• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island Control :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My current project is Island Control.

The game: Island control is so far about destroying your enemies on the other Islands. To win you need to destroy every enemies Main Base, you lose when your own Main Base gets destroyed. Every Island has two people on each teams with four teams all together. Every player can choose a hero at the beginning at a hero tavern. If anyone have any ideas about the controlling the Islands, like: if you control two Islands you could get an additional spawn etc..

Features/Includes:

- Many custom units and abilities.
- 12 custom heroes so far planned.
- Random function while choosing heroes and a chance to get a secret hero.
- Weather changes in game several times.
- Bounty for heroes and units.. Stats raised and so on:)
- Income for all players (maybe something about controlling islands will be added)
- Spawn functions

My map isn't finished yet and ideas are very welcome :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 2
Got some screens to give you a simple impression of the game..

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_082007_174541_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_082007_174541_01.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 96
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 103
  • War3 2007-08-23 15-31-54-71.jpg
    War3 2007-08-23 15-31-54-71.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 119
Level 7
Horrible terrain... It's just to tidy and no layer. Also this is basically just a normal melee.... Also will there be different races or just 1 race the everyone be's or what?

Level 2
Well, I am a n00b terrainer and trying to learn ..

So far I'v only got one race..

At the center of the little Island there is actually a shop only for heroes, and I'v made pathing blockers to prevent people from going and massing towers there actually, but maybe I'll think of something like that ..

Thanks, I'll try to improve something, maybe make two of the Islands in blight or something..

As I am very noob about terraining, what would layer mean? You have any tutorials about terraining?

Level 7
Tutorials! We have a whole fucking section about terraining! By layers i mean dont just do flat grass... add in a whole bunch of tiles and then elevate the ground a bit. Also I advise you make more thn 1 race -- i think 6 is a good number.

Status
Not open for further replies.