1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dragon Slayers RPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by HaaG, Jul 19, 2013.

1. HaaG

HaaG

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello everyone,me and my friend are making rpg and we need more members,i wanna introduce you the features of Dragon Slayers RPG first,also the rpg is in very early stage and there are not many things completed.

DRAGON SLAYERS ORPG PROJECT

Features :
    -Professions : Alchemist(Will make potions),Gem crafter(Will make gems),Enchanter(Will enchant items)
    -Many heroes
    -2 Spellbooks,1 for passive and 1 for active abilities
    -Heroes will gain spells on levels and the latests abilities from hard quests.
    -Max level will be at least 80.
    -Dungeons
    -Save/load System
    -Item class system - 1 armor,1 wep,1 head,1 boots,1 ring and 1 gloves.
    -Item rarity system - Starting from white items,then blue,purple etc.
    -Nightmare mode(Increasing bosses and mobs damage armor etc.)(offcourse there will be some bonus for players who kill stuff in nightmare mode).
    -Sockets,Some high level items will have sockets,you can add gem in it by getting a gem from the gem crafter.
    -Tons of items
    -Exp sharing system,exp doesn't reduce if there are more players nearby
    -Gold sharing system,everyone gets the same amount of gold from the creeps and it doesn't matter who got the last hit.
    -Showing damage done and spells being cast every time.
    -A wisp who will follow you and able to help you collect items and materials for your profession or drink potions for you.
    -DNG Loot system,every player will get 1 random item after every dungeon.(It may not be for his class,so it's on luck).
    -No single player.
    -Hidden classes,there will be hidden classes who will be able to be picked by more skilled players.
    -We are leaving a spot for making a second map if one isn't enough,we plan to make this rpg big,so if one map isn't enough,we will make another with more bosses more items and more of everything !
    "]

-Everyone says wc3 is dead and there are no new maps,but the truth is it's not dead as long as we believe it's alive and support it.There are over 100k people on garena daily and im sure our map can become popular enough and be played by a lot of players every day.We are planning to focus more on gameplay and fun(Something most of the rpgs really miss).

ALL THESE FEATURES CAN BE CHANGED IT'S NOT NECESSARY TO DO EVERYTHING THIS WAY.

TEAM :

Nicknames and Positions:

HaaG - Project Leader,Object editor,Tester,Balance.
    Shadow Fiend - Project Leader,Terrainer,Object editor.

Free Spot - .
    DotCa - Triggerer,system maker and spells.
    the_blood - Spell maker,triggering and minor stuff.

It's preferred to use skype to communicate.Keep in mind that you also need some free time.I want the project to be finished faster than the other projects in hive,we should work hard and accomplish the task of making a new great orpg for wc3.I think there are enough good icons and models on the hive so we don't need a special guy for doing that.You guys probably want to see my and my friend's skills,so here im posting my map and a picture of his terrain.

A rpg completed by myself(alone). http://www.epicwar.com/maps/183869
    Terrain sucks and map is 512x512 so it doesn't look completed but it actually is.The gameplay is good and there are many items and bosses as well as interesting features.I know some GUI but i don't know Jass.

Shadow Fiend's terrain example :
    Terrain
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  2. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well listed features sounds cool except this one:

You're being too dramatic on this, we got tons of new maps and map being updated everyday.

Anyway you only show 1 screenshot of the terrain and currently it looks nice.

EDIT:

Also post this on the Map Development forum and not the recruitment forum for you to get more viewers.

3. HaaG

HaaG

Resources:
    Resources:
    It can be single player,but save system have to work only in multiplayer,i just don't want people to abuse single player and play with cheats.

Map development forum?I thought that forum is only for maps who have playable betas.Is there a way to move this thread to the map development forum?

Also we plan to add more features in the future,such as random events,for example for 10 minutes 150% EXP from mobs,or 150% gold etc.

4. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not all. Ask a moderator to move this.

5. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    best of luck!

however you dont need 3 trigger spots. One spell maker and a system maker is just enough.
    terrain looks nice btw

6. HaaG

HaaG

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks,and we plan every hero to have maybe ten and more spells,with maybe 20 or more heroes.So there will be a lot of spells and im not sure if 1 spell maker is enough.

Edit : Oh and plus the bosses must have some unique spells as well.

7. pred1980

pred1980

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    GL and plan 1 year :)

8. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    in that case the project will take atleast a year dude.

200 spells + boss spells, 80 levels?
    I strongly advice you, to reduce the ammout, big projects got a 99% fail chance

9. HaaG

HaaG

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's not true,200 spells aren't really that much,they just look so,my 1st rpg map(the one i posted),has 400+ abilities in the object editor including item abilities,each hero has 14 spells i think(not sure i forgot haha),at job 3,and max level is 100.And i did everything alone,well not every ability is coded perfectly(this is why i don't wanna be a coder or spell maker here)and my GUI skills aren't too big but i didn't give up and i finished my project.So i'm sure if we are 4 or 5 people we will eat this project for breakfast.I mean we will finish it even fast,although it's big.I can help in coding if the members of the team decide my skills are good enough...i can do do easiest GUI spells maybe or idk...Well Chaosy do you consider joining us?

10. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well, regarding spells if you want nice looking spells that aint super simple object editor spells it will likely take 1-2 days per spell

I leave this thread now. I don't want to start a debate

11. Nordmar

Nordmar

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    are u the user fiend_86 ?

12. Fiend_68

Fiend_68

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, HaaG is my mate.
    I am the terrainer of this map.
    EDIT: I am Shadow Fiend

13. Nordmar

Nordmar

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    um..you're a swindler :p where is the story? finished terrain? finished heroes? finished coding?

I don't see why you can not change the mapname!?

14. HaaG

HaaG

Resources:
    Resources:
    Friend,if we have finished half the stuff,we could finish the other half as well without help and just upload the map,once we find at least 2 ppl to help us we will continue our work,(currently there is only a little bit terrain,a few triggers and some stuff in OE,)we work fast,we have currently stopped to find more members,so we can finish the map in a few months,some of the systems i listed are already done,the rest are ideas.As soon as we find members to fill up our team we will start working and show you how the progress is going.

Btw shadow fiend had already terrained 256x256 map for this RPG,but he decided he doesn't like it(I liked it actually the terrain was pretty good in my opinion),and started terraining again from zero....There were some heroes done too,but we decided to start new heroes(the already made heroes had jobs and evolved)we plan heroes to have no jobs now.

Edit : Map name can be changed as well also...like i already said in the first post,we don't demand to do everything this way,some of the features could be changed a bit.

15. HaaG

HaaG

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bump.Still looking for members.

16. Fiend_68

Fiend_68

Resources:
    Resources:
    The map name stays as it is.

17. Losam

Losam

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Interesting, would like to help you with the general descriptions of the project.

18. HaaG

HaaG

Resources:
    Resources:
    General descriptions of the project?what do you mean?descriptions on items,spells,etc . ?

Btw - still need spell maker.

19. Losam

Losam

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah , and i will be your writter.

20. DivineLight

DivineLight

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources: