• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dar'Khunor - A different multiplayer RPG map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Creator: Me.
Map forums Dar'Khunor forums

Dar'Khunor is a RPG styled map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. It is set in a world taking a lot of inspiration from myths, like Atlantis and Mu, the lost continents.
But what is unique about Dar'Khunor? Unlike in most RPG maps, in Dar'Khunor, you start at the maximum level, ready to take part in the fun part.
In Dar'Khunor, soloing is really impossible, as all real action takes part in unique and challenging dungeons with scripted bosses!

Features to be in version 1.0:
-Many different classes to play, each with 3 different styles of playing(specs)
-Fully scripted bosses offer the players a challenging game, requiring real tactics.
-Instantly at maximum level, ready for you to start the dungeon raids.
-Save and load your characters, allowing you to continue playing later!
-Piles of new items, gained as loot from the bosses.
-Every dungeon has a great replay value. Didn't get that shield last time? Just try again, as the bosses don't always drop all the loot.
-Quests with great awards.

There's a demo version coming of the map, which features:
-1 complete, fully scripted dungeon(The Cavern of Eternal Mist)
-The main city
-5 different classes, each with at least 2 specs.
-1 quest involved with the dungeon

And before someone of you says: "The terrain on the screenshots is really bland/etc.", I tell you why it's not ultra awesome. Because of the scripts, which are quite complicated. I don't want to make the bosses and events to bug just because of a slightly badly placed doodad.

Credits:
Dan van Ohllus for the Death Knight on foot model.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_011109_184703_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_011109_184703_01.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 540
  • WC3ScrnShot_011109_184752_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_011109_184752_04.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 490
  • WC3ScrnShot_011109_184757_05.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_011109_184757_05.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 874
  • WC3ScrnShot_011109_184820_06.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_011109_184820_06.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 555
Level 3
Looks really interesting :eek: I mean REALLY interesting. Weird that no-one has noticed this thread o_O Hopefully you can release the demo soon!

Try to make it work nicely. I'm more than happy to give plenty of feedback after demo-release and testing :)

Level 8
Woah from where did that topic come from and why didn't i see it before :O.
The idea for max level characters and generally leaning the gameplay to raiding is awesome. I'm looking forward to play the demo when it gets out.

Level 2
sounds like for example the world of warcraft - molten core map etc etc

dungeon like maps, sounds like its more a dungeon then a "rpg". ;P
maybe im wrong, dungeon-rpg :)

well sounds really cool! I would like to try it for sure!! :D

Edit: Dar'Khunor haha i thought it said "Dark Honour" for a while ;P x) how funny :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.