• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fate's Grip RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Fate's Grip RPG (Not Final)

I am starting a new project, an rpg.
This RPG will have classes warrior,archer,mage...???battlemage,theif and archer/mage (cant think of name for that one) maybe??? but will focus on different types of magic which will be Fire,Water/Ice,Lightning,Earth,Holy,Dark, and Time "can easily be altered in future" that will be selected at different levels of the class.

There will be 5 islands "+1 for the game bosses that i will talk about later"
1 will be warrior 1 wil be archer 1 will be mage. 1 island will have the worlds/continents super duper fort, 1 will have the super fun dungeon or maybe i will have several smaller dungeons,if i choose to do that than maybe i will have 4 islands, the fourth island would be the city thats not really warrior archer or mage but is people with no real leader that are outcast from the others for not being fully human.

the other island, the island that will have the dragons controlling the people might not be one island but several really small island that will have each as a boss on them.

Story is that the dragons took over and the people are forced to live how they want them to and you, are looking to kill them and free the people.

I want this rpg to have very good terrain and many secrets and puzzles, the rest is to be decided.

i will have different mini-villages throughout the map that can teach you new spells at certain levels
either fire,water,earth,lightning,time,holy,dark

I have decided there will be enterable houses like in many games because it will seem more detailed.

So far the team is

-Brett Terrainer/Planner

plz help out

Attachments

• preview1.blp
    2.3 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Level 5
Info on Magic

i will have different mini-villages throughout the map that can teach you new spells at certain levels
either fire,water,earth,lightning,time,holy,dark

-Fire
Will have dps buffs and focuses on DPS and AOE at high mana cost

Fire,Flaming Metoer,Flame Strike,Fire Within,Damage Aura,
-Water
aoe spells with defensive buffs, will also include ice which can freeze enemy units at low mana cost

Water,Ice,Blizzard,Icy Shot,Deluge,Water Torrent,Watery Armor?,Brilliance Aura,

-Earth
very defensive with good auras and buffs low mana cost

Rock Armor,Protection Aura,Nature's Hammer,Impale,Entangle,Uproot,Protect

-Lightning
complete damage high mana cost

Thunder Strike,Thunder Storm,Lightning Field,Thunder Sheild (damages),Paralyze,Electric Trap?,

-Time
A buffer such as slow/haste type spells + auras good team player mid mana cost

Slow,Haste,Haste Aura,Slow Aura,Cooldown Reset enemy/ally, World Freeze,Stop

-Holy
Heal spells and high level damage spells along with auras at a mid mana cost

Holy Light,Cleanse,Wrath of God,Regen Aura,Holy Healing, Star Fall, Diving Light,Meteor,Dispel

-Dark
High mana cost dps spells negative auras raise dead basicly what u think of with undead stuff

Black Hole,Absorb,Poison,Raise Dead,Degen,Death Coil, Degen Aura,Sleep
Death Dance?"Kills you and one non-boss",

These are ideas for spells i will post as i think of them and later add short descriptions with lots more to come,fell free to give me ideas

Last edited:
Level 8
This sounds just like another warcraft III rpg. If you are going to create an rpg, it needs something unique. Something nobody else have come up with in an rpg.
Does the title fit the story?
What is the futures of this rpg?

Maybe this should have been posted in the idea factory?

Well, the rpg looks like its still in idea-mode, but good luck with your map (Y).

And please use the edit button, nobody likes double-posting. Except within the 48 hours rule.

Level 5
And please use the edit button, nobody likes double-posting. Except within the 48 hours rule.

well those 2 are just where i will edit future map info and if i wasnt using edit u would see like 7 more post

2nd: i think maybe i should just forget about the site for now till it has a brighter future

3rd: i am working on terrain as much as possible and now its my weekend so i can get a lot of work done
This sounds just like another warcraft III rpg. If you are going to create an rpg, it needs something unique. Something nobody else have come up with in an rpg.
Does the title fit the story?
What is the futures of this rpg?

i will be changing everything in other rpgs i hated and everything i thought they were missing
"waiting to try dalaran rpg"

Level 5
i decided to start over because some stuff was shit and i wanted to use the UTM map "i just gave u credit" and i was wondering. could someone give me link on how to make a sig for my map and where i can make a loading screen?

Level 9
I really do think you should start on something smaller until you get all the techniques down in WE. Maybe a TD or footman map? those are easy to make but hard to make one thats not boring and isn't repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.