• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Im making a new RPG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Its called "Valiant Heros RPG" (Thanks to Druid Jay for the suggestion)

You start in a town as a villager, then you look for a role. Once you find your role u become a hero representing the role (Ex: In a bar, you get a pandaren brewmaster... but human model, or at the academy you will get a mage/elementalist)

After you choose a role you go creep hunting and theres quests and stuff... its mainly just huge islands and im going to get a way to make transporting different... Example: if you are on the starting island and want to go to the other big island with a city you pay a small fee (say 150 gold) and you get taken there in the ship (possible cinematic of a ship moving over the ocean) you are at the other island in about 15 seconds. Theres many islands and some do not have a port to sail to commercially, so you have to purchase a guide to take you to a selected location (im not sure how this will work, im hoping that theres actions and events with mini map signals AKA pings :))

Hopefully you will be able to save and restore your character at the current roles location, if the role has been taken you cant load though (no 2 of the same roles)

There will be quests from finding a pirates treasure to venturing across the islands getting a special quest item drop from a well-powered creep (not a rigged/boss creep just powerful)

Only some units get spells like the mages and a few others... every hero will have at least 1-2 spells though, but you can research training as a fighter to upgrade agility and strength, but u can only upgrade mages intelligence, which is more expensive.

ill take some ideas, and i will, without a doubt, need lots of help!

Level 8
that sure is positive support there eusira... i figure it wont be that hard... just when u load if the role is taken dont create the hero and say role has been taken... not that hard

Level 8
i need ideas on some heros and what role they play in a medieval society... i have an academy with 3 mages, fire lightning and ice. and ill have training grounds with a swordsman, spear throws, and an archer. ill have a bar where you can get a bandit hero, pandaren brewmaster (need hero title ><), and militia warrior. thats 9 and i want about 12-14

Level 8
ill get the world editor unlimited save/load code to work.. im sure its possible its just confusing... and if i cant then you wont get to save but theres nothing wrong with that, i dont really care for saving usually i just make a new character

Level 16
I can give you hero names; hope these help

Godslayer
Demon Berserker
Erassi Geomancer
Solar Aberration
Khiaran Elementalist (This is used in Fall of Teroth)
Khiaran Seeress (Same as elementalist)
Wind Dancer
Ladauri Dragon (FoT)
Sandstorm Reaver (Fot)
Azure Paladin (FoT)
Aurioss Titan (FoT)

I hope these help, but do not say some hero names are original. I work hard thinking of rational names :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.