• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Black Morass RPG

What camera system do you prefer

• Current one

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Standard WC3 camera

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Work in progress :)

This is an early beta preview of my latest rpg map. It features some never before seen game play , terrain, and much more. As you will see in the video there are a few cosmetic changes to be made as the map in the moment is in a very unfinished state. The systems are not fully implemented with the map engine, more items need to be created etc. This map will be a maximum 10 player game although a single player campain is also considered.

Some of the systems that it features.
- A full screen inventory system with 19 different item slots (boots, belt etc)
- Most items will have their own model.
- A mount system. Players will be able to fly if they have a flying mount
- Spell damage system. When a hero casts a spell the spell damage will be dealt based on the hero's stats and not a permanent value.
-Hero revival system with hero spirit.

-Dungeons, hundreds of items and much more.
At the moment all of this is finished and i will be uploading more details soon when i have time.

In the mean time i would like to know what you think about the camera system and the inventory also if you have suggestions and whatever else you think. :grin:
I will release more map info when i have time as well as a beta test sorry but at the moment I do not feel like it is good enough to be released
Removed the terrain screenshots as the terrain has been updated.

Update:
Currently the walking sounds are being imported, you will be able to hear the grass crush under your feet as you walk

Last edited:
Level 11
I like to have control over the camera, so ill prefer standart camera.

Also when you use camera like that the teamplay will be almost impossible. And theres
all those annoying health bars and stuff in the background.

Level 17
yea i have also tested this map many times on bnet and nearly all people prefer standard cam. I only decided to make it fps because it engages the player a lot more but is harder to play. oh well standard game camera it is then :) however there will be an option for a player to set it to fps and reset it to normal again.

Level 17
yes you are right about that the thing is i got these really nice tiles (or where they) and decided to use them, so i did not really care what i did with them and the terrain looked rather random. the problem with these tiles was that they took up about 4 mb of space. finally i decided to remove all of them and only have resources that do not exist in the mpq archives as a result the map size is much smaller and easier to spread >:D

Status
Not open for further replies.