• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

- - - The Greatest Open Rpg to ever be created - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Yea, but there will be ways for people to "create" heroes for their RPG's in SC2. An idea ive thought of it a exp bar on a Multiboard (Give exp every time you hit something), then every level up increase damage, health, mana, armor, attack speed... etc then sorta tag the level of the "hero" with floating text or something.

Last edited:
Level 5
Yes, ive written multiple rpgs for the origional starcraft game and im sure the new starcraft 2 editor will be an expansion on the warcraft 3 editor and I already have great ideas floating around in my head about a good open rpg for starcraft 2 that I never finished doing on the origonal starcraft utilizing the qualities of this rpg into the starcraft 2 one. The idea is to utilize multiple planets and colonizing them to gain equipment and buffs for yourself that saves to yourselves.. multiple planets instead of dungeons as in this one.

Level 5
If they indeed do decide not to input heroes with equipment i'll probably modify the equipment code with something like outpost upgrades, (better shops) (More money for kills) (stronger defenses) Stronger enemies, new enemies, etc etc etc.

If anybody is interested in becoming part of the map making team that which is us let me know. We've got another 6 months or something like that till sc2 is out anyway but still we can conglomerate ideas for it

Level 5
Yea, but there will be ways for people to "create" heroes for their RPG's in SC2. An idea ive thought of it a exp bar on a Multiboard (Give exp every time you hit something), then every level up increase damage, health, mana, armor, attack speed... etc then sorta tag the level of the "hero" with floating text or something.
The only difficult thing with that is having it be a savable code. My idea was going to be something reputation based (vespine gas or something) as the counter and that be part of the code you have. And use food as part of the level up counter.

Level 4
The only difficult thing with that is having it be a savable code. My idea was going to be something reputation based (vespine gas or something) as the counter and that be part of the code you have. And use food as part of the level up counter.

i dont think blizzard would be stupid and not include a way to make heroes in the editor.
even though, there could be leveling up heroes in the campaign mode for all we know.

Level 5
I personally strongly think they will have heroes in starcraft, by not having heroes they would be taking a step back in the evolution of their brand of rts and if you feel that it might be because starcraft 1 didnt have heroes, they did they just didnt level, similar to warcraft 1 and 2 both didnt have the lvling heroes but war3 did. Anywho im pretty excited for the game to come out, not because its going to have a fun plot and gameplay but the user based mods and maps.

Level 5
im sure they will have levelable heroes, I strongly feel they are going to use the war3 engine to make this game whilst adding their new physics engine and skins and models etc etc. So its probably going to be very much so like war3 but starcraft with a buncha perks

Level 6
It's highly unlikely SC2 will have heroes.

Starcraft and Warcraft are two different universes, while Wc3 is more of a RPGRTS oriented game, Starcraft will and should always be pure RTS. I pray that the Koreans will secure that.

Level 25
Exactly. Plus Wc3 has alot more custom stuff to use that are already made by Wc3 fans. Starcraft has aliens and Space men and that's about it. Nothing really new. And no custom models for it for a while probably since they're using a new model file and new model quality.

Level 5

Starcraft and Warcraft are two different universes, while Wc3 is more of a RPGRTS oriented game, Starcraft will and should always be pure RTS. I pray that the Koreans will secure that.

Starcraft and warcraft are two different universes, thats for sure. Its like comparing Lord of the Rings with Star Wars both are different and great in their own ways. Starcraft has amazing potential for other sci-fi rpg aspects.

One I was about to start on for starcraft one was a mafia style one not like the crap mafia maps that are available but a mafia whos power spans upon the strength to take over entire solar systems of planets. It might be the theme of the rpg one I am doing. We'll see theres a couple ideas floating in my head as to what I might expand upon. Or one where your crashlanded on a planet and you fight your way with junk left over in the ship to a nearby shithole colony where they are bareley survivng on eating the meat of the alien creatures nearby and constantly being attacked by raiders and other creatures. The shops which pay for carcases and the like.

Level 5

About the korean comments i keep hearing. Whats this whole korean talk? Is blizzard having some kind of korean based company build starcraft 2?

Level 5
meh, why bother with scII and stuff you know nothing about yet when u can use warsoc to do anything u like once its finished?

Because with the ideas that may be shot into the air it will give everybody a chance to give great additions to the map with lots of planning and brainstorming like this would suck this would rock these items would be good for this concept these monster ideas would be great for that one will cause the creation to run smoother and faster.

Level 5
but why bother? i have mastered wc3 stuff, why would >I< move, for example, to scII? I can model, skin, terrain, jass for wc3... why would i go to something completely new and go from beginning? seen first roc maps? thats what are first maps in scII gonna be. And i don't want to start from beginning for i have huuge knowledge of wc3.

The main reason is fanbase. Warcraft 3 has lost most of its users. The majority of the players left are under 13 or foreigners. At peak times tehres still a semi active community but once starcraft 2 comes out you will have a lot more players to entice with your abilities. All of your abilities that you learned for wc3 will only make it much easier to transfer and begin with sc2. Plus it is blizzard, the world editor will have a lot of similarities to wc3.

Level 16
I see you turned 180 on your thread topic. You cant do that. If you stopped making this project and started a new one, create a new thread about it. Dont hijack your own thread lol.
And you disregarded my warning.

Closed. Pm me if you have something to complain.

Level 5
Thanks

Keybinder of Success.

To all those interested;

This project is being resurrected. I thought I the file is lost forever and it has returned from the graveyard. So I am working on this project again. Problem is I dont have my team anymore so I am recruiting again for this project. I need a terrainer, and someone who knows jass/ skilled in gui.

-Thanks

Level 5
okay cool. If you are interested; Im going to need a new starter map, which will consist of a newbie area lvl 1-10, then going off into a bunch of other side areas, mostly be creative is all I ask. If you are interested in joining the project i'll give u the systems map and u can take a look at the triggers maybe you and I could work out a better way to get this done :) Heh, having been a few years since i worked on this map I forgot where I was at on my trigs and have to re-learn the jass required to do them lol.

Level 1
Yo, Xandramas, it's me, Mooo-sonic-x from the SC2 forums
Add me to ur friends list. I'll be on w/e, unless u specify a time on here or on the sc2 forums for me to be on.
My wc3 username is Mooo-Sonic-X and im in azeroth

Level 5
How do you like terrain?
What don't you like?

Bnet Account: dhk_undead_lord
Gateway: Northrend

Okay to be more specific, The first map should have a low lvl newbie area about 1/8th of the map preferably mountainous, very green blocked off by a cave (Players will have to traverse the cave to get to the meat of the map) then outside the cave do what you like. make it fluid and the like maybe a forest surrounding a lake, lots of water meaning rivers and stuff, dont make 2 much non traversable water tho (Deep water) and give it some heart and soul :)~ I'll be on uswest most of the time as starchild2007. Im working on another side project right now as well... (an open source rpg that someone gave up on; playing around with it too.) Kind of at a standstill as to what to do at the moment till I can find someone skilled in jass. My old jass triggerer left with the knowledge as to what one of my triggers does.

btw, awesome terrain anachron
Thanks

Okay to be more specific, The first map should have a low lvl newbie area about 1/8th of the map preferably mountainous, very green blocked off by a cave (Players will have to traverse the cave to get to the meat of the map) then outside the cave do what you like. make it fluid and the like maybe a forest surrounding a lake, lots of water meaning rivers and stuff, dont make 2 much non traversable water tho (Deep water) and give it some heart and soul :)~ I'll be on uswest most of the time as starchild2007. Im working on another side project right now as well... (an open source rpg that someone gave up on; playing around with it too.) Kind of at a standstill as to what to do at the moment till I can find someone skilled in jass. My old jass triggerer left with the knowledge as to what one of my triggers does.

Sorry I am at my girlfriend for the next week. Maybe you begin or get another terrainer for your help. HF

Level 4
So what is the progress on this map now? What percentage is it complete? It's been going on for like 2 years now?

Status
Not open for further replies.