'm actually thinking about "hiring" a terrainer for my project so I Can focus on everything else [Lots of items].
If you think you can do better than myself, Go onto my website [Signature] go look into the photo gallery and take a look at my terrain. =]
Thank you all for the support, and I'll most likely either A. Make a new Thread with the new name, or B. Ask a Mod to rename this. =]

Level 8
=]
Thanks for your attempt, and I like how you took in consideration the abbreviations for each one.
School is somewhat draining and if anyone would like to point out sources for me to look at, I'll be more than grateful. =]
I'm working, Slowly but surely,
Register on my Forums and Bug Me!
-Calvin

Level 3
ure rpg sounds interesting with the varity of races - but ive seen somthing similer with that defi4nce rpg so will make ures stand out and maybe u dont need a name just yet beacuse u could make a gd story for ure rpg and base the title on it

Level 19
for name something with corruption would be cool too
Fall of a(the) corruption
The Corruption falls

or Nvm

Level 15
Murloc- {Watery Habitat [Gives icreased MS, AS, HP regen and MP regen when near water (if there is water)]}
Troll- {Survival Instinct [Increases AS, MS and hp regen when hp falls below x]}
Draenei - {Stalk [Gives increased MS and AS when there are enemies who are low on HP]}
Undead- {Undying Will[Chance to revive instantly when killed, revives with x health and y mana]}

Names: {The return to Lordearon: Under the undead's wrath, Lordearon fell and Jaina lead the survivors to Thereamoore Isles to seeks shelter. Yet there are some of whom are unwilling to abandon their home and flee. So after gathering a significant force, the group of adventurers started their journey back to Lordearon and to freedom once again.}
{The army of Kil'jaeden: Kil'jaeden decided that he could no longer rely on his own forces to aid him in the destruction of the lich king, and have started searching for mercenaries ever since he first gave Illidan his quest. Finally he built up an army that he was confident of in destroying the Lich King's Legacy for now and for evermore.}
{}= suggestion

Level 8
=]
Thank you for all that imput,
I'll be looking more at your abilities than your project names, much because they focus on either Horde or Alliance.
This game is not focused on any particular race, [Will be adding Tauren soon.]
Thank you for those suggestions, with the water bonus, I'ma have to do a bit of triggering and re-terraining. xD
-Calvin

Status
Not open for further replies.